See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

1 star is actually being generous. This place is the worst place I have ever stepped in. I thought because it was in the highly sought after area of Temple Bar we would be on to a winner. But I was horribly wrong. The room was really dated , scratched furniture, holes in walls, tissue stuffed in air vent, mouldy bathroom, dirty carpet that had obviously not seen a vacuum in a long while. Then there was the double bed... dirt marks on the top of the sheet, and when I pulled the quilt back there was HUMAN FAECES smeared in the quilt sheets! Obviously the room had not been cleaned since the previous guests ( and that's a generous assumption). We left immediately and demanded a refund. We booked well in advanced and paid €290 for a 2 night stay in a double room. We went to Blooms hotel round the corner 100% nicer and cheaper.

Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

The hotel is basic and fine for a lads night if you want somewhere to just get us head down. Under no circumstances is it a place of bring a partner or children. The reception staff were pleasant and friendly. The rooms are grand. Next door is a club where the doorman can only be described as a jumped up steroid head with a bee in his bonnet. He refused us entry and then followed us in to the hotel telling us we weren't staying there even though we were. A very dissapointing end to a great evening leaving. Checking out was the highlight as he wasn't there thankfully

Reviewed 23 September 2018

Horrible, horrible horrible. Would not stay for free. The worst place I have EVER SEEN. Walked out and after fighting with management, got a refund. It stinks, the elevator doesn't work. The room looks NOTHING like the picture and was so tiny it would not fit our luggage let alone us. The place was stripped, no blanket, no nothing, carpets were thread bare, disgusting.

Room Tip: Don't it's awful
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank mariahfarm
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

Before booking I have read some comments about the “loud noise” (From the pub inside the premises) and poor cleanliness but wasn’t ready for what I experienced ...

PROS
- Amazing location, in Temple Bar, next to all major attractions (St Patrick’s, Christ Church, the river, Bars etc), transportation (Bus stop to the airport in 400m)
- Very NICE and helpful staff (Both were extremely polite and gave me good tips for the city)

CONS
- Very DIRTY (common areas), the carpet in the room, lights were never cleaned (photos), bathroom floor, walls.
- IMPOSSIBLE TO SLEEP, extremely loud music from the pub in the basement till 3:00pm. Room’s door was shacking (rather “dancing” to the music)
- Elevator is (probably) NEVER working... get ready for lots of luggage carrying upstairs....
- Unreasonable check in times ... Arrived at 12:30pm and was told that I could check in after 15:00pm. On my way out, I was asked to vacate the room at 11:00 am !!

The rooms are small (13sqm) but that’s written on the site, the other “experiences” aren’t....

Out of all the attractions I strongly suggest:

- National Museum of Ireland, Kildare Street. To get a “feeling” for Ireland’s history from 2000Bc to 1500Ad
- Guinness Museum!!

It’s a pity such an asset to be so badly managed...

SO IN A NUTSHELL, DON’T STAY UNLESS YOU ARE A PARTY GOING TEENAGER ......

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

We walked into the room and it smelled of pure bleach (a good sign of cleanliness maybe?) but it was not so. Mouldy bathroom, mouldy show curtain, just dirty. The bleach small was the amount of bleach left in the bath. We turned the shower on and it started bubbling away. Had we have just hopped in we’d have burnt our feet!

The bedroom; tiny, dirty, could hardly squeeze round the bed to the other side. Bits all over the floor, bed is useless if you’re taller than 5ft 6” you’re feet dangle out the bottom. The window wouldn’t close so we were freezing and the tv didn’t work. I reported the tv to reception and they simply dismissed me. Someone else reported it too and got the same attitude.

This is the best bit; fire alarm at 2am! The room has a fire bell so you can imagine the reaction when that woke us up. Hotel staff said nothing and we’re very quick to check us out when we made a run for it at 3am.

Nightclub music banging all night as well

Don’t book, save yourself the hassle. The Irish hotel industry is better than this place, it needs inspecting as I’m sure it would be shut down!