“We considered ourselves lucky we walked out...”
Review of Buswells Hotel

Buswells Hotel
Ranked #23 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Co.Dublin
“We considered ourselves lucky we walked out...”
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Tried to have the Carvery Lunch in Buswells Hotel today. When we arrived at the carvery counter at around half one it was deserted. A lady was buzzing in and out of the kitchen through the carvery area and was ignoring us. Several minutes passed no one appeared from the kitchen. Another lady behind was hailed with the same result: no reaction. A nearby small table was crowded with dirty cutlery: a lot in fact!

We talked about this later (over a nice enjoyable lunch nearby) and agreed that the Buswell display looked tired, cold, and unappetising. One serving dish was 90% empty and had not been replaced and no sign of heat emanated from the other dishes. The remains of the pork joint was small and the beef large, it looked burnt, and perhaps was not appealing to the diners.

Finally Lady Buzz was asked if someone might serve us and she snapped as us that she would deal with the issue when she had a minute. We looked at one another and left the area.

At the door I spoke with the gent at reception regarding the matter, but I got the impression since my face was to the exit door, he wasn't interested in what I had to say, or in getting a manager to speak with me.

Will we be back? No way whatsoever.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Lazarian
buswellsmanager, General Manager at Buswells Hotel, responded to this review, 22 March 2012
Good Afternoon Lazarian,

I would like to firstly apologise for the shortcomings that you experienced in your recent visit to Buswells Hotel. Please be assured that the comments that you have made will be dealt with in the appropriate manner.

Buswells prides itself on the high level of customer care and on this occasion we fell short. Should you wish to discuss your issues further please do not hesitate in contacting me directly at the hotel.

I sincerely hope that you do choose to visit with us again in the future as we would love the opportunity to renew your faith in us.

Paul Gallagher.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
  • Thai first
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Great example of Georgian style decor and architecture. Location is perfect for exploring Dublin on foot. Grafton street , Dublin Castle and Trinity College are practically around the corner. The rooms are small and tired. However, the bed is new including duvet style bedding. There is no air conditioning so if you need to open the window in your room it can be quite noisy from the street. Perhaps asking for a back room would correct this. We ate breakfast one morning at the hotel. However, I would recommend eating elsewhere... Better selection and cheaper. We ate at fixx coffee shop and carluccios which are right near the hotel. Also just make sure at check out to review the bill thoroughly. Both bills in the party had issues with being over charged when we had alresdy pre paid. Overall it suited our needs of wanting comfortable accommodation in the heart of Dublin.

• Stayed March 2012
Dear doingstuff,
Thank you for posting a review of Buswells Hotel following your recent stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. We will be looking into the issue raised regarding your payment and taking corrective actions where necessary.

We do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you to the Buswells Hotel again in the future.

IRELAND
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Great hotel, in super location with a very reasonable price tag. It's a little old fashioned but I love it. My only concern was the left luggage seemed somewhat insecure ( I had a bag stolen from another hotel one time when I left my luggage in a similar set up so...once bitten twice shy I guess!!) However the lady at reception assured me that Buswells was the safest hotel in Dublin!! Being across from the Dáil probably helps! Great location, great price..I will stay here next time I'm in the big smoke!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank FJNM
buswellsmanager, General Manager at Buswells Hotel, responded to this review, 15 March 2012
FJNM, thank you for taking the time to post your review of Buswells Hotel following your recent stay with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. All comments are important to us as it enables us to improve on our product & service that we offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Buswells in the near future.
Heidelberg, Baden-Württemberg, Germany
Reviewed 6 March 2012

his Place is one of the most welcoming classic hotels I have ever experienced. My room was very cozy and neat. I did not want to leave. The Staff was very friendly and helpful. They (especially Niki) were always happy to answer my questions about Dublin. I hope to stay again this year.

Room Tip: The sinle rooms are of good value
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Michael H
buswellsmanager, General Manager at Buswells Hotel, responded to this review, 8 March 2012
Michael H, Many thanks for your review of Buswells Hotel. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we do hope to welcome you again in the not so distant future.

Morpeth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We spent 2 nights at the Buswells for the six nations, from checking in early on friday
to the hotel looking after our luggage for a late flight on the sunday, nothing was a
problem for the very professional staff. Room spacious, clean & comfortable.
Bathroom spotless. Breakfast very good & bar area cosy. Location in a quite
side street short walk to shopping & bars. Overall a pleasent & enjoyable stay
highly recommended & when we return it will be the Buswells.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank STEVAS67
buswellsmanager, General Manager at Buswells Hotel, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
Stevas67, many thanks for taking the time to review our hotel following your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you to Buswells Hotel again in the future.