“Good location, friendly staff”

Dublin Skylon Hotel
Ranked #36 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Even the best run hotels can have a problem with a room, it’s how they deal with it that matters. We were seen by the friendly housekeeping manager and moved, and our stray bed socks followed us! Bus 16 & 41 from airport stop outside (buy a Leap card in terminal) Thai restaurant opposite not cheap but excellent, and as well as hotel bar, nearby Cat & Cage does a good pint including craft beers.i Will stay again.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank spikefromsurrey
DubSkylonHotel, General Manager at Dublin Skylon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Spikefromsurrey

How kind of you to post a lovely review considering we had to change your room. Housekeeping Team are all Stars and we appreciate you gave us the opportunity to make things right. They want to get you a beer on you next trip so make sure you book through me. Hope to have you back again soon

smcgavock@dublinskylonhotel.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,085)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Hi everybody
Dublin
We stayed at the hotel for two nights. The room is ok, just it's very hot in it but you have a fan on the table, or else open the window so it's not hot but you have the feeling that your bus passes next too your head.
Room its very clean,bed is great but it was not possible to sleep longer than 8 because construction workers ran, drilled the walls and talked in the corridors.
. Bathroom is too small. Bar,food and staff are nice.The hotel is located near the road so you heard every car and every bus in your room ,another thing if U coming in next 5,10 days in Dublin dont go in this hotel or stay on another side of hotel.
5, 6 rooms and the outside part of the hotel is being renovated.There's a huge noise like you're at a railway station and not at a hotel.
During my booking they did not let me know that the hotel was renovated so it was the s huge minus for the hotel manager.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Goran P

Dear Goran P

Such a pity you did not let us know that the room was too hot as we could have turned the heat down. We are making some of the bathrooms bigger so I apologise for the disruption. You are correct to slam me as it is my job to allocate the rooms so there is no disruption to guests. My bad so I would love the opportunity really spoil you on your next trip. please drop me an e-mail

Gm

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a lovely hotel. It is very spacious and comfortable. It is very near to the city. It is just a short bus ride to the city. It is near to all amenities. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. I would stay there again

Stayed: November 2017

Dear BMARIEM5

Many thanks for your kind review. We are delighted to hear you are returning to us. You can always book directly through me for a special rate

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great spacious room ,nice bar &food highly recommend the staff were helpful & friendly we had a great time carpark to front of hotel bus stop for aer coach outside front of hotel & bus into city center location close to aerport & city so good location

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Celtman67

We do like your 'Brilliant Hotel' title. You are most kind. Book through me when you are next returning as we would like to treat you to something nice!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Visited here with my partner for a celebration weekend and found a fantastic Hotel with the most amazingly friendly staff who truly cared .

On arrival we were welcomed with a glass of Prosecco by Francis who went out of her way to make us feel welcome . We asked if it was possible to book a table and again it was no trouble even arriving mid evening on a Friday.

Arriving at our room we were met with a very spacious and clean room which was perfect for our weekend away .

Arriving at the restaurant we were met by Jade and Nieve who can only be described as stars and a credit to the hotel.

We had an amazing meal and introduced Nieve to champagne cocktails with her joining us at the end of her shift for a drink and a chat.

I have stayed in many hotels and have to say ,the Skylon hotel and the staff is the first hotel I’ve felt sorry to leave and I can say without doubt myself and my partner will be returning soon to Dublin to the Skylon and the fantastic and friendly city.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dorrick

Dear Dorrick

I have to laugh as I read your review; its 9.30 am and Frances is setting up her Prosecco at reception ready to great everyone. I defintely agree that Jade and Niamh are stars. It looks like Niamh pushed hospitality to new heights by joining you for champagne cocktails after her shift. That must have been tough. You guys are definitely 'keepers' so don't dare stay anywhere else. Sure you have to come back to us - Niamh owes you some champagne cocktails!

Gm