US$260
US$236
  • Restaurant
Clayton Hotel Burlington Road(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$247
US$157
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$226/night.

US$248
US$184
US$135
Croke Park Hotel
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$158/night.

US$168
US$153
  • Pool
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$206/night.

US$298
US$227
Official Site
US$238
US$212
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Generator Hostel Dublin(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$167
Hotels.com
US$443
US$422
Westbury Hotel
3,764 results
All reviewscellar restaurantgarden wingart collectionthe main houseart teapatrick guilbaudhighly recommend the merriongovernment buildingsdrawing roompublic roomsbeautiful hotelnational galleryturn down servicefive star hotelsteam roomgrafton streettrinity college
Reviewed 6 June 2012

We booked the Merrion after seeing it rated as #1 on Trip Advisor. It was a fortunate choice. The hotel website shows a room rate which is fairly high, but then, if you scroll down, you can find offers for room plus breakfast and dinner for only an additional 20 Euros. Too good to pass up.
Everything at the Merrion is absolutely first class from the friendly reception, to the beautiful rooms, the indoor pool and the outstanding food and drink. Everyone on staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome and comfortable. I'm not sure when we're returning to Dublin, but when we do, the Merrion will be our first choice.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Garyverde

Dear Garyverde,

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it. I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 6 June 2012

I have stayed a number at times at The Merrion over the past ten years and am always without exception, hugely impressed by the staff and management of this hotel. Nothing is ever too much trouble and the sense of welcome is second to none.
The product itself is exceptionnal and reminds me of the Hotel Bristol in Paris, another outstanding hotel. The art in the hotel is nothing short of breathtaking and the time and effort put into the design and attention to detail is what putsthis hotel above the rest in Dublin.
We had rooms service breakfast, which has to be the best way to start a weekend morning.Wed did not eat in the restaurant this time round, but I have to say that I have never had anything other than a great experience there and in the Cellar Bar, one of the most amospehric places to enjoy a pint of the black stuff. well done to all at the Merrion and Thanks.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Denis M

Dear Denis M,

Many thanks for the absolutely wonderful review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

On behalf of everybody here, thank you for your very kind comments about the team here at The Merrion. I must say we get a great “buzz” when we read comments like yours; it really makes it all worthwhile when somebody enjoys a visit as much as you did. We are honoured that The Merrion continues to be your hotel of choice when you visit Dublin and I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 5 June 2012

great atmosphere,attentive staff,open fire and great food.

Room Tip: book early and ask to be by the fire
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank VintageVida

Dear VintageVida,

Many thanks for the wonderful review posted recently and for taking the time to tell us of your experience with us.

I have already shared your kind words with the entire team here and they all join me in thanking you. I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 5 June 2012

We stayed here last night as a treat for my wife as it was her birthday. I had booked a queen size room and when we arrived we were up graded to an executive suite which was fantastic, the staff are all professional and friendly and have a very high standard of hospitality,the location is in the middle of Dublin so its very easy to get around to the sights of this beautiful city, When we got back to the hotel in the afternoon we had a lovely suprise waiting in our room a complimentry bottle of champane and choclate on a plate with happy birthday written on the plate for my wife, we were delighted and very impressed and would recommend this hotel in a heartbeat. We had dinner in the Cellar restaurant and it was so tasty and plentiful and again the staff were fantastic, It is brilliant hotel and well worth the money so go on and spoil yourself in this gem of a hotel you wont be dissapointed!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tipperarymartin

Dear Tipperarymartin,

Many thanks for the absolutely fantastic review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

On behalf of everybody here, thank you for your very kind comments. I am delighted that your wife’s birthday was an enjoyable and memorable occasion.

I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again and may I take this opportunity to wish your wife a belated “Happy Birthday” from everybody here. Perhaps we can entice you to come back for your next special occasion!

Reviewed 4 June 2012

My mum and I decided to stop here for the Merrion Afternoon 'Art' Tea. We have been to quite a few afternoon teas and this is by far the best and most interesting!

When we first arrived our table was laid out for us, with three small picture cards. The girl who greeted us explained that the tea would be served in two courses - firstly the 3-tiered cake tray filled with sandwiches, cakes and scones and then a serving of 3 miniture desserts based on the 3 pictures we had on the table.

When the first course arrived I couldnt believe the amount of food there was for just the two of us..there were 5 sandwiches each, three small scones each and 4 cakes each..all accompanied by raspberry jam, clotted cream and lemon curd, and of course our own choice of tea. The staff were great..we got a pot of each and the staff ensured our cups were never emtpy! We couldnt manage to eat all the scones and cakes and the staff packaged them up in a lovely 'Merrion Pantry' bag for us to take home.

The second course was amazing..we got 3 small desserts each on a lovely decorated tray. The guy who presented the dessert for us explained each of the desserts and how they represent the artwork. It looked too good to eat lol!! And even though we were extremely full up from the first course, we did manage the desserts and they were absolutely delicious!! They were so full of flavour and were the perfect ending to the meal.

Overall the staff were fantastic! The food was out of this world! and the setting in the Drawing Rooms was perfect. I would definitely go back here. We were told the 'art' desserts change each day so it would always be a new surprise!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank stoopid585

Dear stoopid585,

I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your experience at Art Afternoon Tea and I will pass on your very kind comments to my colleagues in our Drawing Rooms and the Pastry Chef. I hope it is not too long before you return to us again.