“Best view in Ireland!!”

Tara Towers Hotel
Ranked #124 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
“Best view in Ireland!!”
Reviewed 21 November 2011

If you ask for a front facing room, you get a fantastic view over Dublin Bay.
3Stars, good bar, good staff good breakfast.
Paul D. very helpful and full of info.
Free parking

Room Tip: As I have said already; front room
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KWMCA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Virginia, Cavan, Ireland
Reviewed 21 November 2011

I stay in the Tara Towers on a regular basis because of it's price and also it's proximity to UCD. Having stayed there 3 times thus far I was basically happy to stay there, my most recent experience however was very unpleasant. The receptionist was rude and incredibly ignorant on my arrival. I was given what must have been the worlds most foul smelling room. The room smelled of decomp, I searched for a while but couldn't find where it was coming from, I checked bins, the toilet under the bed etc. Eventually I just opened the window and went out for dinner to air the room. On my return the room stank as bad, so I sprayed some body spray and settled down for the night. That night, Wednesday 16th of November was the noisiest and most disturbed night I have ever spent in any hotel. I was on the 1st floor which was very noisy and foul smelling. But at 1am my room phone rang me from my sleep, when I answered another receptionist told me my friend was in the lobby, I was staying alone, he then asked the gentleman what room are you in. On finding out it was a different room the receptionist apologised to me. I would have expected him to have ascertained the room number before indiscriminately ringing rooms at 1am, I could hear from my end of the phone call how intoxicated the other guest was... I would even know not to ring the first room number he had given. I woke at 3am with intense waves of nausea which, as I don't drink can only attribute to a visceral reaction to the smell in my room. I was never so glad to be leaving any hotel as I was the following morning. Having stayed there previously (Not on the first floor) I have felt it a comfortable, affordable hotel, it is a pity these (hopefully) isolated experiences could potentially ruin a travellers experience.

Room Tip: Not on the first floor!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Dublin hotels

ireland
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Convenient for the hospital rooms are in need of a refurbishment though,curtains in our room were very dirty just stayed for one night,

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 November 2011

I stayed here for two nights and the felt that it was dirty and needed a complete refit, the bathroooms were really old and had black all in the grout. The breakfast was really poor and they ran out of croissants at 9.30am and wouldn't put any more out even though they served for another hour! The staff in the restaurant/bar were really great though!! This is a great location and I stopped at it 9 years ago and the standards were much higher. I real shame as it is really situated well! The rooms were really hot and we couldnt sleep with the window open because the noise of the traffic.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I stayed here for 1 night on the 1st October with 2 friends for a birthday weekend in Dublin. We chose it for it's location, just outside the city but with a bus stop directly outside the hotel and a DART stop about a 5 minute brisk walk and a 10 minute journey into the city centre.

The hotel itself was more than satisfactory. The exterior was somewhat drab and could do with a fresh coat of paint however the interior was clean, tidy and functional. All staff that we encountered were more than helpful, providing us with maps and directions to various tourist attractions and offering to book us alternative transport when we were going out later in the evening.

Our hotel room was bright and comfortable. Tea and coffee was supplied in the room. We did have to ask for more milk and tea bags as the amount provided wasn't enough for 3 people however they readily and happily provided this for us. The linen was spotless, extra pillows were provided in the wardrobe if required and the beds were comfortable. The curtains were well lined and thick, blocking out all light. The bathroom was small but functional and was more than adequate for our 1 night stay. We did not have breakfast at the hotel, so I cannot make any comments regarding the food but in passing the restaurant, it looked clean and satisfactory.

Overall we had a pleasant and comfortable stay. I was unsure about staying considering some of the poor reviews of the hotel on the site but myself and my companions were more than happy with our stay and would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011