5,161 results
All reviews phoenix park iveagh bar guinness storehouse nancy hands heuston train station city centre superior king great hotel national museum minute walk tram line breakfast buffet kilmainham gaol across the river luas stop bar food family room
Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

The spread on the breakfast was brilliant. Could not find one single fault with it. The rooms were comfortable and services available were great. The only issue I had was from a bar staff member Jay who was extremely rude and never acknowledged me as a guest. Same issue on the first night asked why I was here untill I informed the staff I was a guest.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Darren G
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2018

Thank you for your review. I was pleased to learn that you sampled and enjoyed our extensive breakfast buffet and were happy with your bedroom. We would never condone rudeness but it is regrettable that this public platform was used to name and convey such an impression of a valued member of our team particularly as our Manager on Duty believed any misunderstanding had been resolved at the time.

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

Hungry but not starving we decided on The Ashling Hotel for something quick as it was convenient. The was a decent crowd there as it was about 1.30pm..lunchtime. Quick glance at the menu and decided on 2 bowls of Seafood Chowder with brown bread. Ordered from a pleasant waitress who told us it wouldn't be long. Then 10 mins later she told us it wouldn't be long. The waitress then brought us our Brown bread and 2 glasses of water. 10 mins after that we were told the same. After waiting 35 mins my colleague approached the waitress who once again said...it won't be long. 45 minutes after ordering we were brought our chowder which was okay but a little tasteless. While the surroundings were quite nice and the staff were pleasant I wouldn't be rushing back.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank TonyP1795
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

We acknowledge your review. I was pleased to learn that you liked the surroundings in the Iveagh Bar and found our team to be pleasant. We are a very popular lunchtime destination and I am sorry to hear of the delay with your meal as service is normally very prompt. I hope you can give us another opportunity and try us again in the future.

Reviewed 3 February 2018

Had a great stay while visiting Dublin. Hotel is in a great location for sightseeing. All modes of public transportation are within a two minutes’ walk. A bus stop is outside of the hotel. Those buses (route 25, 26, 66, 67) will take you through the center of town and end at Merrion Sq. Many of the Hop-On Hop-Off tours buses also stop at the same location.

Room was very clean and bed was comfortable. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Appreciated that housekeeping left a bag of towels and toiletries outside our door since we did not have our rooms made. The WIFI worked great during our entire stay. On a night we were not feeling well, it was very convenient to go downstairs and have a delicious dinner at the Iveagh Bar. Our flight was late in the evening but after check-out, we could store our luggage at no charge.

One negative would be the narrow tub and shower curtain. A draft of air would draw the shower curtain towards you and cling to your body. I would suggest installing a curved shower rod.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Richard H
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Thank you for your very kind comments and feedback on your stay at the Ashling Hotel, Dublin. I was delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found our location so good for access to public transport. It was great to hear that you enjoyed your meal in the Iveagh Bar and found our team so helpful. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Ashling Hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 2 February 2018

All i can say is 10/10 for this hotel. Nothing was to much trouble! Asked for a different room, larger with kingdoms bed, immediately offered room 370 by Sinead and another lovely lady on reception. The room was perfect, very quiet, everything we had asked for. All staff so friendly and helpful with a smile for you, this is the only hotel in Dublin for us! Rooms spotless, food delicious, so amazing we will be with you again on the 13th March for two nights, requesting room 370 again please. Can't wait to see you again, oh, such a lovely touch, we each received a bag of sweets as we checked out, and we were able to stay in room until 1pm, fantastic!

Room Tip: Quiet rooms seem to be at the rear
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your very kind review of your stay at the Ashling Hotel, Dublin. It was great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and everything was as it should be. I was delighted to hear that Sinead and the Front Desk team looked after you so well. I look forward to welcoming you back to us again in March.

Reviewed 2 February 2018

Just returned from 5 nights in Dublin at the Ashling Hotel. Cant say enough nice things about the hotel. Every staff person we encountered was wonderful and helpful. Its a very busy place, people always coming and going. Lobby and bar area have a vintage look to them. We arrived super early and our room was not ready, as the hotel was full the previous night. We stowed our bags in the “luggage store”, freshened up in the restroom and headed out. Upon returning later in the day, our room was ready. We were 2 friends sharing a room. It had a single and a double bed, which was perfect. It was clean and nicely appointed. I particularly liked the USB ports next to the beds and by the dresser. Such a nice touch. As it was our mutual birthdays, we received a card and small box of chocolates, another nice touch. Bathroom was a good size and nicely appointed. Toiletries were replaced daily. There was a safe in the room, which was also very nice. We had the breakfast buffet daily, which suited our needs. Lots of choices. Additionally we had dinner at the Iveagh lobby bar one evening and it was very good and reasonably priced. I cannot say enough nice things about the hotel staff. Always smiling and accommodating. Its an nice 20-25 minute walk into town or catch any of the busses at the nearby Heuston Station. Also, the Do Dublin bus stops right near the front. There are several pubs and restaurants just a few minutes walk away as well as a convenience store. We had to check out very early to catch our flight and as the breakfast buffet was not open yet (our stay included breakfast), the hotel packed us up a bag breakfast which was lovely, fresh cut fruit, a pastry, a banana and a granola bar. Very nice. Overall, I would highly recommend the Ashling Hotel!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank winesnob

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Ashling Hotel, Dublin. I was very pleased to learn that you had such an enjoyable stay with us and everything was as it should be. It was great to hear that you found our team so friendly throughout your stay and enjoyed your meal in the Iveagh Bar. I was also delighted to hear that you were so happy with your bedroom and found our location convenient for access to public transport. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Ashling Hotel again in the near future.