3,804 results
All reviewscellar restaurantgarden wingart collectionthe main houseart teapatrick guilbaudhighly recommend the merriongovernment buildingsdrawing roompublic roomsbeautiful hotelnational galleryturn down servicefive star hotelsteam roomgrafton streettrinity college
Reviewed 20 February 2018

This is my second stay at the Merrion. I enjoy the combination of old and new world, the excellent service, location and spa facility. The new restaurant (garden room) has been a nice addition. Highly recommended

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with The Leading Hotels of the World
Merrion_Hotel_Dublin, General Manager at The Merrion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us at The Merrion and for your wonderful feedback.

I have shared your encouraging comments with all the team here who join me in thanking you. We are all genuinely delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much and we look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back to stay with us again very soon.

Reviewed 20 February 2018

Returned to the Merrion for a 3 night stay and it was just as wonderful as I remembered it. This place epitomises warm hospitality and an efficient attention to detail that makes this possibly the best hotel I have ever stayed in. The hotel was completely full one of the nights we were there, but the same quiet calm pervaded the hotel and my sleep was deep and uninterrupted as it was each of the nights we stayed. Rooms are spacious and fabulously appointed with everything you can think of needing. The cleaning staff do a wonderful job refreshing the rooms each day and it was truly a pleasure to come back to the room at the end of each busy day.. I left a 10 euro tip one morning by the bedside but when we returned to the room, it was still there. The cleaning staff wouldn't take it it!!! That is the style of this place. Valet service for our rental car was always quick and efficient -- the car waiting for us at the kerb every time within 5 minutes of our request. Finally, I realized after I checked out that I had left my retainer behind on my bedstand by accident. Within 24 hours, they had it forwarded on to me by registered post, free of charge. I just love this place and would never even consider staying anywhere else while in Dublin.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem good here and I don't think you can go wrong. I stay in the Garden wing which is less expensive but lacks for nothing
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read your wonderful comments about the service and facilities here at the Hotel and I have shared them with all my colleagues. It really makes it all worthwhile when somebody enjoys a stay as much as you did and I am glad you felt so warmly welcomed and that you plan on returning soon.

We look forward to that occasion and we hope that your visit then will be as memorable as this one.

Thanks again for your kind words.

Reviewed 20 February 2018

I returned to The Merrion after many years staying elsewhere. I stayed for four nights last week and it was wonderful. The staff are most accommodating, rooms very comfortable, lovely ambiance and relaxing

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the fantastic review and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

On behalf of everybody here, thank you for your kind comments which I have shared with the entire team. I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

The Merrion is a beautiful, elegant and classic hotel, combined with modern facilities.
My room was large and beautifully furnished, the bed incredibly comfortable and bathrobe and slippers so soft.
I only stayed one night on business but would love to come back for a weekend with my husband.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the wonderful review posted recently and for taking the time to tell us of your experience with us.

I have already shared your kind words with the entire team here and they all join me in thanking you. I am delighted that your bedroom and amenities there provided a comfortable and relaxing ambience for you.

I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

This truly is one of the gracious, great hotels of the world. Not ostentatious. But a place of unbounded hospitality and great competence. It is not a place to see and be seen. Rather, it is a place in which one can relax and enjoy not being seen.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the encouraging review and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again and that you have another relaxing and enjoyable stay with us at The Merrion.