Kinlay House
The Clarence(Dublin)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscommon roombed dormtemple bargreat locationfree breakfastmixed dormperson roomown bathroomchrist church cathedraldublin castleairport busstayed nightslight sleepercentral locationtrinity collegehostelbeds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 August 2017

I stayed in a six person room here a week ago for two nights. The rooms are comfortable and a reasonable price. There are men's and women's bathrooms on each floor with many showers and toilets. The hostel was very clean, including the bathroom.

The location was perfect. Its a ten to 15 minute to most of the fun areas of Dublin and a 20 minute or so walk to the Guinness Factory. We went to Temple bar both nights and it was just a quick short walk back to the hostel at the end of the night.

The bus to the airport was also directly in front of the hostel, and leaves every twenty minutes starting really early in the morning. This makes it very easy to get to the airport when its time to leave.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 July 2017

Having been there three times already I can say it is a very good hostel. Great friendly staff, clean rooms and a well equipped kitchen make it my standard hostel when I'm in Dublin. Sometimes the wifi isn't quite working, one time I couldn't pay with card (network problems).

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a bathroom inside your dorm
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Private room had a bathroom and a bunk bed, twin on top, full on bottom. It was perfect because my 4 yo is into being on the top of bunk beds!
Super clean, the restaurant outside my window shuffled everyone into the bar after 10p so I didn't have to smell and hear people smoking and talking all night. Staff was friendly, other patrons were polite and even "the regulars" were pretty well put together.

Wish I could stay for my next trip but all the private rooms were booked. Keep doing a good job!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

First off when I checked in, the balance due was below 15 euro, so I gave them my card. They cannot use it unless its contactless??? Or they charge a fee. Upgrade your card reader from 1989. The hallways and rooms smelled like rotten feet. It never went away. The carpet looks like it hadn't been changed or cleaned since 1954. Look at my pictures. Maybe the worst location for a hostel. On the corner of 2 busy streets, where church bells randomly go off at 3:30am?!?!?? I could have slept on plywood and it would have been softer than this bed. Seriously so hard. Onto the showers and toilets. Yea, you guessed it...disgusting. No one cleans them. And they all have push button release like the beach showers. How annoying having to push the shower ever 7 seconds to keep the water flowing. I wore flip flops the floor probably carried a foot fungus. If you are so worried someone is going to leave the water on, why not have a staff member that is supposed to clean the bathrooms check on it?!??? No? Maybe a suggestion. Guess what, not enough chargers in the room, but they can pack in people like sardines to maximize profits. Found my self and other charging in the hallways. Breakfast. A joke. Guess where the wifi works??? 1 room and it's not your room. It's the lobby, with no chairs or outlets. No even in the kitchen next door does it work. There's signs everywhere that say clean up after yourself?? HAHAHAHAHA, no one has cleaned this hotel in years. It needs 500,000 euro in upgrades and a facelift. Never again will I stay here. STAY AWAY, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank JerryAscione
Reviewed 3 May 2017

We booked a double room, and eventually we were put up in a room with a double bed and 3 more beds, but the room was entirely for us, so no hassle. Breakfast was for free although there wasn't a wide range of choices. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple