“I Loved my stay at the Uppercross!”

Uppercross House Hotel
Ranked #78 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 10 April 2016

First, after an overnight flight, the good people at the Uppercross were able to check me in early so I could shower, nap and not drag bags around town for the morning. Then I had a lovely steak dinner, and spent a wonderful evening in Ma Reilleys listening to the weekly local jam session of trad Irish music.
In short, the rooms are clean, well appointed, well maintained, and quite comfortable. The hotel is beautiful and interesting. There are several public lounge rooms, and I kept finding unexpected design features leading to other parts of the hotel. The food, which can be obtained via room service, in the bar, or in the restaurant, is quite good. The bar? It's a lot bigger than it looks from the street, with several rooms and seating areas, including for those who are interested a heated, covered, semi outdoor smoking area. Fun things going on on different nights of the week - it's usually fairly crowded, but in a comfortable way. I met interesting people from all over Europe, and made some new friends.
Honestly, I could go to Dublin and just stay here, but I don't have to, because of it's location in Rathmines. A taxi stand is right across the street (at the Tesco supermarket), and buses run right out front, going straight to City Center.The LUAS train line is a few blocks away. You can walk to City Center if you prefer, like I did several times. There are bakeries, restaurants, pubs, book stores, churches, banks, coffee shops, everything in walking distance.
I loved my stay at the Uppercross, and will certainly stay again given the chance!

Reviewed 8 April 2016

I had hurt my back so had to order room service, missing out on the delights on Dublin. I ordered periperi prawns and a chicken caesar salad both of which were delicious. The room itself was down a long corridor without a view, and a bit dark. It was clean but uninteresting. Not a room (number 118) you'd want to spend a lot of time in.

Breakfast was good without being spectacular.

The cab rank outside the hotel is definitely a bonus, although you'd be crazy not to sign up to Hailo (Dublin's Uber) which is invaluable.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms above ground floor
Reviewed 8 April 2016

We have been in Dublin the past few nights to celebrate our daughter's graduation from Trinity College. Luckily we booked at the Uppercross hotel in Rathmines, Dublin 6 near her apartment and have had a wonderful time. The room is very comfortable with a warm welcome and wonderful breakfast every morning. Best of all is Mother Reillys which is next door ( however reachable through the hotel as well which is nice !)
This may be the best pub in the whole world ( we've been in a few on both sides of the Atlantic for many many years. Great people, lots to do with a different fun time every night ( open mike, trivia)
You immediately feel like a local - what a great time!!!!

Room Tip: our friends room (19) was closer to the lobby and the pub and a bit more traffic. Our room was 312...
Reviewed 31 March 2016

From the moment I arrived I felt welcome. I really felt as if I had stepped into four star quality. The house is beautiful. I wish I had been on a more relaxed and extended trip so that I could fully enjoy all it had to offer - or even to explore every nook and cranny of a wonderfully idiosyncratic and characteristic building. Far nicer than a identikit franchise hotel.

Most praise goes to the bar/restaurant. They served excellent food, though on one night I was feeling ill from riding too many Dublin buses and failed to fully appreciate it. I hope the chef didn't think it was a slight on his work. It most certainly was not. I was spending time with a friend who was staying in the city centre, but we retreated from the city every night to the preferred atmosphere of the hotel facilities. Lively but never raucous, fun and friendly, we both felt at home there.

Will definitely book again next time I am in Dublin.

Room Tip: Book early. This is a popular place to stay!
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Uppercross, General Manager at Uppercross House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2016

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Uppercross hotel following your stay. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Ann Marie Brannigan

Reviewed 24 March 2016

Great hotel, homely, warm and comfortable, the rooms are tidy and the bathrooms clean, this hotel only has around 50 rooms which makes it an ideal place for families to stay. The staff are really great. Breakfast is wholesome and plentiful.

Stayed: February 2016

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your stay. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Kind regards,