Buswells Hotel
US$461
US$421
Doubletree
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Dublin Parnell Street(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$221
US$209
  • Restaurant
Stauntons on the Green(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$372
US$283
  • Breakfast included
US$334
US$294
US$365
Renaissance Hotels
  • Pool
Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$131
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Arlington Hotel O'Connell Bridge(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$197
US$186
  • Restaurant
Clayton Hotel Burlington Road(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$144
The Merrion Hotel(Dublin)
US$347
US$326
Travelocity
Excellent 5/5
1,599 results
All reviewstrinity collegegrafton streetgreat locationirish parliamentleinster housenational librarygovernment buildingscharming hotelquiet streettriple roomwithin walking distancetemple barpublic areasrooms are smallthree nightscentral locationbar food
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 January 2012

The hotel is in a great location, really handy. A few things irritated me though... the hotel went into my credit card a few weeks after I paid the booking deposit, and took the entire amount for the room out of it, which I did not expect to have to pay until the morning after my stay. I also asked the porter to simply put some paper or something to stop the bedroom window from rattling while I was away for the evening, which he said he would, but on return it hadn't been done and therefore I had to stuff the window with tissue paper which didnt work either way. Disappointing but otherwise a nice stay, the breakfast was lovely apart from having to witness an older staff member give out to a younger waitress in front of everyone...poor girl!

Room Tip: I asked for a large room and even though it was clean it was just enough for three people, and two had to share a double bed... not ideal.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank sinead2380
buswellsmanager, General Manager at Buswells Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2012

Thank you Sinead2380 for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay with us at Buswells Hotel and it is regretful to read that you did not fully enjoy your time with us.
I have raised the issue with regards to the bedroom window with our maintenance department and they assure me that this has now been repaired.
The terms of the Advance Purchase package you booked, require guests cards to be charged the full price at the time of booking. We also send an email to guests once we have taken this payment confirming their booking details.
We do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you to the Buswells Hotel again in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 19 January 2012

On behalf of Ireland Stand Up we would like to thank all the staff for a wonderful stay. It was an excellent venue for our briefing. The staff is its greatest asset. Dee is a wonderful conference organiser, we are very grateful for her expertise. The receptionist was delightful and was helpful on all occasions. Barbara is the soul of the restaurant and was wonderful at multitasking and made all our supporters feel welcome. All the staff were professional and helpful on all occasions. Thank you for such a memorable stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank IrelandStandUp
buswellsmanager, General Manager at Buswells Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2012

Thank you for your wonderful review and for taking the time to do so. We are delighted that your event was a success and that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed your wonderful comments to Dee, Barbara and all our staff. We do hope to welcome you to Buswells Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 16 January 2012

Stayed here whilst visiting Dublin for a party. Check-in very helpful and friendly. I had requested a quiet room but found myself at the front of the hotel above the street with single glazing and the heating didn't work. However the night porter helped me move and provided me with a heater - very helpful. New room was pleasant and bed and pillows very comfortable. Still needed the heater though as the main radiator didn't work but it didn't spoil my stay. Rooms beginning to look a bit tired and in need of TLC but very clean nonetheless. The air coach from the airport stops opposite hotel so easy to find but a 4-500yd walk for return stop. Excellent location for shops and attractions all within very easy walking distance. Breakfast was OK and breakfast room very comfortable.

Room Tip: If you want quiet ask for a back room.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank TST-7
buswellsmanager, General Manager at Buswells Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2012

Thank you TST-7 for taking the time to review Buswells Hotel following your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will make sure that the heater in that room is repaired immediately.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Buswells in the near future.

Reviewed 5 January 2012

We stayed here as we were attending a wedding nearby. Check in was good, made even better by being upgraded to a suite. It was quite a trek to our room. Not suitable for someone with reduced mobility. Room was very large with seperate bedroom and living area. Bed was comfy and room was in very good condition.
It is a very traditional hotel but that made it quite charming. Breakfast was good.
Would stay here again as rate was very good. Great location aswell.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DublinCoopers
buswellsmanager, General Manager at Buswells Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2012

Many thanks for taking the time to post your comments following your recent stay. I am gald that you enjoyed your stay.
We are delighted you enjoyed your time at Buswells Hotel. Hopefully you will have the opportunity to visit again in the future.

Reviewed 3 January 2012

We had the pleasure of staying here just after Christmas and were really happy with our choice.
The lobby area is BEAUTIFUL and is the perfect place to sit at the fire with a nightcap.
Our room was comofortable and all 3 of us slept soundly.
There is a very nice bar and the bar food was very nice and reasonably priced. The breakfast next morning was top drawer.
If I had to find a fault, the bathroom in our room was cold but surely it is a mark of how nice you feel about a hotel that you can happily overlook a small matter given that everything else was so good.
We paid €113, B+B for 2 adults and a child and we consider this a very fair price for our experience in Buswells.
In a nutshell- we'll be back !

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank GotaFamilyNow
buswellsmanager, General Manager at Buswells Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2012

Good Evening Gotafamilynow,

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback on your recent stay at Buswells. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and our relaxing surroundings. I will ensure that the Bathroom heating in that room is rectified straight away.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Buswells in the near future.

Paul Gallagher