8 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$182
PricelineUS$182
Hotels.comUS$182
Official SiteUS$181
TravelocityUS$182
Orbitz.comUS$182
All reviews temple bar elegance room great location beautiful hotel beautiful lobby breakfast room is central location lounge area bars and restaurants one night stay buffet style long weekend next morning dublin castle street noise double room excellent stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 November 2021 via mobile

Sorry to say but NOTHING good for the hotel.
Sanitary broken, the room was not that clean, we ask to change the room because of the noise in the street (very noisy) and the reception pretended to be full, Breakfast room was empty though…
Would never recommend and go back there.
Price is expensive.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
John Markham, General Manager at The Fleet, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2021

Dear marccM6906UZ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of The Fleet. I am very disappointed to read that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. I can assure you the team here would always facilitate a room move if a guest requested it, pending on availability. I do apologise for the shortcomings in your stay and I appreciate your honest feedback which assists us in improving our service for future guests.

Reviewed 6 November 2021 via mobile

Every time I fly into Ireland I will always stay at The Fleet in Dublin as it ticks all the boxes. A Tastefully restored modern luxury hotel that pays homage to its 19th century history with the fine attention to details such as the original fireplace, coving and wooden window shutters in room 156 instead of standard curtains you would expect in a modern hotel.
My en-suite bedroom was perfectly cleaned, well proportioned with a large comfortable bed, double shower and all the modern conveniences you would expect in a Five Star hotel including a large flat screen TV that’s at least 50”. I love the quirky old style telephone and the additional extra power points for charging my laptop, tablet and phone etc.
Located a short walk from O’Connell Bridge on the doorsteps of Templebar it’s the ideal place for the corporate traveler and tourist alike. Nearby is the Fleet Street car park that allows you easy access to all the main traffic routes in and around Dublin.
Opposite the hotel is a Tesco’s for all your forgotten items on the main thoroughfare of Templebar, which is one of the main destination spots in Dublin.
If you feel like exploring the culture and main attractions in Dublin The Fleet is the best place to base yourself as around the corner is the National Wax museum, Trinity College, Stephen’s Green, The GPO, Christchurch Cathedral all within easy walking distance plus The Guinness Storehouse and Jameson Distillery are also easily accessible from here.
All the main shopping and nightlife attractions are all on the Fleet’s doorsteps too.
Within the hotel you will find the 1920’s Bar serving creamy Guinness, tempting cocktails, delicious and tasty fare. Next door opposite the reception desk you can enjoy a nightcap or coffee in an understated sophisticated lounge which is my favorite place to relax.
The breakfast room is downstairs near the business center and I’m delighted to see that despite all the restrictions enforced by the pandemic that a full Irish breakfast is still available with all the safety protocols in place.
All the tables had sanitizer dispensers and the staff were consistently cleaning all the equipment and fixtures. The cereals were individually portioned and wrapped. The flow of guests was well controlled, organized and overall I felt comfortable and safe here and able to enjoy my breakfast at ease.
Aside from all this luxury, I cannot mention the staff and managers enough for all their hospitality, professionalism and friendly service.
And I look forward to returning again very soon

Room tip: Like all Capital cities, Dublin is not adverse to traffic congestion so if you are using a car try to plan around these.
Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Tom,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Fleet Hotel, it is greatly appreciated. It is very pleasing to read the kind comments you have made about our staff and the hotel in general -your feedback has been shared with all the team. I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back for another enjoyable stay in the near future.

Reviewed 5 November 2021 via mobile

Had a great time here. The hotel is on the edge of Temple Bar The few minutes walk to shops at O’Connell Street and Grafton Street.
You can walk to Dublin Castle and the University.
The staff were very friendly and helpful and let us in early and provided us with everything we needed.
The breakfast was excellent. Lots of choice.
Room had everything we needed and if anything was too warm .
Would recommend staying here .

1  Thank jebuc

Dear jebuc,

Thank you for the excellent review of the Fleet Hotel. I am very glad to read that you had an enjoyable stay and I am delighted to read the comments about our breakfast. I really appreciate your kind words about our staff and I hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back for another enjoyable visit in near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 2 November 2021

The main reception is beautiful however that is where it stops. Our room on the second floor felt very outdated and had a horrible damp smell. It was freezing the whole weekend with no way of turning the heating on or off. My partner paid €40 euros for some decorations as it was my birthday and all they supplied was a banner and about 3 balloons. They did however give us a brownie with happy birthday on the plate although it could have been there for a week it tasted that stale. The room was dirty and had paint chipped away on the bathroom walls. The taps were falling apart and Our towels had holes in them. There was no cleaning service the whole time we were there and had to use the holy towel and slept in bed sheets our entire visit. We were right next the elevator which made a Big Bang every time someone used it and could hear every conversation of the people in the corridor. As well as that the noise from the street was so loud we barely had any sleep the whole time. Would not stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2021

Dear F9065RHemilym,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of the Fleet. It is disappointing to read that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. I would like to apologise for the issues that you experienced, this is not the normal standard here at the Fleet. We pride ourselves on exceptional levels of service at the Fleet and I can assure you that we will use your feedback to improve our service for future guests. Once again, my apologies and please don't hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel if there is anything further your wish to discuss.

Reviewed 31 October 2021 via mobile

We had a one night stay. It is a fabulous hotel in a perfect location. Staff are extremely friendly and helpful and the breakfast was delicious. Very clean and the rooms a very nice. Have stayed before and never any complaints and will definately stay again .

Date of stay: October 2021

Dear niamhseberry33,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Fleet, it is appreciated. I am very glad to read that you enjoyed your experience and I am very grateful for your continued patronage of the hotel. It is extremely pleasing to read that you will stay with us again and I look forward to welcoming you back for another enjoyable stay in the near future.

Best regards,