2,978 results
All reviews o'connell street cassidy hotel great location temple bar tour buses lovely hotel buffet style short break would stay again we arrived early the heart of the city central location hop on hop off bus three nights within easy walking distance comfy bed would highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 13 October 2015

I was slightly apprehensive when booking Cassidy's as it is rated as 3 stars, however I was pleasantly surprised. The lady that checked us in was extremely helpful and even offered to change our room the next day if we found it too small. However our room was probably one of the biggest that we have stayed in in Dublin and we found it spacious and comfortable. The location is excellent and it is within walking distance of all the major landmarks unlike many other hotels in Dublin. Breakfast was ok, it was reasonably priced but the selection wasnt great . I would definitely stay in Cassidy's again and felt that it was just as good as many 4 star hotels.

Date of stay: September 2015
2  Thank buatais
Reviewed 13 October 2015

Good value foe money, very nice staff and extremely helpful , the smell of cleaning was a bit to much - change smell.
the rooms were good, very good bed, small shower but overall was nice and cheap.
o.k breakfast. you can do better

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Amoma.com
1  Thank 464dord
Reviewed 12 October 2015

Having stayed here for four nights during our stay in Dublin, we are very happy we chose precisely this hotel. It is not top of the line, but rooms are good and they are fair sized. It is centrally located. I usually never go to a hotel bar, but this hotel has the right atmosphere and intimacy that make you feel welcome. The breakfast was good, and they offered a full Irish breakfast in addition to the standard continental breakfast. Since my wife and my son depend on a gluten free diet, we expressed our needs in this respect. They had no problems in providing gluten free breads and gluten free alternatives. The staff was also very friendly and had a fair degree of knowledge which they more than happy shared with us tourists. I can surely recommend this hotel. If I were to pick on something on the downside, it must be that we could hear our neighbours if the talked loud (and which they sometimes did).

1  Thank Vidar J
Reviewed 8 October 2015

I am going to start this by telling you that you need to be careful in choosing your room type and don't have the highest of expectations.
I booked a double room for 3 nights. When I got to the hotel, after an efficient check-in, I was directed to a room on the fourth floor. When I got in, the room was the size of a matchbox (nothing to do with what you see in pictures) and it smelled really bad. If it wasn't for the smell, we probably wouldn't have said anything...but the smell was impossible.
We got to the reception and there was no problem in changing the room. I have appreciated the staffs politeness and willingness to help.
So...new room, third floor this time. The room was bigger (a triple room) and somewhat nicer and it didn't smell...but cleanliness was definitely not a strong point (see pictures enclosed)...The room was not clean...dust, dirty towels, a bathroom that seemed to be decomposing and the main vent right next to a window which did not close properly.
We went back to the reception and this time the manager came and politely changed the room again. This time, the room was gorgeous. Clean, nicely furbished, double windows...it was truly nice.
I don't know what to say about what type of room this last one was..the manager said that it was superior but if you go on the hotel website, the executive room (the only other type than the classic one) has a lot of facilities which did not exist in our room (doorbell, electronic do not disturb facility, power hair dryer, 3 direct dial telephones, rooftop smoking terrace)....I have to presume that it was actually a classic room but one of the newer ones...or maybe there is an additional category...who knows..
I wrote all this because you need to understand that it is a bit of a gamble, as you can't know what room you'll get.
The staff was polite, friendly and helpful at all times and that was a major plus. The only complaint here would be that at 9 am the cleaning lady simply barged in the room while we were sleeping...that was a bit of a scare. Other than that all good.
If you need European plug adapters, they don't have many to borrow, but you can buy one on the spot.
Now for the restaurant. We read in the reception area that it was an award winning restaurant so of course we wanted to try it. The restaurant looked nice but I think it is right next to the kitchen as your clothes will smell when you leave as the menu from that day....based on the three days passing by it, usually that meant among other stuff fish.
The menu is small and usually that is a good sign. However, I got a burger and it was honestly one of the most unimpressive burgers I have ever eaten. Good service but truly average food. The prices were also average so at least you can't complain of getting overpriced food.
The full Irish breakfasts is average.
In conclusion, lovely staff, very different rooms included in the same category and at best an average restaurant.

Room tip: I do not recommend classic rooms on the 4th floor they seem to be smaller.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ioana_Purcarea
Reviewed 8 October 2015

We have just had a five day stay at the Cassidy Hotel in Dublin and what an awesome experience it was! Firstly, the position is amazing as you are so close to all the best sights and bus services. Secondly and most importantly, were the friendly/helpful/professional Staff. They were so efficient in every way possible and always ready with a friendly smile. Thirdly, the food was good. Would definitely stay there again.