3,905 results
All reviews cellar restaurant garden wing art collection the main house art tea patrick guilbaud government buildings drawing room public rooms beautiful hotel national gallery turn down service five star hotel grafton street trinity college meriton concierge
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I spent 3 nights at the Merrion in Dublin. Arriving early after a transatlantic flight, our room was not ready (we were offered shower facilities in the spa), so we hit the town. A couple of hours later, we received a text from the hotel indicating that our room was ready (very helpful).
We received an unexpected room upgrade to a very nice suite (Merrion suite). The furnishings and fittings in the room were very pleasant, and the room was quite comfortable. There was a large living room overlooking the beautiful garden (this is probably one of the few places where I found a garden view better than a city/street view) with a couch, coffee table, armchair and desk. There was a separate bedroom, and the bathroom had both a large bathtub and a separate shower stall. Everything was very clean and well-maintained.
We ate twice in the Garden Room restaurant. The food and service were both very good. We had a lovely afternoon "art" tea in the Drawing Room by a lovely fireplace. The pastry chef makes the sweet pastries based on some of the artwork in the hotel!
The indoor pool is a nice place to relax after touring.
ALL of the (international) staff are very friendly and helpful. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would wholeheartedly recommend this hotel.

Room tip: Don't be put off by a "garden view" room. The garden is lovely!
Date of stay: November 2018
1  Thank wanderlustnyc45
Merrion_Hotel_Dublin, General Manager at The Merrion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

I was delighted to read your kind comments about my colleagues and the facilities here at the Hotel and so pleased that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us.

I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to stay with us again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Found this delightful cellar bar when looking to escape the cold. Fab bar, friendly staff and food was delicious . The burgers looked amazing and apparently tasted as good as they looked as the 2 males with me did them justice , large portion. Will be on the list to re visit on the next trip to Dublin.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Merrion_Hotel_Dublin, General Manager at The Merrion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the lovely review posted recently and for taking the time to tell us of your recent visit to The Cellar Bar.

I was so pleased to read how much you enjoyed your experience and I have shared this with the team in The Cellar Bar who were most appreciative to hear your comments.

We are delighted to hear that you will be returning to us when you next visit Dublin and we look forward to welcoming you then.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a wonderful stay at this remarkable Hotel. The staff are so friendly and go above and beyond what I had expected. It was my wifes 50th Birthday and we received an upgrade to a mini suite which was exceptionally thoughtful. A complimentary glass of wine was a lovely touch as we waited to be checked in. The rooms as one would imagine are so perfectly turned out. The meal in the Garden restaurant was super. We'll definately return!

Date of stay: November 2018
Review collected in partnership with The Leading Hotels of the World

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the lovely review posted recently and for taking the time to tell us of your recent stay and your visit to The Garden Room.

On behalf of everybody here, thank you for your very kind comments; it really makes it all worthwhile when somebody enjoys a visit as much as you did.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you return to Dublin.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The location, venue, staff hospitality and general ambience and quality of this venue is really something special and a credit to all involved as this level of output does not happen by accident. Well done!

Date of stay: September 2018
Review collected in partnership with The Leading Hotels of the World

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the wonderful review posted recently and for taking the time to tell us of your experience with us.

I have already shared your kind words with the entire team here and they all join me in thanking you. I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed in Rm. 380 in the middle of September. I probably wouldn't be posting this review were it not for the commentary of the reviewer who had such a different experience than mine. First of all, for the leading hotel in a capital city in the EU, the Merrion is doggone inexpensive. Perhaps that is as should be, and in general, for an American, accustomed to prices in other EU capital cities, all of Dublin is quite inexpensive. But the room I had was enormous, exceptionally well equipped and was well priced for what it was. The so-called tea towels are those found in every deluxe hotel when the room is made up for the evening.
The doctor and I have dramatically different tastes. The entrance to the Merrion is elegant in the most tasteful way. And there are plenty of reception rooms of considerable elegance to be found adjacent to the entrance. I certainly had no trouble whatsoever with my breakfast orders-nor did anyone else.
As to finding one's way to the pool, I truly hope the doctor does a better job with patients. Honestly, the first time I went to the pool I called for some one to show me where it was. In about 60 seconds or less, someone came to escort me to the pool. After I was escorted once, it wasn't that much of a chore to find the pool the other days I used it. And what a beautiful pool with water at just the right temperature. An expected luxury in a big city hotel.
But the main reason I am writing is to thank everyone who was kind enough to make my stay memorable. I have stayed in deluxe big city hotels for much of my life. There are some that offer this level of style and comfort. But none who offer this level of attention to detail and service. I must especially commend the staff who set up my laptop and made sure I was able to work comfortably and the concierge who arranged my dining program. But everyone was so eager to please. Please accept my compliments on providing the best of the best for a big city hotel.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review following your recent stay with us which I was delighted to read.

Thank you for your warm and positive feedback which I have shared with all the team here. It is extremely heartening to read your words of praise for my colleagues as each and every one of them strive to provide a memorable experience for our guests.

Thanks again for your kind words.