3,177 results
All reviews connolly station premier room train noise train line o'connell street city centre breakfast room temple bar lovely hotel hotel restaurant booked this hotel family room we arrived early croke park full irish breakfast yogurt northstar
Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

I was surprised for my 21st birthday with this hotel. I was very impressed with the welcome we received. Lovely staff, very friendly and always said hello to you. The room (we were upgraded to the Oscar Wilde suite) we couldn’t fault it. They went to the effort to provide the best possible birthday, with a card, mini chocolates and prosecco all on request. The room was clean, tidy, spacious with the breakfast having a good choice to eat. I’d definitely recommend this hotel and look forward to returning soon n the nearby future.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Peter B, General Manager at North Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2018

Dear LaurenJordan15,

Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor following your recent birthday celebrations here at the North Star Hotel.

Fastastic to read that we beat your expectations with the lovely Oscar Wilde suite (we have 5 more!), great breakfast and of course our great friendly team.

Again happy birthday and maybe we'll see you for your 22nd?

Kind regards

Reviewed 24 January 2018

I don't leave reviews, I take the rough with the smooth, but this place annoyed me by charging me like a Four Star business hotel like The Spencer, but delivering like a budget hotel that's just had a refit.

Charged on arrival - always a bad sign.

Windows don't keep the noise of drunks and bin men out, keeping you awake into the night and waking you early, which kind of negated the problem of the building work starting at 07:30am. . .

I reported the building work the first morning, but again this morning it was there, so the really nice people at reception are at best ineffectual.

Rooms are nice, but if you are in "The Address" you'll have to have two key cards as you can't get to the Level 0 breakfast room, plus two sets of wi-fi credentials.

The people getting special treatment in the "Club Room" assigned to residents at The Address all looked depressed by the little room on the 7th with a measly selection of meats and cheeses, fruit and cereals, I'd assert we all felt like we'd been duped.

On the two mornings I visited it, I heard guests complaining - This is below the level of quality that business travelers expect.

We are away from our families, a little love and attention would have been nice.

And you'll have to take the right lift or you cant get to Level 0.

It's like they have two establishments but were too tight to separate it properly, which would have improved the experience immeasurably.

They have tried hard, but the look is not underpinned by quality - each thing is a cheap version of it and many things feel flimsy.

The staff, though unfailingly polite, are too pushed with things to do to pay the attention that 233 Euro a night warrants.

People say about places "I wouldn't stay there if you paid me", but in this case, I actually wouldn't.

Room tip: Don't pay up front
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank RubMyHeadAndPatMyTum

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review of the North Star and The Address on Trip advisor following your recent stay.

Please accept my sincere apologies for failing to live up to your expectations particularly due to early morning noise that you experienced and the breakfast offering in our corporate lounge.

Your comments on all aspects of your experience are most constructive and we have strived to improve the overall journey and I am confident that should you stay again that you will find all to you complete satisfaction.

In the meantime we continue to make improvements by continually investing in our hotel.

Finally I was delighted to read that you found that all team members were polite and friendly.

Thank you again for your comments and I hope to welcome you back to the North Star

Kind regards

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

My fiancé booked our trip to Dublin for us as a little get away before our baby is born, and being my birthday soon, he asked, when booking, if they could make it extra special. So when we arrived in our room, I was greeted by a beautiful bunch of flowers and some chocolates. What a wonderful surprise!! The staff where so accommodating and made us feel so welcome. Bed was super comfy and lots of pillows, as being pregnant it's helpful having extra to sleep with.
The location is great, 5/10 min walk to centre and 3/5 minutes to a main bus station so was easy to get to and from airport. Would definitely recommend this hotel.
Thank you North Star for a lovely stay. You made our trip extra special.

1  Thank Katie_000000
Reviewed 17 January 2018

I stayed there for 2 nights in December. Great location right next to the train and bus stations. Also the airport bus stops right around the corner so very convenient to get there from the airport.
I found the hotel personnel very polite, friendly and helpful, especially the staff at the reception. I was offered a complimentary access to the 7th floor lounge area, which was a nice bonus: quiet and comfortable area to work or just relax.
My room was on the sixth floor, spacious, clean and comfortable. No noise from the outside.
I would definitely stay there again.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

Hotel is 15 min walk to temple bar. Great location. Rooms nice. Bed very comfy. Hotel is lovely inside. Staff very friendly and accommodating. Service excellent. Will definitely stay here again. Thanks