All reviews city centre taxi rank bus service cooked breakfast rooms are comfortable beer garden the breakfast area small hotel free wifi stayed nights bus stop lovely hotel breakfast was included room was large full irish breakfast would highly recommend this hotel yogurt
Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

Stayed here 6/08/16 with a friend for a Chillax shopping/dinning trip. I cannot think of anything negative to say. This hotel ticked all the boxes. Great spot. Convenient. Spotlessly clean. Relaxed. Comfortable. Loved it. Will definitely be back

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Uppercross, Receptionist at Uppercross House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2016

Hello,

Thank you for your kind review.

We are happy you had such an enjoyable time at our hotel, and took advantage of all the great amenities Rathmines has to offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

Good hotel lots going on in Rathmines buses to city very regular the breakfast was amazing didn't eat again till evening meal !!! Rooms were comfortable and bed had great mattress we stayed in a really quiet wing on hotel no road noise would like to mention when they say they have a hair dryer they mean they have a machine fastened to the wall which blows air it has no nozzle and you can't see a mirror also if you have long hair like me the end gets so hot you have to hold it with a towel wrapped round it my advise would be to take your own. Would definitely come here again .... With a hair dryer

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review.

We are glad you found your stay satisfactory.

In regards to the hair dryers, we apologize they were not up to standard, especially for your long hair. We do carry regular hair dryers, and when available, we will gladly lend one out to you should you choose to stay with us again.

Thank you, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

The hotel is about a 40min walk to Dublin centre. The staff are friendly, the breakfasts are good. The rooms are clean & have what you need in them, it's a great place to get your head down for the night. The bar underneath the hotel was welcoming and serves great food although being in the hotel it was a little noisy at night, if you're a light sleeper or wanting peace, this may not be the ideal place, that's not saying it was particularly roudy or rough, just general pub noise! There's a lot of stairs too!
Tesco is right opposite, as is a taxi rank. Starbucks and mcdonalds is a short walk down the road. A taxi from the airport cost €38 & a taxi back from the city centre €12. On the whole, an ok, clean and friendly base for a trip.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank mountainwanderers

Thank you for your review.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay.

In regards to the noise, we might suggest that you request a room in the quieter side of our hotel as we do have rooms away from the bar area.

Thank you, and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 6 August 2016

I stayed in this hotel on a 2 night visit to Dublin and was delighted with the hotel. I arrived at noon and was given access to the room immediately. The room spacious and clean. The room had a safe and tea making facilities and had free wifi. Breakfast was included in the price and was delicious. These was juices, cereals, yoghurt and fruit and the hot food was served by the waiter. Staff were very accommodating and allowed me to use the computer in the foyer to print out tickets to various attractions free of charge. Parking was free and the car park was quite large. The bus stop to the city centre was just around the corner from the hotel and a luas stop was less than 10 minutes walk away. The hotel was opposite a large Tesco supermarket and there were many pubs closeby. Overall I would highly recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank IrelandIrisheyes
Reviewed 2 August 2016

Okay so I have a dog. It's really hard to find a place to stay in Ireland with a dog so from the limited choice I picked Uppercross House Hotel and I was prepared to be underwhelmed. In fact my spouse and I and Charlie the dog were all delighted with Uppercross House. The staff were friendly and engaging; the room was clean and comfortable, the breakfast was plentiful and prompt. Charlie is quite old and needs to get out to pee during the night. My spouse dutifully arose at 3.30 am to take him out for a stroll round Rathmines. The night porter was Awake! and on top of that he was friendly and helpful and my spouse reported that his stroll around the area was peaceful and unhindered.

There's a bar (and restaurant) at the hotel and despite being full of revellers no telltale sounds reached our sleeping ears, no banging doors or loud voices at all.

The only one downside, but it's a very personal thing I believe, was that the sheets and bedlinen were overly perfumed with some "Lenor"-type product that had me practically wheezing. When we were assigned the room we were told that it was the last available room and that it was unfortunately a "smoking" room, so perhaps that's why the overperfuming. Who knows. I'll definitely be back though and I'll let you know how it goes!!

Room tip: Not great for wheelchair users; even staying on ground floor its a flight of stairs to breakfast.
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fiona W

Thank you for your review.

We are always glad to accommodate our guests pets.

In regards to the perfuming of the room, we do spray air freshener in the room to avoid the smoke smell when the guests are not smokers. The spray may have landed onto the sheets. Our apologies.

We look forward to having you back again.