“Grand stay at Clontarf Castle”

Clontarf Castle Hotel
Ranked #3 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 17 May 2010

Impressive from start to finish. Very attentive and friendly staff always giving a warm welcome. Room was very contemporary with interesting lighting. Particularly impressed with the storage, lots of drawers and plenty of hangers in the wardrobe. Beds really comfortable.
The breakfast was very nice. We also ate in the Knights bar a couple of times. All our party really enjoyed the food. Good portions and excellent quality food served efficiently and well presented.
Good location close to town on the DART or bus route but you felt like you were in a country house hotel.
We have stayed at about a dozen hotels in Dublin for business and pleasure and this is up there with the best
I can't wait to return

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank mmm7levels
There are newer reviews for Clontarf Castle Hotel

Reviewed 6 May 2010

I stayed here for ten nights from late March into April. The rooms were very modern and beautiful. The bed was one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in (except for the fact that it was two beds pushed together.) The food was excellent. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They would even call and make dinner reservations for you in local or Dublin restaurants.
Beer and drinks are available 24 hours a day :) All you have to do is go to the front desk to order. Free wifi is also a big plus.
The bus ride into Dublin is 10-15 minutes. It's much faster (by about 15 minutes) to walk down to the main road to catch the bus but if you are tired from a long day you can catch the bus at the end of the hotels driveway. The buses stop running around midnight but cabs back to the hotel were only 10-12 Euros from the Temple Bar area.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone! I can't wait to return!
It's cheaper to book directly through their website & book the advance saver option. It doesn't include breakfast but you can still get the cheaper rate (10 Euro) on breakfast if you book with reception the night before you plan on eating.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
KarynJohnson, Marketing Executive at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2010

Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for such a lovely review of our hotel. We are really glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and are happy that the free Wifi helped. I will pass on your thanks to our concierge who is always happy to help with any queries you may have about the Dublin area. We hope you can some stay with us again soon and closer to the time please do contact me personally and as I would be delighted to take care of your booking personally.

Yours Sincerly
Karyn Johnson.

Reviewed 30 April 2010

Highly recommended!! The hotel is great but the staff is even better with wonderful care and attention tol their guests. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
MlongClontarf, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2010

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Castle. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Yours Sincerely,
Mark Long

Reviewed 25 April 2010

I searched online for many days for the perfect hotel for my first visit to Ireland. I saw the Clontarf Castle Hotel (which was just a tad over my bidget) but after viewing pictures and reading reviews I knew it was where i wanted to stay.
I didn't realize prior to getting to Dublin that the hotel was not right in the main part but a bus ride outside a bit. After learning how to easilly get to and from the hotel (the bus stop was right outside the hotel) I was glad to havce a hotel in a peacful area.
Good things about the hotel: very beautiful inside and out, great help from the staff on directions and fun things to do, good restaraunt on site, and there was a grocery store a few blocks away. Although there wasn't a kitchen or anything in the room you could use the grocery store to purchase snacks and breakfast items. The TV only had a few channels but it was not to bad. There was alos free high speed internet!
Bus rides into town were 1.65Euro or 1.85 Euro depending which bus stop you chose to use. There was also a DART station just a few blocks walk.
Over all i would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in a beautiful hotel close, but not too close, to busy Dublin!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 April 2010

I live in Las Vegas, the high-end hotel capital of the world and one of the largest collections of restaurants found anywhere. I have also been all over the USA and Mexico and stayed in a huge variety of hotel properties in my travels.

Not once have I experienced the commitment to excellence I found at Clontarf Castle. After virtually every exchange with a staff member I found myself saying "Wow." From the front desk to restaurant staff to housekeeping, every encounter was an excersize in exemplary customer service.

The rooms were incredibly comfortable, tastefully appointed, well-equipped and quiet. The food was ridiculously good, meticulously prepared and served by the most knowledgeable and friendly staff I have had the pleasure to dine with. The front desk and concierge staff were warm and welcoming, with a complete understanding of the Dublin area, Ireland itself, and precisely what it would take to make an American tourist feel welcome and cared for.

This was my first real vacation in over 10 years and I cannot imagine a finer, more rewarding experience, due largely to the time I spent on the hotel property itself.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
KarynJohnson, Marketing Executive at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2010

Dear Guest,

What a lovely review and thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience here at Clontarf Castle Hotel. Hopefully your next trip over won't be as far away and we can see you again soon. Please do let us know if you are thinking of coming over again and we would be delighted to take care of you.
Karyn Johnson