5,253 results
All reviews phoenix park iveagh bar guinness storehouse nancy hands superior king heuston train station city centre great hotel national museum minute walk tram line kilmainham gaol breakfast buffet across the river luas stop hop on hop family room
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Booked a family room for myself/wife and 10 year old daughter traveling from N Ireland I found it easier to take the M50and slip off at junction 6 avoiding the City Centre. On arrival we were warmly welcomed and given our room without any problem. The staff from start to Finnish were amazing, they real were on top of their game especially in the dining areas. The food was delicious and reasonably priced. With a tram right outside the hotel we had a direct link to Temple Bar and the Guiness Factory and Zoo both within easy walking distance. Our family room had a separate room for our daughter which she loved. Car parking was €10 which covered us from arrival to 6 the following evening. I would have no hesitation in staying here again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank you for your lovely review of your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel, Dublin. I was delighted to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us and everything was as it should be. It was great to learn that you found our location so accessible from the M50 Motorway and convenient for exploring Dublin. I look forward to welcoming you back to us again in the future.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

We arrived just before midday, but our room was ready so checked straight in. good size with comfy double bed. shower was very powerful and hot. breakfast was buffet and extremely tasty, lots of choice

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank teresab35

Thank you for your review of your stay at the Ashling Hotel, Dublin. I was pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found our extensive breakfast buffet so good. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Ashling Hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

A group of 11 of us visited Dublin for my hen do back in February! Well.. we had an awesome trip! The Ashling staff gave us the warmest of welcomes and couldn’t do enough for us! The staff were so friendly, the rooms were spotless and beautifully decorated and the breakfast options were endless!

We were in an ideal location to see the sights and walking distance from the Guinness storehouse. There were trams located right outside the hotel so to get anywhere a little further was very easy. It was an amazing experience and one that will stay with myself and my friends for a long time.

Date of stay: February 2018

Thank you for your very kind review of the Ashling Hotel, Dublin. I was delighted to learn that you had such an enjoyable stay with us and received a warm welcome from our team. It was great to learn that you were impressed with the bedrooms and found our location so good for exploring Dublin. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Ashling Hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I have always liked this hotel, the location is perfect for exploring Dublin, and it is comfortable and clean, with a great breakfast. I have just spent a couple of nights there with a group, and I have to say, I was overwhelmed by the high standard of customer care. We had a lady who was very ill in our group, and everyone at the hotel went out of their way to see that she was cared for. They were all amazing, but I have to mention Sinead especially, she went above and beyond the call of duty to see that everything was as comfortable as possible for this lady. I travel a lot and I have not experienced this level of genuine care anywhere else. The staff of this hotel could teach many other hotels how it should be done. Thank you all for your kindness.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Agnes W
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind and thoughtful review of your stay at the Ashling Hotel, Dublin. We were very pleased to learn that Sinead and all of our team showed such kindness and looked after her so well. Sinead, our Front Office Supervisor, has a very caring nature and it’s great that she is leading by example. I trust she is now feeling better and we hope to welcome you all back again soon.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Ashling hotel for 3 nights on a long easter weekend away to Dublin.

It’s a lovely hotel, rooms are clean, tidy and modern. Great bathroom facilities and a huge bed - what’s not to love!

We had a room on the 3rd floor and the windows aren’t double glazed so we got some street noise but nothing we couldn’t handle.

Staff we encountered were polite and friendly, overall we had a lovely stay.

It’s between 2 tram stops both of which were less than 5 minute walk. About 20 minute walk to temple bar area but plenty of stops for food and drink before there. We went to a concert at the 3 arena and the tram took us pretty much door to door which was extremely handy. It’s also walking distance to the Guinness factory.

One thing I wish we knew before was how close the hotel also was to the main station for the buses. The 747 bus takes you to the airport and the stop (first on the route going back to the airport) is 5 minute walk from the hotel. You can buy tickets on board for €12 return (€7 one way) which is much more preferred to paying €35 for a one way taxi ride like we did!! So there you go, head for the 747 bus straight out of arrivals - get off at Heuston stop, turn around and you can’t miss the Ashling over the road- your welcome! :)

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Ashling Hotel, Dublin. I was delighted to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us and were happy with your bedroom. It was great to learn that you found our team friendly and found our location good for exploring Dublin and accessing the LUAS Tram Line. I hope to welcome you back to the Ashling Hotel again in the future.