“Stunning hotel”

Clontarf Castle Hotel
Ranked #3 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

Beautiful hotel, booked by a colleague. Can’t fault any of it really, the breakfast was fantastic and catered for all. The decoration is very high quality albeit very historic and regal. But you are staying in a castle! Unfortunately due to staying with work, I didn’t really get chance to take advantage of the whole hotel. But the bedrooms are nice. You get tea, coffee, soaps etc. There is a chargeable minibar, but I didn’t use it. I found the beds to be very comfortable and slept quite well for a change.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Jason_Ormston, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Dear Andrewd4m,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Clontarf Castle.

I am delighted that you found the Castle beautiful and that you enjoyed your stay so much. I am thrilled to hear that you could not fault the hotel in any way and that your dining experience at the Artisan Breakfast Buffet was fantastic.

Thank you so much for your lovely comments about the décor of the Castle, and I am so happy to hear that you were able to get a good night’s sleep due to the beds. We hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Jason Ormston

Write a ReviewReviews (4,289)

Reviewed 2 November 2017

Highly recommend Clontarf Castle for hosting your wedding. The service is professional, friendly, personal and good value. Nothing was ever a problem and the team were always at hand for anything we wanted. The guests at the wedding all commented on how great the food was with plenty of food and wine for everyone.

Room Tip: Luxurious rooms,great location, amazing food
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Jason_Ormston, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

Dear Manski87,

Many thanks for your lovely review about your recent stay at Clontarf Castle.

Thank you so much for choosing the Castle to be a part of such a special event. I am truly delight that our team provided you with a service that was professional, friendly and personal. I am so glad to hear that the team were always on hand to help you when needed.

Thank you again for your lovely comments and I hope we get to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 1 November 2017

I wanted to stay in one castle on our trip to Ireland and we did.We only spend one night in this hotel but it was lovely. We got the family room there were 5 of us. We all fit but it was tight wit all of us and all the luggage. That said the room was clean and nicely updated. The service at check in, in the pub and at breakfast the next morning was great. The staff was very knowledgable and friendly. They even had a printer (free of charge) to do airport checkin and print out boarding passes.
Really great place to stay in Dublin.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear Inna K,

Many thanks for your lovely review about your recent stay at Clontarf Castle.

Thank you for choosing Clontarf Castle as final destination on your trip around Ireland. I am so glad that your stay with us was lovely and that service form the team throughout the Castle was great, knowledgeable and friendly. I am delighted that the team could help in making your final day in Ireland memorable and enjoyable.

Thank you again for your kind review and I hope we get to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 1 November 2017

We stayed at the Clontarf at the end of our trip because it was close to the airport. It is a pretty cool hotel, easy check in, room was a little small but clean. Nice shower....quiet.
We went downstairs in the pub and struck up some conversations which was nice and met some new people! The pub has excellent food and the wait staff work their bottoms off. I would recommend the hotel while visiting Dublin for sure...

Room Tip: Great for Airport access

Dear Heidi R,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Clontarf Castle.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time at the Castle and that your check in was easy. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your dining experience at the Knights Bar and that your meal was excellent. Rest assured I will pass on your kind comments onto the Knights Bar team, as I know they will be so happy to hear their hard work was recognised.

We hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon and thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 31 October 2017

The hotel was easily accessible to downtown Dublin by bus, as we appreciated the quiet location. We dined at the Castle for dinner, and thoroughly enjoyed our meal(s).
Hotel staff went over and beyond to provide top service--except for the breakfast crew. I could not give a '5' because of the breakfast. Although we paid extra for this meal, we found that the buffet items had been emptied and not refilled, long before the end of the breakfast hour, which we thought disappointing. I asked for a Flat White coffee and was told any such specialty coffees were unavailable. Given the overall quality of everything else in the hotel, the breakfast food and service seemed to stick out in terms of less than pleasant.

1  Thank bathtravel123
Jason_Ormston, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Dear bathtravel123,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Clontarf Castle.

I am delighted that the quiet location of the Castle was to your liking and that you thoroughly enjoyed your meals at the Fahrenheit restaurant. Thank you for your kind comments about the team at the Castle, I am so glad that they went above and beyond to provide you with top service.

It is all I can do but apologise for your experience at the Artisan Breakfast Buffet. I can assure you, your feedback has been shared with the Restaurant Manager and will be investigated.

Should future travels take you back to Clontarf Castle Hotel, please reach out to me directly so I can personally tend to your reservation.

Once again, thank you for sharing your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel.

jormston@clontarfcastle.ie