2,316 results
All reviews city centre ivy house croke park close to the airport dublin airport bus stop executive room bar food family room reception staff lovely hotel hotel bar reception area visiting dublin o'connell street buses taxi
Reviewed 7 February 2018

I have not stayed in this hotel but I visit regularly as a non-resident for evening meals (I live in Dublin),.
The evening meals in the bar / grill are outstanding - easily on a par with any up-scale city centre restaurant.

Like all the other Brian McEniff Group hotels, it's spotlessly clean with great customer service - see my other reviews of their hotels in Sligo and Bundoran.

Room Tip: Can't comment - only visited as non-resident
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
DubSkylonHotel, General Manager at Dublin Skylon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

Dear C_Morris_howth

We really appreciate your lovely review. I am blessed with a wonderful team who are passionate about our food and customer service. It is nice when they get a review like this. drop me an e-mail when you are next coming and we will organise a little treat!

smcgavock@dublinskylonhotel.com

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

Nice clean & spacious room at the Skylon. Great location and close to lots of very nice bars & restaurants. Beds were comfortable & room was very quiet. Easy to get to the city and the airport. Free parking too. Very good value - would definitely recommend.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business

Dear Cian H

Many thanks for your 5 star review - you are most kind. Thanks for the recommendation and we hope you return soon

Reviewed 4 February 2018

Very friendly staff who were helpful in every way. The hotel is situated right on the main road from the airport or M1 from the north. There are a number of buses from right outside the hotel to the city centre ... ten minutes.....(or the airport). The hotel is of good standard, nice room and the prices for lunch / dinner were good

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Mcdonut17

You are most kind to take the time to review our hotel. We really appreciate the recommendation and hope to have you with us again soon

Reviewed 29 January 2018

As the title says, Great hotel and fantastic staff (and I should know)
I've been working over in Dublin for the last 8 months. I fly out on a Monday and return home to Yorkshire for the weekend.
I've stayed at the Skylon during this period.
I have to say, the rooms are well kept, clean and with facilities to make a brew.
The restaurant food is very well priced for Dublin and the quality is excellent.
All the reception staff are professional, friendly and very helpful. With good local knowledge, which is useful if you are new to Dublin.
A special mention has to go out to Saskia and Alex on reception, they are a credit to the hotel and do a Stirling job as the face of the hotel. A good front of house team can make or break your overall experience when staying at any hotel.
The other person I'd like to personally mention is Sinead, she's part of the restaurant team. Again, friendly, chatty and highly professional.
All in all, I'd recommend staying here to anyone planning a visit, you are 2.5 miles from the city centre, which is only 10 mins by taxi or bus.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank Paul B

Dear Paul B

You have really made our day with your lovely review. It has been a pleasure to have you with us for the last 8 months and we will all miss you. Thanks for giving Saskia, Alex and Sinead a special mention; they are Rock Stars. Make sure you come back to visit us!

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

Great staff, lovely large bedroom, very cosy hotel. Great girls nite out. Very clean hotel and near Dublin . We will be back . Highly recommend this hote. Very good for families too. Nice breakfast and bar is lovely and busy on a sat nite.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Lorraineshortt

It was so nice to have you all for your Girlies night. Thank you so much for your lovely review. We have some cocktails for you to sample on your next trip so book directly through me so we can lead you all astray!

smcgavock@dublinskylonhotel.com