2,927 results
All reviews temple bar across the river great location warm cookies within walking distance double tree modern hotel junior suite trinity college excellent hotel would definitely stay here again dublin castle street noise guinness storehouse would highly recommend this hotel central location we arrived early
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Beautiful hotel in a wonderfully central location in Dublin and literally, seemed like everything was within a 10 minute walk from the hotel. Quite at night and well laid out. We celebrated our anniversary while there and the hotel made it extra special and when we encountered a problem with the room, the hotel was able to switch our rooms quite rapidly. Maria at the front desk was quite helpful in resolving the hotel room issue and appreciated the follow up the next morning from Piotr. The only improvement I would note was check in which took longer to get a room than anticipated. I would definitely stay at the Morrison again.

Date of stay: November 2018
AurelieS250, Manager at The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Jayhawk1992,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review,
I am pleased to read that you have had an enjoyable stay and congratulations on your anniversary.

I will share your kind words with our team an particularly Maria and Piotr.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the no too distant future,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Hotel was awesome, service could not have been any better.....lovely rooms and wonderful breakfast.......I will definitely stay here the next time I’m in Dublin. Very easy to get a taxi to go out on the town, many shops and restaurants in the area.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Suzanne B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review.

We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay at The Morrison.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future,

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This is the most guest-friendly hotel I've ever been to. And I've been around the world and have stayed in amazing hotels. To begin, Fiona, at the front desk was incredible. When my room was ready, she tracked me down in the restaurant and handed me my keys. Who does that? Fiona does! Then, Hugh was extraordinarily helpful in handling the tech for a day-long meeting, and in making sure we got materials printed up for the event. The Halo staff were lovely. Always attentive and fun. The room itself was immaculate and comfortable. And the location was perfect, right on the Liffey. Can't say enough about the Morrison Hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
AurelieS250, Deputy General Manager at The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Nora B,

Thank you for choosing The Morrison Hotel on your previous visit to Dublin and for taking the time to share your feedback. I will share your kind comments with Fiona, Hugh and my colleagues.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future,

Reviewed 5 November 2018

I stayed with my family at the Morrison for an all-too-brief visit to Dublin. For this reason, I tried to choose lodging very carefully. As a family with 3 celiacs, research and planning are very important. Perhaps you are in the same situation, and perhaps this review can help you.

You already spend a disproportionate amount of time planning meals. Hopefully, the hotel can provide some modicum of relief from that. The Morrison does this with both location and offerings. They offer a gluten free afternoon tea, which we did not try, but just the fact that they made the gesture of offering it, was enough to make me happy.

The rooms are clean and prices are commensurate with lodging in the area. Staff are friendly and competent. We got two rooms for our family, and they were next door to each other as requested.They were not ready one millisecond before 3 PM, but, it seems to be a seller's market when it comes to travel these days.

The highlight feature of this hotel is the location, Across the river from the "action", it is not far at all and easy to navigate. It's almost directly across from the Temple Bar area. Within walking distance, we found two great gluten free restaurants which I will review separately; Boxty House and Millstone. Both of these are just across the HaPenny Bridge and are a nice walk. Wimpy me was able to do it in high heels, that's how close it is.

For our family, the real pay dirt was the proximity to a hidden shopping center called the jervis center. in this center are a M&S food hall and a Tesco, both of which are a metaphorical pot of gold when it came to gluten free groceries. We were able to load up on breads, prepared foods, anything we needed for picnic eating and snacks. Stuff we don't find in the US. The Jervis Center is not easily visible from the outside, but it's across from the Leprechaun Museum , you can find it if you look carefully and take the escalator in.

I would absolutely stay in this hotel again. As celiac travelers, we don't have as many choices, and the proximity to safe food made this a huge win in Dublin.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Holly C,

Thank you for choosing The Morrison Hotel on your previous visit and for taking the time to share your experience.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and that next time you can try our wonderful gluten free afternoon tea!

Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

I seriously can't say enough nice things about this hotel and their staff. Will be my go to hotel for my yearly Dublin trips.

Location location location: centrally located to the Temple Bar district and other attractions.

The hotel: lobby is inviting, bright, and modern. Restaurant and bar are right off the street.

The room: on the small side (this part is for you Americans expecting a big room) but just enough size for 2 in a twin room. Lots of lighting. They have directions in the room for turning off the light under the coffee pot. Tv has chromecast so you can play Netflix and such from your phone. Showerhead is awesome and waterfall like. Beds are comfortable. Towels are huge!

The restaurant bar: good food at the regular prices you expect at a hotel bar. No surprises. The only complaint was the temperature? But that was every place in Dublin we went to. Extremely hot inside despite the temperature outside. Staff offered to fix the issue. Mixed bag of people which is fun.

The staff: I can't say enough about them. Stefan (?), Jason, Sam, night auditor (can't remember his darn name but worked on November 4/5. That were awesome and went completely out of their way to make our stay exceptional. From dealing with our extreme tiredness, hunger, jetlag, and just plain obnoxious they excelled at their jobs. We are planning on making a yearly trip to Dublin and plan on making this hotel our home base. Whatever you're doing is working!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
AurelieS250, Owner at The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Stacey W,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review.

We are delighted that you have had such an enjoyable stay. I will ensure to share your ind comments with our colleagues and particularly Stefan, Jason, Sam and Papa.

We do hope to have the chance to welcome you back in the near future,