All reviews city centre taxi rank bus service cooked breakfast rooms are comfortable beer garden the breakfast area small hotel free wifi stayed nights bus stop lovely hotel breakfast was included room was large full irish breakfast would highly recommend this hotel yogurt
Reviewed 8 April 2016

I had hurt my back so had to order room service, missing out on the delights on Dublin. I ordered periperi prawns and a chicken caesar salad both of which were delicious. The room itself was down a long corridor without a view, and a bit dark. It was clean but uninteresting. Not a room (number 118) you'd want to spend a lot of time in.

Breakfast was good without being spectacular.

The cab rank outside the hotel is definitely a bonus, although you'd be crazy not to sign up to Hailo (Dublin's Uber) which is invaluable.

Room tip: Ask for rooms above ground floor
Date of stay: April 2016
Reviewed 8 April 2016

We have been in Dublin the past few nights to celebrate our daughter's graduation from Trinity College. Luckily we booked at the Uppercross hotel in Rathmines, Dublin 6 near her apartment and have had a wonderful time. The room is very comfortable with a warm welcome and wonderful breakfast every morning. Best of all is Mother Reillys which is next door ( however reachable through the hotel as well which is nice !)
This may be the best pub in the whole world ( we've been in a few on both sides of the Atlantic for many many years. Great people, lots to do with a different fun time every night ( open mike, trivia)
You immediately feel like a local - what a great time!!!!

Room tip: our friends room (19) was closer to the lobby and the pub and a bit more traffic. Our room was 312 which was farther away and quieter.
Date of stay: April 2016
Reviewed 31 March 2016

From the moment I arrived I felt welcome. I really felt as if I had stepped into four star quality. The house is beautiful. I wish I had been on a more relaxed and extended trip so that I could fully enjoy all it had to offer - or even to explore every nook and cranny of a wonderfully idiosyncratic and characteristic building. Far nicer than a identikit franchise hotel.

Most praise goes to the bar/restaurant. They served excellent food, though on one night I was feeling ill from riding too many Dublin buses and failed to fully appreciate it. I hope the chef didn't think it was a slight on his work. It most certainly was not. I was spending time with a friend who was staying in the city centre, but we retreated from the city every night to the preferred atmosphere of the hotel facilities. Lively but never raucous, fun and friendly, we both felt at home there.

Will definitely book again next time I am in Dublin.

Room tip: Book early. This is a popular place to stay!
Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Uppercross, General Manager at Uppercross House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2016

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Uppercross hotel following your stay. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 24 March 2016

Great hotel, homely, warm and comfortable, the rooms are tidy and the bathrooms clean, this hotel only has around 50 rooms which makes it an ideal place for families to stay. The staff are really great. Breakfast is wholesome and plentiful.

Date of stay: February 2016

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your stay. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 24 March 2016

Check-in was very easy, friendly and efficient. We had two small dogs with us but no problem nor extra 'cleaning'charges'. We were just asked to keep the dogs off the beds which is fine. We had room 118 in the newer block towards the rear of the hotel with easy access to the car park. There is a piece of waste ground just to one side of the car park good for early morning dog routine. Breakfast was included and the full Irish was very good. We were told it was OK to leave the dogs in the room while we ate but we decided to put them back in the familiar surroundings of the car.
We were only there one night but enjoyed our stay and certainly recommend the hotel

Room tip: Towards the rear is probably best
Date of stay: March 2016

Good afternoon Crislin3,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your stay. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you and your pet again in the near future.