9 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$265
View deal
Expedia.comUS$280
PricelineUS$289
Hotels.comUS$280
ZenHotels.comUS$305
Trip.comUS$308
getaroom.comUS$365
All reviews harry clarke great location iveagh gardens st stephens georgian building grafton street stephen's green no elevator small hotel the ground floor single room sitting area breakfast was delicious family room lovely hotel trinity college beautiful room
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 January 2022 via mobile

Charming and elegant. We stayed in six different hotels in Ireland and this was my favorite. Great location, historic and comfortable. Divided light windows overlooked the park. We had a family room with two bedrooms and two baths, perfect for our little group.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Stauntons TheGreen, Other at Stauntons on the Green, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2022

Dear Amelia W,

Thank you for your Review. It is lovely to read that you found our little Townhouse to be charming & elegant. 2 bathrooms in your room is always a bonus when staying in a Hotel. Please note I will read your review to the team at our meeting. Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Stauntons on the Green.

Many Thanks,

Reviewed 8 January 2022

My wife and I decided to treat ourselves to a night in Dublin just prior to Christmas. We decided it would be nice to stay in town, and looking around for a reasonably priced hotel came across Stauntons on the Green. It was everything we had hoped for and more. Our room, which was very large, looked over the Green, was warm, clean and very comfortable. Being able to walk out the front door of our hotel and be at the top of Grafton Street in 3 minutes was fantastic. Also there is a lovely garden with direct access to the Ivy Gardens, one of Dublin's amazing open spaces,
The staff adhered to all Covid advice, unfortunately, several of the guests didn’t, but that was not the fault of the hotel or its staff. I would highly recommend Stauntons and we intend to return early in 2022.

Room tip: Rooms facing the Green are the largest, but you do hear traffic.

Dear JohnmT5872LG,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback with regards to your stay with us at Stauntons on the Green over the Christmas period. Reviews are very important to us as the feedback helps us grow as a team.
It is nice to read that you found our Townhouse to be reasonably priced, your room was large, warm, clean and close to Grafton street.
We do love our private entrance to the Iveagh Gardens.

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at Stauntons on the green.

Reviewed 6 January 2022

My wife and I spent 2 wonderful nights in Stauntons on the Green recently. This hotel is a little gem in the centre of Dublin right on Stephens Green. The staff were excellent and very friendly and the breakfast was 10/10. We will definitely stay here on our next trip to Dublin.

John Fletcher London UK

Room tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel have a nice view of Iveagh Gardens and the hotel has its own garden area leading to that
Date of stay: December 2021
Stauntons TheGreen, Other at Stauntons on the Green, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2022

Dear Mr Fletcher,

Thank you for the feedback. It is always nice to read reviews especially when our little Townhouse is described as a Little Gem. We are delighted you both had a wonderful time while staying with us at Stauntons on the Green.

We would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us in the 1st place and say that we the team look forward to welcoming you back to Stauntons on the Green in the future.

Please note I will read your review to the team at our next team meeting.

John Whelan.

Reviewed 5 January 2022

Fantastic hotel in great location. The staff were extremely helpful and very friendly, including the manager John who was a gentleman. The room was lovely and the bed really comfortable. Nice view over the park. The breakfast was fantastic. Would definitely stay again.

Date of stay: December 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear MRCGMAC,

Thank you for the lovely feedback, We the team at Stauntons on the Green really appreciate it.
We understand the time and effort that goes into leaving a review. Thank you mentioning our location, the team we do love a shout out :) the room, the bed and the view.
Please note we will discuss your review at our next team meeting as we do with all guest feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Stauntons on the Green in the future.

Reviewed 1 January 2022

If I could give a negative star rating I would. The Staunton Hotel has been hands down the worst travel experience I have ever had. I found this hotel on recommendation from a friend who works for the Irish government. My go to hotel was booked as there was a marathon in town. At my friends suggestion I reserved a room at Staunton. My first stay was pleasant enough. The little hotel charming, with a nice staff. When a group decided to return to Dublin for a sporting event I suggested The Staunton, as it is budget friendly for a group stay. A few of us booked our rooms for the sport weekend at a non refundable, pay up front rate. Then the pandemic. Our trip consisted of visits to other towns in Ireland as well. Along with a final week in Italy. When we contacted all of the other hotels to cancel due to the sporting event cancellation, we were offered full refunds by some and vouchers with no expiration dates by others. Not The Staunton. The Staunton first refused any extension. After lengthy, frustrating back and forth we were offered an extension to use our prepaid rooms until 12/31/2020. When it was obvious that no one was traveling anywhere due to the ongoing pandemic and travel restrictions, the back and forth ensued. We were finally offered extension through 12/31/2021. 2021 proved to be another year of no or limited travel as we all awaited vaccines and a lift of travel bans. Opportunity presented itself and we decided to take a trip for Christmas 2021. We spent a few days on the front end of our trip at Staunton, with a planned return to Dublin at the end of our trip. On the front end of our trip our room rates were double what was offered by the hotel itself and online. Completely offensive. When I brought this up to reception I was told they had no control of the price I was charged. As I had breakfast near the reception I heard the front desk quote room rates at half of what they charged us. One morning at breakfast I heard a couple complain to management about the cleanliness of their room. From the body language of the manager, this complaint fell on deaf ears. They truly do not care. When we returned two weeks later to use the last of our credit at Staunton we were given a much bigger room for the same price as the little room we had two weeks before. When I brought this up to the management I was told no credit on past stays. This management team is far from hospitable. They are downright rude and unethical. Prior to our return we had stayed in a beautiful hotel in Kerry. Upon check out each of our rooms received a complimentary 100€ gift voucher, good for all of 2022, to use at any of their properties in Ireland and a box of chocolates. That hotel wants you to leave happy and return, which we will. I cannot stress enough how awful The Staunton management team is and how very sorry I feel for the staff having to work with such horrible people. A staff member apologized to us for the mistreatment and expressed that it was stressful for them as well, to see us treated the way we were. Our last night was complete and we checked out and into a lovely hotel across the green for the remainder of our trip.

Trip type: Travelled with family