4,573 results
All reviews grafton street wilde restaurant turn down service nespresso machine beautiful hotel five star hotel perfect location trinity college lounge area the heart of the city would highly recommend this hotel visiting dublin temple bar sidecar concierge waldo luxury
Reviewed 19 February 2018

Overall the standard of luxury hotels in Dublin is average. For location, The Westbury is number one. Service is excellent but the hardware (rooms, lobby, lifts) is just average. 50 meters to Grafton Street is the main selling point.

Room tip: all rooms are ok
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Dear Measured_Review,

Thank you for sharing your feedback of your recent stay at The Westbury.

While I am pleased that you found our service of such a high standard and our location convenient to you during your stay, please accept my apologies for the disappointment you experienced with your bedroom and lifts.Your feedback is appreciated, as we are continually aiming to improve the overall experience and comfort of our guests. Furthermore, I am pleased to inform you that we are beginning a full refurbishment of our bedrooms, which I hope will be of benefit to you.

I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Westbury in the future.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

Stayed in the Westbury after a concert. Central to everything. Absolutely loved the Art Deco furniture and fit out of this hotel. My favourte hotel thus far in Dublin, surpassing The Shelbourne because the room was much bigger and more comfortable. Bed very comfortable and room well equipped and very clean. I simply loved the decor of this hotel and the breakfast room was beautiful. Just had B&B here, Expensive, but worth the treat. Staff lovely and unobtrusive. Valet parking, which does cost £25 extra to your bill. You have been warned.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Dear Paula M,

Thank for your complimentary review of your recent stay with us at The Westbury Hotel.

I am very pleased to hear that our location worked so well for you and that your room was to your liking. I am delighted that you enjoyed our decor and that our service was of a high standard.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Westbury again in the near future.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

My husband and I booked 5 nights at the Westbury in order to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. We arrived to our room to find the bed strewn with rose petals and a delicious dessert awaiting us with a 'Happy Anniversary' message, a lovely touch. The room was complete with anything you may need, including a Nespresso coffee maker and selection of teas. The bed was probably the most comfortable hotel bed ever and the bathroom perfectly equipped with luxury toiletries. Perhaps the most important thing of all though was the attitude of the staff. Every single member of staff that we encountered was extremely pleasant, helpful and made us feel very much valued guests. A couple of minor problems with the room were sorted out immediately on notification and entirely to our satisfaction personally by the assistant guest relations manager Eimear Gielty. Breakfast was delicious with a wonderful choice and, again, all members of staff greeted us with a smile and were immediately at the table to take our order, no matter how busy the restaurant. The location could not be any better, just off Grafton Street with just about everywhere within easy walking distance. We have stayed in many hotels throughout the world and The Westbury is easily the friendliest and most professionally run of them all. Next time we are in Dublin, there is no contest, we'll be staying at the Westbury again.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear okeydokelOW,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your complimentary feedback on your recent stay.

It is very encouraging to hear how well you enjoyed your stay and that our team was on hand throughout to ensure a great experience for you. I will pass you kind words on to Eimear.

I am delighted to hear that our location was convenient and that our breakfast offering and room was to your satisfaction.

I do look forward to, hopefully, welcoming you back to Dublin and to The Westbury again soon.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

Modern and spacious. No 1 location in Dublin off Grafton St and right next to endless list of top bars and restaurants particularly around Exchequer St and Powerscourt area. Staff exceptionally friendly.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Mel K,

Thank you for your complimentary feedback on your visit with us here at The Westbury.

I am pleased that our location was of benefit to you during your stay and that you found our team so friendly.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Westbury again soon.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

This is a lovely hotel in a great location. The staff are very pleasant and the location is excellent! The front-desk staff is especially helpful. The breakfast is wonderful. The room was large and comfortable with a teapot for warming up! I will be back!

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear clipper90,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your complimentary review of your recent stay at The Westbury.

It is lovely to hear that our team on the front desk looked after you so well and that you enjoyed the breakfast offering. I am pleased that our location was convenient to you during your stay and that your room was to your liking.

I do look forward to, hopefully, welcoming you back to The Westbury in the near future.