1,690 results
All reviewstrinity collegegrafton streetgreat locationirish parliamentleinster housenational librarygovernment buildingscharming hotelquiet streettemple bartriple roomwithin walking distancest stephens greenpublic areascentral locationthree nightsrooms are small
Reviewed 14 July 2018

we stayed 3 nights and enjoyed the front desk service, breakfast and the pub where we ate twice. all very good. Our only negative was the room...it is small but that is accepted in older properties. However..as some before have mentioned, with climate change happening, Dublin is getting the odd spell of real summer. Great for walking around etc...not so great for sleeping. They have recently added small fans to rooms, but for North Americans this is not enough. I think it is time for management to invest in the small wall AC units you see everywhere else in Europe. Yes they will only be used a few weeks a year but this situation should no longer be ignored....overall very good....

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cruzcap
PaulGallagherMngr, General Manager at Buswells Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2018

Dear cruzcap,

Many thanks for the review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it and thank you for your lovely comments which I have shared with all the team here. The front desk were particularly pleased to read your comments. I was however disappointed to read you did not sleep well while staying with us here at Buswells and I have taken your comments regarding AC units onboard fully.

I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 14 July 2018

We chose this hotel for the last night of our trip in Ireland, and our only night in Dublin itself. Previously having been in B&B/guesthouses, we were keen to have a nice hotel for our last night. We weren’t disappointed. Our room was really beautiful, bright and airy, with a lovely colour scheme of cream leather and lime touches. The furniture was mid-brown colour which suited well and wasn’t too dark and overwhelming. The bed was 6’ and very comfortable which was amazing and very helpful after a poor night’s sleep the previous night, elsewhere! The bathroom was excellent with a very good shower, and all in all the room felt like a lovely luxury to end our trip. We had tea and coffee facilities (with biscuits), a hairdryer, flowers in the room, good storage for clothes, safe in wardrobe, good pillows, TV (although not a great picture, we didn’t watch it much). A small-ish (but very fine) grand room which was just wonderful. Also lovely and much appreciated touches from hotel as it was my birthday whilst staying there - thank you!

The hotel itself was really beautiful (personally I don’t think the website shows it off in all its glory!) and the staff all friendly and helpful. It had a very lovely feel to it. Location-wise, it is very handy for the Aircoach to and from the airport, very close to St Stephens Green, Grafton Street etc. An excellent central location. Of course, being in a city also comes with associated noise and we had workmen outside our room packing up until about 11.00pm at night! But it was manageable and once they’d gone, the traffic noise gradually subsided and wasn’t noticeable again until about 7.00am. We had coffee and cake in the lounge in the evening which was very nice, and breakfast was of a good variety (although I think they missed our toast!) with an excellent hot cooked full Irish. They also looked after our luggage for the day as our flight was late in the evening, and we were very grateful for that.

All in all a really wonderful stay and perfect end to our trip in Ireland. Thank you Buswells! Definitely recommended!!

Room Tip: I think all rooms are fairly small, probably better to avoid the Compact (which ours wasn't and was wonderful!)
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Wintersteller92,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us at Buswells.

I have shared your wonderful comments with all the team here who join me in thanking you.

We are all genuinely delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much and I am also pleased that we were able to contribute in someway to the overall enjoyment of your trip.

We look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back to stay with us again very soon.

Reviewed 11 July 2018

We went in for some food as a family with some friends - we ordered a 'sharing platter for 11.50 and some chips and soft drinks - total close to 30 euros. The Sharing platter arrived and was three small bits of chicken on a few chips..

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
PaulGallagherMngr, General Manager at Buswells Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Dear pjhollidge

Thank you for your recent review, I appreciate the time you have taken to share your feedback on your experience with us at Buswells Hotel.

I was disappointed to read that you found our bar food is 'poor value for money'. We have done our research in terms of pricing and everything on our menu is at the standard price for dishes we offer. In relation to the 'sharing platter' we do not offer platters on our bar menu but do offer snacks to share and we do describe them as baskets which would be between two people for something small while enjoying a drink, I am sorry if this was not clear on our menu and that it left you feeling disappointed with the overall experience.

pjhollidge thank you again for your review and I do hope that you give us the opportunity of welcoming you back to Buswells.

Your sincerely,

Paul Gallagher,
General Manager.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Buswells Hotel is a classic hotel which was very accommodating. The room was spacious and comfortable. The staff was very helpful for tours and attractions. The location is fantastic. Close to everything. Would definitely stay here again the next time I'm in Dublin.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear gkowalczyk,

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay and I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 5 July 2018

A few good things about Buswell's: Great location, very central. Our room fit a family of 4 with a queen bed, a twin and a cot. For this we were appreciative. The front desk staff member was very nice and tried to get us a restaurant reservation. The negatives: I was disappointed with breakfast, just not that great. We were in Dublin during the heatwave and the hotel was not air conditioned. Not a huge deal because the heat was unusual for Dublin. There was a note on the bed that because of the heat we could ask for top sheets so we did this. When we came back after dinner each bed had a folded top sheet on it so I had to remake all the beds. I didn't think that was too great. Making 3 beds in a hotel on my vacation? They can do better than that.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank NoreenToronto
PaulGallagherMngr, General Manager at Buswells Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2018

Dear NoreenToronto

Thank you for your recent review, I appreciate the time you have taken to share your feedback on your stay with us at Buswells Hotel.

While I was happy to read you enjoyed aspects of your stay with us here at Buswells I was however disappointed to read that you did not enjoy the breakfast we provide at the hotel this is not the kind of feedback we normally receive regarding our breakfast and I am sorry we did not meet your expectations on this, In relation to top sheets provided at the request of our guest's if they find duvets too warm, we provide these during and after housekeeping hours and leave the duvet's in the room should our guest's feel cold during the night as the temperature drops so it would just be a case of placing the duvet at the side of the room and keeping the top sheets as a lighter cover to keep over you not making 3 beds.

NoreenToronto thank you again for your review and I do hope that you give us the opportunity of welcoming you back to Buswells.

Your sincerely,