4,727 results
All reviewsknights barfahrenheit grillindigo loungereal castlefour poster bedmodern amenitiescity centreamazing hotelbus stopdublin airportirelandvijayweddingarmourconciergehowtheuro
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Stayed in Clontarf castle hotel as part of a deal which included bed and breakfast and a main course and drink in knights bar. Hotel lobby is beautiful but was let down by grumpy and unhelpful receptionist. Went to room which was nice but the carpet was gathered underneath the table and looked very unfinished and untidy. Rang the bar and asked if we needed to book a table for dinner and they assured us no. When we arrived down there was a long wait and we ended up having to share a table with another person. There was only one waitress on our side of the bar dealing with many tables on a busy Friday night which was crazy as we were waiting so long to order and get our plates taken away after. Was very frustrating waiting so long despite there being numerous bar staff behind the bar looking at each other! Breakfast the next day was lovely and redeemed Clontarf castle. Would be an absolutely lovely hotel if service was better and the rooms were finished to a higher standard as the setting is idyllic!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank user2012_12
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Stayed for one night in the Clontarf Castle in February--amazing!!! It was the last night of a short trip, but had we known how beautiful it was we would have rearranged our itinerary to spend more time there! Suits of armor greeting you? Tapestries? The original castle tower from the middle ages towering above you? Incredible! We were met by a wonderful host--"Eric"-who gave us a history of the castle, tips on getting into Dublin proper, and generally making us feel welcomed. The one "con" was its distance, from both the closest DART station and from the Temple Bar/Trinity College area. Since we were there for only one night we felt like we lost some valuable time commuting, but that was our doing and not the hotel's. Great room--we were upgraded to a large room on the top floor with a skylight--and the lobby was one of the most appealing I have ever been in. We would definitely return--but for a longer stay!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
MlongClontarf, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I am so glad you had such a great stay with us and were so impressed with everything especially the décor of the hotel. As you mention we are located just outside of the city, about 10 minutes drive. We do have a DART station near us and the hotel is also regularly serviced by the 130 bus which can get you into the city in about 15 minutes. I am delighted you had such a terrific stay and I do hope I get a chance to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

I stayed in one of the refurbished rooms which are a great improvement.

Breakfast is a good spread of full Irish and continental.

The bar and the bar food are both good.

The staff can appear to be distant but are helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 March 2012

I booked this hotel after some research with the intention of making a marriage proposal on new years eve and with the help of the concierge Ankhar was able to produce the perfect scene for the proposal which happened on the stroke of midnight and we still managed to make the knights bar for the piper, an excellent hotel well worthy of it's 4 star status, we intend to return for our first wedding anniversary

Room Tip: We had an upper floor room and on new years day we woke to choir like music which proved most uplifting after the hectic nature of new years eve celebrations around the hotel coupled with the proposal at midnight
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KevinP1314
MlongClontarf, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the wonderful review. I was delighted to hear about your special proposal in our hotel and I am so glad our dedicated concierge & staff could assist you with everything. I am so glad you had such a great stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back again for your anniversary.

Reviewed 1 March 2012

My wife and I stayed here for just one night in January and had a great night. The hotel is half modern hotel half old castle and looks great inside and out.
Service was great and the room was nice. Breakfast was good, in a nice room in the castle part.
We'd stay again no problem.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank andyIreland

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for the lovely review. I am so glad you had such a nice stay with us and I was delighted to hear how impressed you were with the service, your room and the food. I hope you had a great stay in Dublin and It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again soon.