“Perfect location, perfect service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Westbury

The Westbury
Ranked #7 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
EVANSTON
“Perfect location, perfect service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2012

I stayed at The Westbury for two nights, May 18 & 19, 2012. My contact with Nicola Murphy during the booking process was very impressive. She assisted me in arranging transportation and ensuring I would have the kind of room I wanted. The hotel is beautiful, the room was luxurious and comfortable, and the service in all areas was impeccable. Also, The Westbury has the best location in Dublin! I was able to walk to every sight and notable restaurant.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank BordeauxBaby
WehManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, 7 June 2012
Dear BordeauxBaby,

Thank you for your glowing review of The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor. It is truly flattering and delightful to read your comments and your references to our "beautiful hotel, luxurious rooms, impeccable service and unbeatable location" are certainly encouraging.
Equally appreciated is your most kind mention of my colleague Nicola Murphy for her superb attention to your needs and I hope that this will entice you to return to The Westbury Hotel in the near future.

Thank you once again for your kind comments and your much-valued custom.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (489)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Manama, Bahrain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

Had a good stay at the westbury. Just a tip for weekenders...try not to stay on floor 3 like we did. There was a wedding on the floor below and it was like having a radio on in the room, everything was loud and clear. However, we did let the mgt know and we are coming back soon. Other than that the food was good, the hotel was clean and the staff friendly. My opinion is the the five stars are more for the location. While the hotel was nice, it is a little older style than most 5 stars I have stayed in and maybe needs a little modernisation.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WehManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Dear terryant,

Thank you for having chosen to stay at The Westbury Hotel Dublin and thank you for having taken the time to review your experience of our renowned establishment on Tripadvisor.

Your opinion is important to us and your feedback is most appreciated indeed.

Comments from our guests allow us to carefully monitor and ensure the very best of standards associated with those of Leading Hotels Of The World.

I do hope that it will not be too long before I have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Westbury Hotel and thank you once again for your comments and custom.

Rachel McNamara
Assistant Guest Relations Manager
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times before and it never lets me down. Upon check-in I was up-graded to a suite as I was a returning guest, which was a real treat. I also received complimentry cupcakes and sweets in my room with a thank you note for being a returning guest - customer service at its best. We held a breakfast briefing in the Grafton Suite which was set up perfectly. Staff at the reception and in meetings/events are wonderful - nothing is a problem. Cannot reccommend this hotel more for personal or business trips. Looking forward to my next stay.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Dear McC,

Thank you sincerely for your most inspiring positive review of The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor. It is a pleasure to read that you had a thoroughly enjoyable stay. In your review you mentioned your surprise and delight at receiving an upgrade to one of our suites which I am delighted you enjoyed. I should advise that demand for our suites is considerable and this means that they are often occupied. Therefore it is only when we have availability that we are in a position to reward our loyal customers.
I hope that we shall have the honour of welcoming you back to The Westbury Hotel in the not too distant future.

Thank you once again for your gracious comments and your much-valued custom.

Guest Rlations Manager
Ames, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

Not only is this hotel very centrally located and the rooms delightful, but the staff at the hotel is extraordinary, going well beyond what one might expect. During our visit my daughter became ill with a strep throat. The hotel arranged for a doctor's visit and tended to her like a third parent, bringing tea, ice cream and the like. It is rare to find such a caring and attentive staff and you can be sure that when we return to Dublin we will be staying here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank AGIowa
Dear AGlowa,

It is really delightful to read your most kind review of The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor.
I am most content by your summing up of your stay with the word "extraordinary."
Our highly dedicated team are reflective of the excellence we strive to deliver to our guests who we hope will recommend our iconic establishment to others as you have done on Tripadvisor.
I hope that your daughter is feeling much better by now and that your fond memories of The Westbury Hotel will entice you to return soon.

Thank you once again for your delightful comments and your valued custom.

seattle, wa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

The front desk people were gracious and friendly (happy to give us a load of advice about where to go on the rest of our trip!). Room service food was fine -- but much swankier to enjoy it in the gorgeous common area. The in-room espresso machine would make many people swoon.

The room was very quiet, even though every room was taken by a huge convention. The location is prime for walking to many attractions (Trinity College, St. Stephen's Green, etc.) If you book well in advance you can get a good deal, otherwise this is a very expensive hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank lmcsherr
Dear Imcsherr,

Thank you for posting your positive review of The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor and thank you for being one of our much-valued customers.
From your comments I am delighted to note that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and that all areas of the hotel met or exceeded your expectations. The recently refurbished interiors are truly a pleasure to behold and I am most encouraged by your comments.
It is also thrilling to read your most kind feedback regarding our dedicated team who it must be acknowledged, certainly do provide our guests with excellent service.
I hope that we shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Westbury Hotel in the near future.
Thank you once again.