19 people are viewing this hotel
US$592
Free cancellation until 30/09/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$514
Hotels.comUS$514
PricelineUS$592
Prestigia.comUS$616
5,685 results
All reviews afternoon tea grafton street wilde restaurant turn down service beautiful hotel five star hotel perfect location trinity college visiting dublin temple bar sidecar felicia concierge luxury ireland doorman pubs
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 September 2019 via mobile

I went today for the Afternoon tea at Westbury Hotel. I've never felt more spoiled. Felicia and Sarah took care of us. Nothing was too much for them. The sandwiches were great, the cookies amazing...nothing to complain about. I can't wait to go back.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Roving800875
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2019

Dear Roving800875,

Thank you for your feedback, it gives me great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your afternoon tea experience and that Sarah, Felicia and the team ensured you were appropriately spoiled.

We will look forward to welcoming you back for another luxurious afternoon tea experience.

General Manager.

Reviewed 1 September 2019

This was an excellent hotel, location and staff! I would highly recommend this hotel. Enjoyed being able to walk to dinner and the shops were right out the front doors. I plan to stay at the Westbury when we come back!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Culture321842

Dear Culture321842,

I am most pleased to read that you enjoyed our hotel and that our location was convenient for your trip to Dublin.

Our staff work very hard to ensure each of our guests has a memorable and comfortable stay and i am confident our team will be very encouraged by your response.

We will look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Dublin.

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience.

With Kind Regards,

General Manager.

Reviewed 30 August 2019

Great central location! Warm, inviting, friendly service! My highlight would have to be the visit I paid to the Side Car Bar where Adrian and Stefanie kept me company while I waited for my flight, their drinks and banter made my stay in Dublin! I'll be sure to come back!

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank johnbonjnr

Dear johnbonjnr,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay at The Westbury.

I am delighted to hear that you felt at home and that Adrian and Stefanie made your stay a memorable one. I will be sure to pass your kind words along to them.

We will look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Dublin.

Reviewed 29 August 2019 via mobile

I spent a considerable amount of time researching hotels and decided on the Westbury. I also made sure I corresponded via email and phone conversation about how important this occasion was. I explained the importance of a beautiful room and most importantly the location of the room. I specifically asked for “a pretty view” from our room and was willing to pay for it. However our view was looking at a crane and construction site. When I inquired about it, I was rudely told “oh well it’s what you have”!
Most disturbing though was the fact that after check-in at 1:30 (we knew we were early) we were told we’d be called when the room was ready but we could leave our luggage there and it would be in our room upon arrival. By 4:30 we still hadn’t received a call that our room was ready so we came back to check. We were told our room was ready and our luggage was in the room. When we got to the room the door was propped wide open with no luggage was to be found.
We immediately called the desk and they insisted it had been delivered to the room yet it was nowhere in sight. A man named Ivan came up and said he’d delivered it himself yet it wasn’t there. Ivan went to check all security camera footage to locate our missing luggage. Come to find out, another bellman came and removed it thinking it had belonged to the previous occupant. After a lot of frantic worrying and wasting time, our luggage was finally located in an area for guests that had already checked out!
To have all of the above happen our first few hours in Dublin on what was supposed to be “our dream” vacation was a horrible start and a complete waste of our short time in Dublin. The Westbury absolutely did not live up to its supposed reputation of a five star hotel. In fact, in our experience it was anything but that and the way in which the whole debacle was handled was a cursory note with a box of chocolates and a bottle of champagne at our €400.00 afternoon tea. The best part of our stay there was our server, Marta for our afternoon tea that was a very special thank you for friends. Think twice before booking this very expensive hotel, as there are other options in town.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank 57quilter
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2019

Dear 57quilter,

Thank you for taking thew time to provide feedback following your stay at The Westbury.

I am very disappointed to read of your experience and would like to assure you that this is an isolated instance, far from the high standards for which we have become renowned. I would be very grateful if you would allow my team the opportunity to investigate this in more detail. Our team are contactable at WestburyGuestRelationsTeam@doylecollection.com.

I do hope that we will hear from you soon, and that you may afford us the opportunity to serve you better on your next stay.

With renewed apologies,

Reviewed 26 August 2019

We were in town and went into the sidecar after a day of shopping and Heather the hostess was very accommodating for us. She was very welcoming and warm as it was our first Vist to the hotel. We will be back.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Hazel Jo V

Dear Hazel Jo V,

I would like to thank you very much for your very kind review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and being in the heart of Dublin.

I will certainly pass your kind comments on to Heather, who I am sure will be delighted to learn of your wonderful experience.

I hope that we will welcome you back in the future to enjoy another memorable stay.

Vincent O'Gorman.