US$163
US$139
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$197/night.

US$230
US$176
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$206/night.

US$244
US$271
US$227
US$183
US$168
  • Pool
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$219/night.

US$160
US$152
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$193/night.

Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$114
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$138/night.

Sheldon Park Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$94
US$253
US$184
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$243/night.

Generator Hostel Dublin(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$125
4,556 results
All reviewsknights barfahrenheit grillindigo loungereal castlefour poster bedmodern amenitiescity centreamazing hotelbus stopdublin airportirelandweddingvijayarmourconciergehowtheuro
Reviewed 3 November 2017

I stayed at Clontarf Castle when visiting Dublin on Business and, unfortunately, for only one night as it seems a wonderful hotel. The hotel is set within an old castle and has a lovely peaceful setting. The interior of the hotel seems to have been renovated very recently and there is an excellent and stylish combination of the old charm of the original buildings frontage with modern twist (art work, rich colours of purples and reds etc.).

I arrived late and my check-in was very friendly and efficient. My room on the 2nd floor was very tastefully, elegantly and warmly decorated with a huge flat screen TV, a good size bathroom and large walk-in shower with some high, quality local complementary toiletries. The only down side of the shower was the design with 2 heads and it not being clear which way to turn the tap to make either one work, be-warned as you can get an unexpected spray of luke warm water! The bed was very large and comfortable and the room was quiet, despite the hotel seeming pretty full.
I only had one negative comment and that was that when I got to my room I decided to order a hot meal as room service which was shown as available until 11pm on the room service card. However, I was told that only sandwiches were available and, when I pointed out I was only 2 minutes late, I was told that the hot meals actually ended at 9pm. Firstly, this seems pretty early and secondly if that is the case then the hotel needs to correct the room service cards.

However, the breakfast the next day made up for this as it was absolutely superb with a huge array of cold and hot locally sourced produce. I stay in many hotels on both Business and leisure and rated the overall quality of breakfast and friendly service as being exceptional.

Check Out was again very quick, friendly and efficient although I’m still awaiting my Invoice to be emailed through as I had requested, so will have to chase up.

Overall my stay at Clontarf Castle was all too brief but I really loved the way the hotel had been designed, its overall ambiance, friendliness and comfort. Despite the couple of negative points I described, I will definitely being staying again when I next come back to Dublin and would recommend highly!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
4  Thank Robesi
Jason_Ormston, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Dear Robesi,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Clontarf Castle.

I am thrilled to see that you felt there was an excellent and stylish combination of the old charm of the original buildings with a modern twist of the new. I am also delighted that your check in was friendly and efficient and that your bedroom was elegant and warmly decorated.

It is all I can do but apologise for the confusion caused by the room service cards and can assure you that this matter will be looked into further and has been passed onto the relevant departments. I am glad however to hear that your dining experience in the Artisan Breakfast Buffet made up for this and that you enjoyed the array of locally sourced food that was displayed.

Thank you for your lovely comments about the team, as I know they strive to make everyone’s time at the Castle memorable and to hear that their service was exceptional shows they are doing just that.

Should future travels take you back to Clontarf Castle Hotel, or if you have yet to receive your invoice please reach out to me directly so I can personally tend to your reservation and look after your room allocations.

Once again, thank you for sharing your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel.

jormston@clontarfcastle.ie

Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

Beautiful hotel, booked by a colleague. Can’t fault any of it really, the breakfast was fantastic and catered for all. The decoration is very high quality albeit very historic and regal. But you are staying in a castle! Unfortunately due to staying with work, I didn’t really get chance to take advantage of the whole hotel. But the bedrooms are nice. You get tea, coffee, soaps etc. There is a chargeable minibar, but I didn’t use it. I found the beds to be very comfortable and slept quite well for a change.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Jason_Ormston, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Dear Andrewd4m,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Clontarf Castle.

I am delighted that you found the Castle beautiful and that you enjoyed your stay so much. I am thrilled to hear that you could not fault the hotel in any way and that your dining experience at the Artisan Breakfast Buffet was fantastic.

Thank you so much for your lovely comments about the décor of the Castle, and I am so happy to hear that you were able to get a good night’s sleep due to the beds. We hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 2 November 2017

Highly recommend Clontarf Castle for hosting your wedding. The service is professional, friendly, personal and good value. Nothing was ever a problem and the team were always at hand for anything we wanted. The guests at the wedding all commented on how great the food was with plenty of food and wine for everyone.

Room Tip: Luxurious rooms,great location, amazing food
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Jason_Ormston, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

Dear Manski87,

Many thanks for your lovely review about your recent stay at Clontarf Castle.

Thank you so much for choosing the Castle to be a part of such a special event. I am truly delight that our team provided you with a service that was professional, friendly and personal. I am so glad to hear that the team were always on hand to help you when needed.

Thank you again for your lovely comments and I hope we get to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 1 November 2017

I wanted to stay in one castle on our trip to Ireland and we did.We only spend one night in this hotel but it was lovely. We got the family room there were 5 of us. We all fit but it was tight wit all of us and all the luggage. That said the room was clean and nicely updated. The service at check in, in the pub and at breakfast the next morning was great. The staff was very knowledgable and friendly. They even had a printer (free of charge) to do airport checkin and print out boarding passes.
Really great place to stay in Dublin.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear Inna K,

Many thanks for your lovely review about your recent stay at Clontarf Castle.

Thank you for choosing Clontarf Castle as final destination on your trip around Ireland. I am so glad that your stay with us was lovely and that service form the team throughout the Castle was great, knowledgeable and friendly. I am delighted that the team could help in making your final day in Ireland memorable and enjoyable.

Thank you again for your kind review and I hope we get to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 1 November 2017

We stayed at the Clontarf at the end of our trip because it was close to the airport. It is a pretty cool hotel, easy check in, room was a little small but clean. Nice shower....quiet.
We went downstairs in the pub and struck up some conversations which was nice and met some new people! The pub has excellent food and the wait staff work their bottoms off. I would recommend the hotel while visiting Dublin for sure...

Room Tip: Great for Airport access
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Heidi R,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Clontarf Castle.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time at the Castle and that your check in was easy. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your dining experience at the Knights Bar and that your meal was excellent. Rest assured I will pass on your kind comments onto the Knights Bar team, as I know they will be so happy to hear their hard work was recognised.

We hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon and thank you again for your review.