“Unexpectedly lovely”

Clontarf Castle Hotel
Ranked #3 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 30 May 2008

This hotel was the last of our tour on CIE- We truly enjoyed our stay. Exceptionally lovely interior to appear medieval. Concierge Staff was very accommodating.
Breakfast was OK and included dinner from tour co. was good however service was a bit slow.
I would have continued my stay here but we had prebooked a hotel in heart of Dublin that was rated 3stars and no where as nice as Castle. except for location

• Stayed: May 2008
1  Thank ronadebra
Write a ReviewReviews (4,289)

Reviewed 28 May 2008

Overall, I loved the place. The old and new were a harmonious mix, which has been lacking in some other castle hotels. The breakfast was absolutely fantastic and more than most could handle. There was everything imaginable and it was high quality. However, unless you have the B&B rate, you would pay 23 euros for it. I enjoyed exploring the hotel and had a good meal when I ordered room service. I would stay here again, though I usually prefer more remote settings. It is a wonderful place to stay when touring Dublin.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Coppergate
Sales_Coordinator, Marketing & Internet Executive at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2008

Dear Guest,

Firstly I would like to thank you for your review on tripadvisor, your review is much appreciated.
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit.

The old and new harmonious mix is due to our €10 million interior renovation. While we have still maintained the original 12th century castle 'feel', we have also incorporated the luxuries of a four star deluxe property.

On bealf of all the team here at Clontarf Castle, we very much look forward to your return.

Kind Regards,
Sales Department

Reviewed 27 May 2008

This was our first night in Ireland our Honeymoon and my husband's birthday. We loved this place the people were amazing the castle was soooooo beautiful the room was spotless and the castle has so many place to photograph from the stone fireplace to the lions out front. The resturant was amazing we had the best steak we have had in the Grill room the staff again were fantastic and helpful when we needed anything.
Please stay here you will not regret it.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank honeymooncouple1
Sales_Coordinator, Marketing & Internet Executive at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2008

Dear Guest,

I am glad you enjoyed your stay here in clontarf Castle Hotel and fould the 'best steak' here in our Fahrenheit Grill Reastraunt. The restaurant specialises in steaks using dry aged Irish Beef.

Many thanks for your review on TripAdivisor. Here in Clontarf Castle we welcome the opportunity for guest feedback and appreciate all of your comments and feedback.
On behalf of all the team here at Clontarf Castle, we very much look forward to your return.

Kind Regards,

sales department.

Reviewed 26 May 2008

we have just returned from a wonderful weekend stay in Dublin, to make the break feel special we decided to book this castle, with excellent reviews and honest opinions it looked too good to be true. We were not dissapointed atall during our stay, the staff were excellent, the hotel was exceptionally clean and welcoming, all the staff were very helpful and informative. We upgraded for the larger room as a treat, the rooms are totally modernised with built in plasma TVs, internet access, trouser press, hairdryer, tea making facilities and a clever telephone system advising the weather conditions. The staff were very helpful with local information including bus information. It cost on average 15 euro to get a taxi into town, we mastered the busses and got the 130 outside the hotel into town for just 1.70 euro each. All the bus drivers were very helpful, we even found our way to the Guinness Factory without getting lost, it really is very simple. We reccommend you see Temple Bar area early evening as later means getting served harder especially when football and rugby on the same day!! I would deffinately reccommend this hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sales_Coordinator, Marketing & Internet Executive at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2008

Dear Guest, ]

I am pleased to hear that your stay in Clontarf Castle Hotel was enjoyable and that you were not dissapointed at all.
The staff do their best to ensure you have a pleasant and enjoyabke stay and aim to exceed your expectations.

Kindest regards,

Sales Department

Reviewed 18 May 2008

The castle is a really cool looking hotel. The inside isn't necessarily any different from a normal hotel except for the couple of tin soldiers in the main lobby. The rooms are very clean, and comfortable. There were only a couple of things that I wasn't happy about; one was that the bed didn't have a sheet in between you and the comforter, it was just the comforter on top of you. The reason why I didn't like this, was because if you get hot during the night you have an option of comforter or nothing at all. Also, I fee more piece of mind knowing there was a sheet because I know they wash the sheets more than the comforters in most hotels. The other thing I wasn't happy about was the shower. While the shower had good pressure, it didn't ever get hot hot. It only got warm hot. Which might not be a big deal to some, but thats just my personnel preference. Overall it was nice.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with friends