5,257 results
All reviews phoenix park iveagh bar guinness storehouse nancy hands superior king heuston train station city centre great hotel national museum minute walk tram line kilmainham gaol breakfast buffet across the river luas stop family room hop on hop
Reviewed 2 February 2018

All i can say is 10/10 for this hotel. Nothing was to much trouble! Asked for a different room, larger with kingdoms bed, immediately offered room 370 by Sinead and another lovely lady on reception. The room was perfect, very quiet, everything we had asked for. All staff so friendly and helpful with a smile for you, this is the only hotel in Dublin for us! Rooms spotless, food delicious, so amazing we will be with you again on the 13th March for two nights, requesting room 370 again please. Can't wait to see you again, oh, such a lovely touch, we each received a bag of sweets as we checked out, and we were able to stay in room until 1pm, fantastic!

Room tip: Quiet rooms seem to be at the rear
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Thank you for your very kind review of your stay at the Ashling Hotel, Dublin. It was great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and everything was as it should be. I was delighted to hear that Sinead and the Front Desk team looked after you so well. I look forward to welcoming you back to us again in March.

Reviewed 2 February 2018

Just returned from 5 nights in Dublin at the Ashling Hotel. Cant say enough nice things about the hotel. Every staff person we encountered was wonderful and helpful. Its a very busy place, people always coming and going. Lobby and bar area have a vintage look to them. We arrived super early and our room was not ready, as the hotel was full the previous night. We stowed our bags in the “luggage store”, freshened up in the restroom and headed out. Upon returning later in the day, our room was ready. We were 2 friends sharing a room. It had a single and a double bed, which was perfect. It was clean and nicely appointed. I particularly liked the USB ports next to the beds and by the dresser. Such a nice touch. As it was our mutual birthdays, we received a card and small box of chocolates, another nice touch. Bathroom was a good size and nicely appointed. Toiletries were replaced daily. There was a safe in the room, which was also very nice. We had the breakfast buffet daily, which suited our needs. Lots of choices. Additionally we had dinner at the Iveagh lobby bar one evening and it was very good and reasonably priced. I cannot say enough nice things about the hotel staff. Always smiling and accommodating. Its an nice 20-25 minute walk into town or catch any of the busses at the nearby Heuston Station. Also, the Do Dublin bus stops right near the front. There are several pubs and restaurants just a few minutes walk away as well as a convenience store. We had to check out very early to catch our flight and as the breakfast buffet was not open yet (our stay included breakfast), the hotel packed us up a bag breakfast which was lovely, fresh cut fruit, a pastry, a banana and a granola bar. Very nice. Overall, I would highly recommend the Ashling Hotel!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank winesnob

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Ashling Hotel, Dublin. I was very pleased to learn that you had such an enjoyable stay with us and everything was as it should be. It was great to hear that you found our team so friendly throughout your stay and enjoyed your meal in the Iveagh Bar. I was also delighted to hear that you were so happy with your bedroom and found our location convenient for access to public transport. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Ashling Hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

Lovely hotel- nice and close to good transport links and beautifully clean rooms.

The breakfast was excellent with a
Good selection.

The restaurant within was also good- not a bad price and lovely food although not amazing for vegetarians

Trip type: Travelled with family
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2018

Thank you for your review and feedback on your stay at the Ashling Hotel, Dublin. I was pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us and were happy with our extensive breakfast buffet. It was also great to hear that you found our location convenient for access to public transport. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to us again in the near future.

Reviewed 31 January 2018

I stayed here for the second time last August, and like the first time I stayed here, I took advantage of the hotel's convenient location, with the Luas stop (tram) close by and Heuston station a five-minute walk away (lots of buses going into the city center and the airport from this location). There are a few stores at this station that travelers might find useful, like an M&S food store and a bookstore, which also sells sundries and other items. Most of the staff at the Ashling Hotel were friendly and efficient, including some very nice cleaning ladies, and the left luggage room personnel who were really fantastic! For some reason, I found the front desk staff less friendly, more brusque and not very helpful and had bit of an attitude, which was a bit of a surprise considering my previous stay at this hotel and from my experience of Ireland overall. This was the attitude at check-in, and I found it odd upon check-out that I was the only guest not offered biscuits for the road (maybe it was a simple mistake but you do notice when lots of people are checking out and you are the only person not offered anything). However, they did change my room from the very odd shaped room without a closet that they first assigned me and upgraded me to a better room eventually. The rooms themselves are very comfortable, generally spacious and equipped with nice bathrooms. The complimentary bottled water is a nice touch. The breakfast buffet in the main restaurant is excellent, with a wonderful variety of breads, cereals, cold cuts, pastries, juice, fruit and cooked foods (almost overwhelming but very good). Also, the bar, which is very family friendly, is a great place to have a drink and quick bite to eat.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for your kind review and feedback on your stay at the Ashling Hotel, Dublin. I was pleased to learn that you found our location so convenient and enjoyed your overall stay with us. It was great to hear that you were impressed with our extensive breakfast buffet and liked the friendly atmosphere in the Iveagh Bar. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Ashling Hotel again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 30 January 2018

We arrived into Dublin airport and took the airlink bus which terminates opposite the hotel. Nice greeting on arrival and prompt check in. We booked for B&B for 2 nights and allocated room 465
Good size room with queen bed - shower/bath en suite. Not a great view - looking into the rooms opposite but to be honest we were out and about every day and just came back to shower and sleep.
Very comfortable bed albeit the room was very warm and cranked up the air con
Tea and coffee facilities. Ice available in near the lifts on the 4th floor. Toiletries provided and very soft & fluffy towels.
Breakfast is the dining room adjacent to the reception - again nice greeting and shown to our table. Sunday morning very busy but Monday lovely and quiet
Great selection of cereals and hot porridge with cream /honey available from the hot buffet - very nice. Great selection of both continental and cooked breakfast. We ordered poached eggs which are cooked to order.
Good selection of breads and pastries - just in case you can manage more food - we were full after the breakfast but they did look good - food is self service which we do prefer as we like a gap between courses
Tea and coffee orders taken and brought to your table
Staff are very friendly and helpful
The hotel is in a great location - 2 excellent pubs close by - great food and Guinness
Guinness factory a short walk away as is the Park and Zoo
Hop on hop off bus and tram - stops just outside or to the side of the hotel
Staff are very friendly and helpful - we will definitely return to the hotel and have no hesitation in recommending the hotel

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank LAD63
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review of your stay at the Ashling Hotel, Dublin. I was delighted to learn that you had such an enjoyable stay with us. I was pleased to learn that you found our location so accessible from Dublin Airport and convenient for visiting Dublin’s attractions. I was pleased to hear that you sampled our large breakfast selection and found it so good. Thank you in advance for your recommendations and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Ashling Hotel again in the near future.