3,226 results
All reviews grafton street citron restaurant great location st stephens concierge staff stephen's green five star hotel turn down service excellent hotel mini bar central location hotel bar trinity college ireland patrick doorman pubs
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We really enjoyed the fitzwilliam food drink delicious and staff were all very friendly. Our room had a balcony with the sun shining on us the next morning as we drank coffee and read the complimentary newspaper.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank pauline w
Fitzwilliam-GM, Guest Relations Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Pauline,

Greetings from the Fitzwilliam hotel, Dublin!

Thank you for such a wonderful rating and for recommending our hotel to other travelers. We are delighted to see you enjoyed your recent stay with us and found use of our ever popular balcony's, it is unfortunate we can't guarantee the sun shining for every morning for our guests to enjoy their coffee. We hope to welcome you for another wonderful experience again in the future.

Happy anniversary once again & best wishes,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Our first awesome experience on our trip to Ireland was a two day stay at this exceptional hotel. We were immediately greeted by Patrick Fitzgibbon, Head Concierge. We were amazed at the outstanding level of service, knowledge of Dublin, and friendly demeanor that Mr. Fitzgibbon provided. The hotel was very modern and had every possible high quality amenity we could have wished for! The location was perfect. It was right around the corner from the hop on/hop off bus, and across the street from beautiful St. Stephen’s Green. Shopping and dining were only steps away from the hotel. We highly recommend that you stay here as soon as you arrive in Dublin! It is definitely 5 star!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KarenC327

Dear Karen,

Many thanks for the wonderful review posted recently and for taking the time to tell us of your experience at The Fitzwilliam Hotel, Dublin.

I am truly delighted to read that our team managed to meet and exceed your expectations during your most recent stay. I look forward to sharing your very kind review with the team, especially Patrick who features so highly in your review. I know he will be very proud to learn of your kind sentiments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Fitzwilliam Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

First the positives. Excellent location. Friendly staff. Nice sized rooms. Excellent breakfast. Unfortunately, there were a few "misses" that you wouldn't expect in this class of a hotel. The hot water was out for almost an entire day. The next day we asked that our toilet be repaired while we were out during the day, and four hours later nothing had been done. Only when we complained did they respond. The staff was very apologetic, and it didn't really impact the great time we had in Dublin, but it wasn't an experience consistent with the hotel's price or rating.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Silver996c

Dear Silver996c,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent visit to our hotel.

We are disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations. The level of service you have mentioned is certainly not the standard we endeavor to achieve. Thank you for bringing this to our attention as we will ensure inconsistent experiences such as this do not arise in the future. On a more positive note we are glad to see you enjoyed our location, friendly staff and excellent breakfast.

Thank you once again and we do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future. Should you ever be in the area again I would be delighted to restore your faith in us.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

First time I stayed at the Fitzwilliam - I normally use the Merrion but it was full.
The hotel is well located on St Stephens Green, but it is tired, it really needs a refurb to justify the 5* rating. Given the purple colour scheme in the hallways and wavy carpets in the rooms, it has been quite a while since the interior was redecorated, and I am afraid it shows.
Pros: The hotel was clean, the bathroom was clean if on the small side, the trouser press worked and the iron didn't dribble. Front desk staff were helpful.
Cons: The noise. I think most hotels have solid block walls between rooms, the Fitzwilliam seemed to have plasterboard. Whatever the cause, slamming doors down the hall, your neighbour trying to plug his laptop in, all carried clearly into the room. I notice other reviews have picked up on this. It really wasn't acceptable.

Room Tip: Take earplugs.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Andrew M

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback following your most recent stay with us.

I sincerely apologize for your poor experience at our property. Thank you for sharing your comments and for letting us know where our focus needs to go. I am glad to say we have started our lengthily refurbishment which will hopefully address the issues you have highlighted in your review.

Your feedback is important to us and we will use it to review our products and services. I hope we will be able to restore your confidence in The Fitzwilliam Dublin and can one day welcome you back to our hotel.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Fitzwilliam was everything I was looking for. Overlooking St. Stephen's Green, the hotel offered nice views, relative tranquility for a city hotel, and was very well located. Many of of the city's fine dining restaurants are within 5-10 min walk of the hotel. I was able to walk to/from the hotel to Trinity College, Dublin Castle, Christ Church, Temple Bar area. The only time I needed a cab was the morning I started @ Kilmainham Gaol. The concierge staff was very helpful before & during my stay with dining suggestions, and also pre-arranged a very good taxi tour of the city for the morning I arrived. The included breakfast offered a great selection of both cold items (cereals, fruit, baked goods, juices, yogurts), and a number of prepared to order hot breakfasts. I had both, along with a great cup of cappucino each morning, and it kept me going until the evening. The only negative was that the room I had very carefully selected was unavailable when I checked in. It was resolved later that day (after providing a copy of the email confirming the room location) and my things were moved for me. However, when I arrived at 6:00 am from my overnight flight, I wasn't in the mood for an argument about the room I should have been assigned. With the exception of the check-in error, the service was flawless, and the accommodations perfect for exploring Dublin.

Room Tip: If you select a specific room location/type, bring a copy of the confirmation for checkin.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank LB-likes2travel
Fitzwilliam-GM, Guest Relations Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Fitzwilliam Dublin recently and thank you for taking the time to write this balanced review of your experience with us.

We truly appreciate your compliments about the hotel, products, services and location. I have passed your kind comments on to all the team as such feedback makes everyone's efforts so worthwhile!

We're equally disappointed, however, to discover that you were not completely satisfied with your experience. I would like to apologise for the inconvenience with a room type. Front desk were giving you this room type for early arrival because that was the only one available at 6 AM. Therefore we were going to move you to another room that you booked. I am very sorry it was not clarified.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly prior to your next visit to Dublin.

With kind regards,