Globetrotters Tourist Hostel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Dublin
See available hotels
  • Breakfast included
Maple Hotel(Dublin)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 December 2011

I went there for 2 nights. It is very clean, well located and the Full Irish Breakfast included every monrning is great! Only 11 euros for a 12 bed dormitory with that breakfast, it's the perfect deal. The room was really well 'designed' such as you don't feel stuck one bed over an other with 11 strangers. Security very good. Don't hesitate, it is nice clean and safe!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Melissa T
Reviewed 9 December 2011

We came back three times during our travels in Ireland. Free wifi (and it's actually good), free bbq during the week, very affordable beds, friendly staff, delicious breakfast and a great location (near the bus station and a lot of great things to see.) I would be happy to make it my hub hostel again.

Room Tip: We actually preferred the largest mixed dorms in the basement - cheaper and never full when we were there in prime season. (My wife, my son and I all loved it.)
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 October 2011

You know how you psych yourself up for a hotel room to be smaller/ crappier/ generally more depressing than the pictures you saw online? Well, that DIDN'T HAPPEN with Globetrotters! Our room was actually better than we anticipated: cosy, warm, spacious and with a realllllly good shower. We were in Dublin for a few days at the last minute and needed somewhere reasonably priced to stay - and while the word "hostel" had our expectations pretty low, it was easily one of the best hostels I've stayed in, and much more like a guest house. Old school vibes, friendly staff, free wifi in the computer area, great full Irish breaky! We stayed in a twin ensuite room but the $ was still really reasonable. Plus walking distance to everything including the airport shuttle bus. Top marks guys.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank friggen_awesome
Reviewed 4 October 2011

Stayed 2 nights in this hostel and I was not disappointed by the reviews had read before. We slept in a mixed dormitory wich was comfortable enough. The staff was very friendly and helpul. The breakfast is a good surprise (buffet like in a hotel). Moreover, this hostel is located just next to one of the bus stop which go to the airport and it's not too far from Temple bar. Complete service for a really reasonable price. I will definetely recommend this accomodation.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Supercame
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Stayed 2 nights on a last minute trip. Check in was nice, we got there early and dropped our bags in luggage storage. Upon entering the dorm, I was immediately hit by a strong musty odor. The rest of the hostel did not smell this way, just the dorm. Beds are bunk beds, which the front desk assigns. There is very little room anywhere to put your stuff. One bed had a drawer u could put a lock on, the top bunk did not. Beds are close together. Now the worst part, the bathroom. There was a door to the bathroom/shower and sink. You could lock the toilet area, but there was no door for the shower/sink. The door to the bathroom area did not lock. So basically you have to shower and dress and hope no one walks in on you and no one can use the toilet while someone is showering. Shower did nor drain at all. You would be standing in 4" of water and then it would overflow to the floor. Also, I stepped in a pool of urine in front of the toilet. Breakfast is full Irish breakfast. I'm not a huge fan, but was convenient. No wifi in dorm room. You can get it in the breakfast area. Hostel is 5 min walk from bus station, 10 min walk to Temple Bar area. I think there must be better hostels in Dublin, but price was good here.

Room Tip: Not dorm E
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple