“Brambles can be heaven .....”

Brambles Cafe Bistro
Ranked #988 of 2,702 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$6 - US$24
Cuisines: European, French, Irish
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Rathfarnham
Description: From our humble beginnings in 1998 Brambles cafes have steadily grown from strength to strength based upon our philosophy of high quality rustic produce and great value. This philosophy is grounded by our core values of creating simple, honest, delicious food with fresh and tasty local ingredients.
Reviewed 21 August 2017

Breakfasted here yesterday morning - a lovely warm sunny Sunday morning - sunlight streamed in through the large windows and we had the place to ourselves, for the first 15 minutes anyway! We weren't sure if it was open so early, as we couldn't see any signs of life, but just to confirm it DOES open at 9 a.m. on the weekends! We sat at the window and watched Terenure slowly waking up. This is not our first visit to Brambles for either breakfast or dinner, and it has always come up trumps. We ordered Eggs Benedict and Eggs Florentine with tea and coffee. Both dishes were cooked to perfection, beautifully presented and served with a smile! Very good value too. We were lucky to get a parking space as they are quite limited out front, but there are other places around that one can park. We will be back, again and again .....

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Recently 3 of us had lunch here and it was a very pleasant experience.
We got parking right outside the door , so that was a great start.
I had a grilled chicken panini , and the other two in our party both had a club sandwich , all are served with a side portion of fries .
They were all beautifully presented and tasted really nice , in fact they were so nice that they tempted us into having a desert.
We each had a delightful apple sponge with custard .
A tiny quibble might be the fact that the staff ( it seemed to be only 2 members of staff ) , were rushed off their feet due to large volume of customers .
So maybe a little help for the staff , but all in all , a lovely lunch experience.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

The standard of food and service here is really excellent. I have gone recently on one of their popular deals and the value for money is exceptional.

The food is of a very high standard and the service matches it. A table of four had a range of meals from Steak, Pork, Cod and Monkfish. All presented beautifully and we were all were in agreement that the flavours were delicious. We had a lovely bottle of wine and shared some desserts including my favourite baked alaska and a chocolate fondant. Again the standard was superb, we'll be back!

Reviewed 11 August 2017

Great value for two or 3 courses and the early bird is available Monday to Thursday all night.

Apart from the value the food is excellent. I had the asparagus started with a perfectly poached egg and though it was so delicious it couldn't be bettered. But then I had the ballotine of pork.which was exceptional - I loved it.

Highly recommended for intimate or group dining. ..

Reviewed 9 August 2017

I visited here twice recently and was looking forward to it very much. I honestly have nothing to complain about, the food was lovely, the service was nice, the layout and décor was nice, the facilities were nice. I had no issues at all but could not put my finger on why I did not enjoy either visit. Then it hit me, there was zero atmosphere here. The ‘musak’ was soothing enough but something is just not right. We heard laughter from staff, which is a lovely sound and leads me to understand that they are enjoying their job. Wish I could say more but I can at least recommend the food and Brambles as a ‘nice’ place to visit.