“small homely hotel”

Uppercross House Hotel
Ranked #79 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 15 November 2016

Stayed here for one night while working in Dublin. The room was small but it was spotless and had everything i needed. Double bed was super comfortable. I was a bit worried when i saw there was a bar- but I didn't hear a thing from the bar when I was in bed. I did hear some slight noise from rooms above me when people moving around but not enough to disturb sleep. My room was a bit warm and i couldn't open the window as i was on ground floor- but when I turned of radiator the issue resolved itself. breakfast was good. To be honest- it was really great value compared with general hotel prices, staff were extremely friendly and helpful, there is free parking and its a comfortable and clean spot. I will definitely stay here again

Room Tip: maybe look for room on first floor.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Uppercross, General Manager at Uppercross House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2016

Hi juliet m

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your stay. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Wishing you a very merry Christmas!

Kind regards

Ann Marie

There are newer reviews for Uppercross House Hotel

Reviewed 9 November 2016

This is an OK hotel in Rathmines. It is a little dated and my room was small and cramped. However the staff were friendly and the service was good. Free parking behind the hotel is a bonus in this busy suburb, but the car park is dark and you need to be careful walking to the rear of the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Brendan O
Uppercross, General Manager at Uppercross House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2016

Hi Brendan

Thank you for your review following your stay. I am sorry to hear that the decor was not to your taste. The hotel is a Georgian building and rooms are continually renovated to keep them up to standard.

The carpark is indeed an outside parking lot and would not be as bright as an indoor lot perhaps but we do have external lighting. I'm not sure what you meant by needing to be careful walking to the rear of the hotel. I can tell you that the building, inside and out, is a safe one. Should you like to provide more feedback, please contact us at anytime.

Kind regards,

Hotel Management

Reviewed 6 November 2016

I've visited Dublin many times and after discovering the Uppercross, I always stay there. It exceeds any other hotel I've been in anywhere for its warm, friendly staff and atmosphere. The decor is lovely and from the minute you walk in the door, it feels more like a home than a hotel.There are many thoughtful touches, like the 2 computers in the lobby, a big help in printing boarding passes and for looking up whatever comes to mind. The rooms are very comfortable and quiet, and the staff go out of their way to help with anything. You never have the feeling you're just being processed, as in most hotels. The breakfast is plenty filling to start your day and there's a good variety for other meals. At night especially, the restaurant and hotel have a wonderfully intimate atmosphere The location is another big plus, within steps of the post office, bank, pharmacies, supermarket and many other shops, yet still having the feel of a neighborhood. Bus service is also at your feet when you stay at the Uppercross. The buses run like clockwork, getting you to the city center in about 15 minutes, and some directly to interesting historical sites beyond, Walking through the pretty neighborhoods to the city center is an enjoyable option too. I can't recommend the Uppercross enough..

Room Tip: Generally all quiet
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 November 2016

Would just like to stay a huge thank you to the staff in the Uppercross Hotel for being more than accommodating during my stay.
Lovely, friendly hotel with a great atmosphere, and a big Thank you for the lovely lady on reception for the extra 50 cents!!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 October 2016

In Ireland for a conference, unfortunately we booked a little late so had limited options. Stayed here for 4 nights with a group of friends.

Rooms: Comfortable, with all amenities including a locker (thank you for that). The floors are heated, so probably a good place to stay for a winter booking.
Staff: Very helpful, we had a few specific requests and they were all taken care of. We left very early on the last day and they even took care of an early breakfast for us at no added cost. Really appreciate the efforts.
Food: A good breakfast spread was included in the room rate. Taste was just OK but I would give them the benefit of the doubt and blame my palate and not the cooking.
Location: Is OK, a bit far from city center (approx 30 min walk) but good connectivity via various buses (14, 15, 140) and we never had a problem with transport.
Value for money: The rooms were a bit above average cost for a hotel at this location, but I think the service makes up for it and I would stay again if I came back.

Some added facilities we didn't use: The hotel also has available free parking and an attached bar.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business