7 people are viewing this hotel
PricelineUS$446
Hotels.comUS$445
HurbUS$461
4,519 results
All reviews cellar bar garden room art collection the main house understated elegance afternoon tea public rooms beautiful hotel national gallery turn down service five star hotel grafton street trinity college meriton concierge doorman ireland
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 August 2022

We stayed at the Merrion for 3 nights in July, and we loved it. It's reasonably priced, in a great location in Dublin with wonderful service. The bed and room was very comfortable. Don't miss going to O'Donahue's pub which is a hundred yards away for great music and company.

Date of stay: July 2022
General Manager, General Manager at The Merrion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2022

Dear Clambake33

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

We were delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay and hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 2 August 2022

We stayed at the Merrion for three nights in July and were greeted very pleasantly by everyone upon our late morning arrival. While waiting for our room, we had coffee outside in the courtyard. Our superior, king accommodation was nicely appointed and overlooked the garden that was lovely. The bathroom was very spacious with double sinks and separate bath and shower.

The buffet and menu breakfast, that was in the Garden Room restaurant, offered many choices. We, also, had dinner there two nights and the selections were excellent. The service and staff were what you would expect at a property of this level.

The location was in walking distance of many major attractions and I would not hesitate to recommend or stay at the Merrion on any future visit to Dublin.

Room tip: The Superior, KIng, Garden Wing rooms are beautiful.
Date of stay: July 2022
General Manager, General Manager at The Merrion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2022

Dear JANDAVIS08

Thank you very much for your wonderful review on TripAdvisor.

Your kind comments about the hotel and my colleagues are very much appreciated and make what we do all the more worthwhile.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 29 July 2022

We stayed here for the first three nights we were in Dublin. I trust Tripadvisors' reviews and therefore booked the Merrion.
We endured quite a few problems upon an attempted check-in. I do understand that rooms may not be ready at 12:30. After talking to the woman at reservations, who kept giving us different times for possible room availability- 1 p.m., 1:30 p.m., 2. 2:30, we, as the last of the visitors awaiting checkin received our keys 3:30.
A guideline for training of staff-teach your employees not to assume check in times. Giving guests false hope and trying to please them is unprofessional. When in doubt, ask your manager for help.
I do not expect to receive service like this from one of the "Leading Hotels of the World".
When we saw our room, we were underwhelmed. Our view was of a brick wall.
The room itself is in desperate need of refurbishment and renovation.
You charge way too much to provide such a dated ambiance.
Yes, the area is great. Yes the garden is stunning. Yes the lounge for afternoon tea is beautiful.
Yes the bar is quaint. However, I had to send my Bloody Mary back twice, as the bartender didn't know how to make one.
To their credit, the manager on duty did provide us wit complimentary breakfasts because of the difficulties we experienced upon check in.
Dublin is a very expensive city. Hotels needs to pull up their socks and provide a much more current and professional experience to warrant such extreme pricing.

Date of stay: June 2022
3  Thank Katherine E C
Management response:Responded 30 July 2022

Dear Katherine E C,

Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor.

Whilst I was delighted to read how highly you spoke about the services and facilities of the hotel, I was naturally disappointed to hear about your Check In experience and the allocation of your room. Please be rest assured we have taken your comments on board, and I have spoken with our Front of House Manager who also wishes to extend their apologies.

We are continually striving to improve on our guest experiences and the services we offer, and your feedback is vital so as to maintain this. If you wish to discuss your experience in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me on generalmanager@merrionhotel.com so I can address these concerns further.

It was our pleasure to look after you and I sincerely hope that we will have the privilege of welcoming you back to The Merrion,

Your sincerely,

Reviewed 28 July 2022 via mobile

We enjoyed our one night visit here. Yes, the prices are high, but for the price I expected a nice hotel with good service and this is exactly what I got. From the moment you arrive, your baggage is whisked away and checking in was easy. Our room wasn’t ready yet and we were told they would call when it was (they did call later).

Once we came back later, we were walked to our room and someone showed us a few things about the room. The hotel itself is beautiful and clean. Our room was the most basic category, but was nice and had a bathtub. No view, but the location is quiet and fairly central without it being right in the middle of chaos. The bed was very comfortable.

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank zeppgirl
General Manager, General Manager at The Merrion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2022

Dear Zeppgirl

Thank you for your very kind comments posted recently on TripAdvisor.

We were genuinely delighted to see how much you enjoyed your experiences throughout the Hotel and hope that it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 28 July 2022 via mobile

I stayed in the Merrion Hotel with two friends. What can I say, as it was so perfect. The staff, the beautiful rooms, the food and garden are simply perfect. I mistakenly thought I lost something in my room and all of the staff were beyond kind and helpful particularly the manager Fiachra. We are planning our next trip already.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Enna45

Thank you very much for your wonderful review on TripAdvisor.