“Staff are the stars”

Uppercross House Hotel
Ranked #78 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 22 October 2016

Hotel was clean, quiet and comfortable. Reasonably priced and in a busy, pretty area. The real stars in the hotel are the staff - they were all friendly, welcoming and helpful. Would definitely recommend this budget hotel

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Uppercross, General Manager at Uppercross House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2016

Hi Judith

Many thanks for taking the time to review the hotel following your stay. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff were welcoming and friendly :) They will be very happy to hear your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Kind regards

Hotel Management

Reviewed 15 October 2016

This is the typical 3* slightly off-centre B&B or small hotel. For 87 euro I got a quiet double room, single occupancy, with a good night's sleep, typical Irish Breakfast, car parking. Good bus connections, 10 min walk to Luas line.
It's three houses put together, so a bit of a warren but not a problem.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

Having stayed at Uppercross House Hotel in the past on many occassions, choose it again for its convenience to a Dental Clinic I had to attend for some oral surgery and the fact I could park in their free car park for my two night stay.
As ever, from Reception to Restaurant Waiting staff, to Room Service and Night Porter, every person I encountered was courteous, friendly, helpful and smiling....lovely atmosphere, and nothing too much trouble when I arrived back to recuperate from my dental procedure.
Such kindness, suggestions as to what I might be able to eat given chewing was "off the agenda"...something nutritious..all which was prepared specially by Chef and brought to my room by room service.
Hotel is quaint and unique being a series of Dublin's finest Georgian Houses with modern extensions out the back...Lovely big room with wonderfully comfortable double bed and crisp white linen, room had coffee/tea making facilities, safe, flat screen TV, perfect free WiFi, stocked bathroom, great shower, comp bottled drinking water....and spotlessly clean.
Breakfast is extensive with all options, cereals, fruit, juices, breads etc., and your cooked breakfast, should you so wish for a "Full Irish" is prepared in kitchen as ordered, and served freshly cooked to your table and Service, 2nd to none...by day two unfortunately I was on juice, scrambled egg and coffee only!!! Asked if I could take coffee pot out onto roof/patio on reception level, to take some air and watch the bustle of an awakening Rathmines, noooo problem but "you go and choose your table and we shall bring it out to you" at 8am and up to her eyes, I got no sense of being a nuisance to this very kind waitress, though I know what I would have been thinking if I was in her shoes!! Ladies and Gents all!!
For the visitor wishing to explore, Rathmines is a very manageable and pleasant walk to the City for those so inclined, there is a bus service stopping across the road and also a 24hr TaxiRank and the LUAS, Dublin's Rapid Rail system will have you in city centre within a few minutes and only a couple of hundred yards to the Rail Station on a road behind the hotel...of course all those driving have FREE parking on site, a real plus in a city location and one I was delighted to avail of.
Didn't get to enjoy dinner here this time but I know from past experience the food is great and the evening restaurant attached to Mother Reillys bar, has a great buzz about it...some nights they have music also.
Uppercross for comfort, convenience cousine and cordiality, you can't but be impressed...Il he back again for sure!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Uppercross, Owner at Uppercross House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2016

Thanks a million for taking time to give our hotel your review on you stay with us. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 8 October 2016

I booked a single room, which was compact. The room was average, but clean. Not much room to move around in. My room looked down on a courtyard used by the adjoining bar used. It was noisy and I had to shut window. Breakfast in the morning was the highlight. It was very tastey, served to your table and had plenty in it. Rathmines is readily accessible to town centre by bus or taxi.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 8, which overlooks courtyard that is noisy.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Matt O
Reviewed 29 September 2016

Stayed here for 4 nights on business in Sept of this year. I asked for a quiet room (single), and believe I may have been given the best of the quiet rooms, as I never heard a noise all night.

The rooms are very clean, and even the single room had a large bed. Great big flat screen TV, plenty of space for typing if needed, and loads of hot water.

Breakfast came as standard with my booking, and it almost felt like an "all you can eat challenge" - seriously massive. I had a full irish most days, and they come with 2 huge sausages, 6 triangles of toast, mushrooms, tomato, bacon and choice of fried, poached or scrambled (properly scrambled!) eggs. You can also add Hash browns, black or white pudding as well, to make for a truly massive feast. Served with a nice big pot of coffee.There is also a selection of breads, cereals, fruit, yogurts and juices there for the taking, as well as the daily papers. I'd advise getting down early for the breakfast though, as seating is at a bit of a premium.

I have another 4 night stay coming up, and i'm hoping to get the same room again. The reception staff are really friendly, and couldn't do enough to help me while there.

I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are better, as there is a pub attached to the hotel at the front
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business