4,739 results
All reviewsknights barfahrenheit grillindigo loungereal castlefour poster bedmodern amenitiescity centreamazing hotelbus stopdublin airportirelandvijayweddingarmourconciergehowtheuro
Reviewed 14 January 2009

I have to agree with the review below, people are very very fussy if they weren't happy with this beautiful hotel! Stayed in a junior suite Mon 12th Jan. Staff were very friendly with fast check-in. Room was great with a huge 4 poster bed, nice bathroom, mini bar, flat screen tv etc. Room extremely clean and tidy. Ate in Knights Bar for din and Farenheit Grill for breakfast, both meals were lovely with fast, friendly service. We drove into city centre after check-out which took about 20 mins. Perfect for a quiet, relaxing stay yet not too far from city centre, will definitely be back!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sales_Coordinator, Marketing & Internet Executive at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2009

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your review on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to hear that you found the hotel beautiful and the staff friendly.

You are indeed correct that we are in an ideal location. Located just 2 miles from city centre, guests can experience the best of both worlds, with all amenities within close proximity to the hotel, however away from the hustle and bustle of city centre.

Once again, thank you for all of your feedback and on behalf of the team here at Clontarf Castle Hotel, we very much look forward to your return.

Reviewed 8 January 2009

Pros: Beautiful, clean, very comfortable modern room, extremely friendly staff, cool castle decor in lobby, quick easy check-in, check out

Cons: none

We arrived on January 1st and there was no line checking in. The concierge was very helpful and friendly. Later a second concierge went above and beyond to help us get airport info, directions, let me use their internet access, etc. The beds were SO comfortable. In fact, I travel alot and have never come across such a comfortable bed. It gave my pillow-top at home a run for the money. The room was incredibly modern (even had a US electrical outlet) and decorated beautifully. We had a car and it was convenient enough for us from the city centre. Yes, the price was high but it was worth every penny.

Stayed: January 2009
Sales_Coordinator, Marketing & Internet Executive at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2009

Dear Guest,

I'm delighted to hear that your time in Clontarf Castle Hotel was well spent.

I wish to thank you for taking the time out to illustrate online, your thoughts and experiences in our hotel.

You are indeed correct that our beds are very comfortable. We are often complimented on our "pillow top mattresses" that ensure the perfect night's rest!

Once again, many thanks for all of your feedback and on behalf of the team here at Clontarf Castle, we very much look forward to your return in the future.

Reviewed 7 January 2009

We selected Clontarf based on 2 reasons. 1 being it was themed as a Castle and 2 being it was located away from the hustle bustle and noise of the Dublin City Center. The hotel has its own restaurants and bar on-site which are nice features.

The buffet breakfasts were quite costly at 23.00 Euros. We did not see an option to just order separately from a menu. We are not big eaters so we never felt like we got our monies worth. The Knights Bar was a fantastic place to relax after a day of touristy activities. The food was very reasonably priced with a good selection to choose from.

There is a bus stop well within a short walk of the hotel that will take you to the city center for 1.70 Euros (exact change). 1.70 Euros will return you directly to the Clontarf. They have a concierge desk that will assist you in booking the various tours that are offered for Dublin.

Unfortunately we found out that in mid-December, Clontarf is booked almost nightly with Christmas Parties. For the most part the noise is confined to the main floor but we did experiencing the effects of over-indulgence of the guests attending these parties. Friday and Saturday nights were impossible to sleep with drunken guests running up and down the hallways all hours of the night well into sunrise in the morning. We experienced loud parties in the adjacent rooms as well. We felt that management should have done a better job of controlling this noise and would suggest in future December months that management book the Christmas Party guests on one of the lowest floors and the regular guests on an upper floor. We spent 5 nights at Clontarf and can honestly say that Monday night was the only night we got a full night’s sleep as there was no party going on that night. That's really a sad commentary.

Stayed: December 2008

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

I wish to sincerely apologise about your lack of sleep throughout your stay and will certainly circulate your feedback regarding the noise you experienced due to Clontarf Castle Christmas Party Nights.

Should you wish to return to Clontarf Castle in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will do my utmost to ensure that your stay is as comfortable and pleasant as possible.

Reviewed 6 January 2009

Coming home after 48 yrs in the USA, I brought my husband who has never been out of the States. While I was delighted with the Castle, the concierge/staff , and everything else, he was totally blown away..couldn't believe the beautiful rooms and our dining experience. I was so happy that his first impression of my homeland..Ireland,..was such a great experience for him. We have done nothing but talk about our trip and he proudly shows off the pictures we took. Thank you for an absoluely wonderful experience! We will be back in 2010, and will definately stay at the castle again.

Stayed: October 2008

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your lovely review on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted that you decided to visit Clontarf Castle Hotel on your return home after 48 years.I am also happy to hear that we made a fantastic first impression on your husband.

Here at Clontarf Castle we very much appreciate all feedback and are always pleased to hear when a guest has a most memorable experience here at our hotel.

On behalf of the team here at Clontarf Castle we very much look forward to your return in the future.

Reviewed 6 January 2009

Hotel looks great on website - whoever took the pictures did an amazing job...unfortunately when you pull up to the hotel and walk in, the reality is quite different.
Very small rooms - supposed to be modern - cheap and done in poor taste (in my opinion). No closet space and showers very poorly designed.
Front desk staff - not very friendly - Had an issue with the electic outlet in room (tv and power didn't work) and had to call 4 times to get fixed and was compensated two waters from mini bar for the inconvenience which was fixed the following day after another request when the night manager promised to take care of it.
No conciege at desk most of the time I went by with a question or restaurant recommendation etc.
Restaurant outlets closed most of the stay for private events/weddings and the food in the Knights Bar was not good at all...again, waited by staff with zero personality.
Would never go back or recommend hotel to anyone...

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sales_Coordinator, Marketing & Internet Executive at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2009

Dear Guest,

Thank you for all of your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I wish to sincerely apologise for any inconvenience you experienced throughout your trip and very much hope that if given the opportunity in the future, we would be able to regain your confidence in our hotel.

In regards to the website, all pictures taken are indeed of our exterior, lobby, bedrooms and public areas, therefore any photographs viewed on the site are actual bedrooms/areas in our hotel.

We do however appreciate all types of feedback, both good and bad. The general feel from the public on our €10 million refurbishment and bedroom decor has always been of praise and approval which has made the investment very much worthwhile.

Should you wish to re-visit Clontarf Castle Hotel in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly, and I will do my utmost to ensure that your stay is most enjoyable.