4,838 results
All reviews knights bar fahrenheit grill indigo lounge real castle four poster bed modern amenities city centre amazing hotel bus stop dublin airport ireland vijay wedding armour concierge howth euro
Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

I’m a regular visitor to Dublin and frequently stay at the Clontarf Castle. Rooms are clean, pleasant, functional and yet many of them feel historically charming. Room service food is good, the pub downstairs is a great place to watch TV (sports, usually football) with a nice crowd and the in hotel restaurant is remarkable. The buffet breakfast is the BEST!!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank CTPreview
Jason_Ormston, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Dear CTPreview,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Clontarf Castle.

It is wonderful to hear that you have become a regular in the Castle and that you find the rooms to have a historical charming feel as well as clean, pleasant and functional.

I am delighted to hear that all of your dining experience in the Fahrenheit Restaurant was remarkable and that our Artisan Breakfast Buffet was the best. I am so glad that you find the atmosphere in the Knights Bar to be a great place to watch sports.

We hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again and thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 22 November 2017

My wife and I had an amazing stay at Clontarf castle hotel, the room was beautiful and clean, the hotel itself is gorgeous and the staff was incredibly helpful! Very short subway ride to the city center of Dublin, Clontarf is perfectly positioned in a quiet suburb just outside the city center.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank mikesolomon1941

Dear mikesolomon1941,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Clontarf Castle.

I am thrilled that you and your wife had such an amazing time at the Castle and that you thought the Castle was gorgeous. Thank you for your lovely comments about the team at the Castle, I am delighted that they were incredibly helpful. All of the team here at the Castle pride themselves on making guests experiences enjoyable and it is lovely to have that recognized.

Reviewed 22 November 2017

This was a on night stay over on a dreary day. However the hotel has made up for it. The reception is inviting with great decor and fireplace. The private space to wait for taxis or guests are really functional. The reception staff was helpful and proactive. Beautiful and clean rooms with everything that I needed. Needless to say I had a lovely rest. The dinner and breakfast had great options, is good value for money and well prepared.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jason_Ormston, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

Dear leRouxCilliers C,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Clontarf Castle.

I am delighted to hear that the Castle could make up for a dreary Irish day and that we could make your welcome inviting with our fireplace and décor. I am so glad that you found the team at reception to be helpful and proactive.

Thank you for your kind comments about the rooms and your dining experience in the Knights Bar and the Fahrenheit and how you felt it was well prepared and good value for money.

Reviewed 21 November 2017

How often do you get to stay in a thousand year old castle? All right, most of the building is a variety of ages, but you can see that even 200 years ago the family that renovated it was clearly thinking "this is so cool, we're living in a castle" and preserved the ambience and some original stone walls. It's filled with suits of armour, tapestries, and old furniture. The rooms are modern and tasteful.

When we first got there the place was teeming with children and their families on their way out. They had just finished lighting the Christmas lights, which apparently is an annual tradition for the community. The next day the place was swarming with dinner jackets and evening gowns. Apparently a gala for a business group. Most times, locals seemed to outnumber tourists.

The whole effect is that the castle is the heart of a living community, which is happy to share it with you. You can't hear them from upstairs, but if you're expecting a sterile quiet empty lobby like most hotels, this is more like the hustle and bustle of a medieval castle.

The full Irish breakfast was delicious, well worth it, with the same speed and quality of service whether the place is full or empty. The whole thing surprisingly affordable.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank M L

Dear M L,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Clontarf Castle.

It is wonderful to read such lovely comments about your time at the Castle. I am truly delighted that you found your room to be modern and tasteful. It was indeed the end of the annual Lighting Up Ceremony, hopefully next year you will get to experience the event.

I am so glad that you felt the Castle is the heart of the community and even more so that you felt welcomed into the community yourself. Thank you for your kind comments about the Artisan Breakfast Buffet, and how it was delicious and well worth it.

Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

The hotel is a great place to spend a long weekend, as my partner and I did recently.

The imposing and dramatic fascia, especially when lit, really is something to behold and the entrance and reception area, with suits of armour and stone walls, impress.

We arrived at the hotel during a wedding reception and whilst it was nice to have a concierge collect our bags and take them to reception, be photographed arriving (no doubt quickly deleted!) and strolling down a red carpet, it was a squeeze getting past the wedding guests - the reception area, for all its glory, was crowded and I also doubt the wedding party would have been too delighted to have hotel guests in the midst of their big day.

Rooms are of a decent size with a comfy bed, although it wasn't easy to reach and maintain a constant temperature. Further, the bath was very slow to drain.

The Knights Bar was a great place to relax and have a drink and the musicians who performed on the 2 nights we frequented the bar were good and added to the ambience. One gripe though. The service was, at times, very slow and whilst not quite rude, some of the bar staff (they seemed under-staffed) were a little brusque, which is not what one would expect of a hotel of this quality.

The hotel is a 20-25 minute or so bus ride away rom the City (€2.70), 15 in a taxi (€18) and a 25 minute or so taxi ride from the airport (€25).

All in all, though, if you can put up with patchy service, this is a great place to spend a few days

Stayed: November 2017

Dear Lisa C,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Clontarf Castle.

Many thanks for your kind comments about the architecture and décor of the Castle, I am delighted that the Castle lit up was something to behold. It is all I can do but apologise that the temperature in you room was not consistent and I hope it did not affect your stay with us too much.

I am delighted to hear that the Knights Bar was a place in which you could relax and enjoy live music. However I am sorry to hear that you found the service at the bar to be slow and brusque, I can assure you this will be brought to the Bar Managers attention.

Once again, I wish to thank you for taking the time to share your review. Should you ever choose to return to Clontarf Castle Hotel, please reach out to me personally so I can ensure you receive the true high level of service we pride ourselves on delivering.

Jormston@clontarfcastle.ie