“Very Enjoyable Experience”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Longford
“Very Enjoyable Experience”
Reviewed 2 February 2012

The hotel is very convenient to the DART, to Sandymount Village and Ballsbridge. It is situated very close to the Aviva Stadium and is located in the "leafy surburbs" of Dublin. It's a really nice area and I felt safe enough to take a stroll on my own into Sandymount Village (approx. 10 min walk). I stayed in Room 108. The room was fine but was an "inter-connecting" room. Being on my own I felt a little apprehensive in case someone could open the "connecting" door into my room. Decor was nice and everything was spotless. When I came back to my room later that night, I could hear people in the adjoining room talking. In fairness they were speaking in hushed tones and as soon as they heard my light switches go off, they also "bedded down" for the night. I will request a non-connecting room next time. My sleep wasn't disturbed and the room was very comfortable. The shower head could do with being updated. Having said that, my shower was perfectly acceptable. Breakfast was a buffet style and you could eat as much as you wanted. The food in the serveries was a tad cold ... I opted for a small Irish breakfast. While I was helping myself, I was asked if I wanted tea or coffee and this was duly delivered to my table without any delay. Food was absolutely fine, no quibbles with it at all. I have to comment on the staff. They are extremely friendly and helpful, polite and courteous. If they can help you with something, then they will make it so. I met with some friends in the bar of the hotel and the bar staff were extremely efficient and friendly. I will be back to this hotel but I will ring and book my room as you don't get a choice on the booking websites. There is also ample parking in the hotel and I had to nip off to town the following day and the receptionist allowed me to leave my car in the car park until I returned a few hours later. What a lovely touch and so unexpected. Plus it meant I didn't have to face city centre traffic and was able to skirt the city on my way home. All in all, a very enjoyable experience. I will return.

Room Tip: Ask for a non-connecting room.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Sandymount_Hotel, Marketing at Sandymount Hotel, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
Many thanks for taking the time to review Sandymount Hotel.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found our location pleasant.

Thank you also for your feedback on staying in an interconnecting room, our breakfast, and the shower head in the bathroom, which has been brought to the attention of our Management Team. Please do note that the door between interconnecting rooms would be locked, but we would be very happy to accommodate you in future stays in a non-connecting room at your request.

Once again, we are very happy that you had an enjoyable stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

With kind regards,

Sandymount Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
  • Hebrew first
Downpatrick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 February 2012

My wife and I stayed early January on a B&B plus evening meal. Really good room with wifi . Meal was excellent. Hotel is next to Dart Train for easy access to Central Dublin. Staff excellent and Breakfast great again served by friendly, helpful staff.

Room Tip: Room at front very quiet
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Tralee, Ireland
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Convenient to the City Centre via the "Dart" metro system (10 mins into town) and close the the lovely Sandymount Village and Dublin's sea-front & beach.

........and with Free Parking (saving you up to €20 Euro a day !!!).

We went to a concert in the O2 (SO SIMPLE via the Dart to Connolly and Luas direct to the concert door).

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Stayed here for 1 njght - Sat 28/01 - and found it to be a really friendly, warm comfortable hotel. Stayed with my wife & 2 year old little girl & the room was lovely & warm & spotlessly clean. Had dinner in the Tritonville bar that evening & food was very tasty. I had seafood chowder starter followed by the fish & chips - my wife skipped the starter & had lamb tangine which she was very impressed with. The only little complaint I have is there was a long wait for the mains after my starter - close to half an hour I would say. Had a few drinks in the bar after meal while my wife put the little one to bed & all in all a very pleasant evening. Was surprised to see there wasn't a residents bar in hotel especially with all the rugby matches in the Aviva coming up but this wasn't an issue for me. Would definitely stay again...

Room Tip: Try not to get a room by the lift as it can be a bit noisy if you're trying to get an early nigh...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Many thanks for taking the time to review Sandymount Hotel.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed dinner in our Tritonville Bar & Terrace.

Thank you for giving us your feedback on the wait between the starter and main course and please accept our apologies for this inconvenience. Your comments have been brought to the attention of our Management Team so that this issue can be addressed.

Once again, it is great to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

With kind regards,

Galway
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Great staff, so helpful. Lovely clean room, was so quiet and relaxing… Breakfast was perfect. I honestly can’t find fault with anything at the Sandymount Hotel…

The Sandymount area is great, just a hop from the City Centre on the Dart, bus or by Taxi.

All within a 10 minute walk… Sandymount Green is a great spot with a few very nice restaurants, Brownes is a gem! (french). The promenade walk along the sea strand was very nice too.

Fantastic on every count.