4 people are viewing this hotel
US$228
PricelineUS$272
Hotels.comUS$271
HurbUS$281
All reviews elegance room temple bar perfect location beautiful hotel breakfast room is reception area is recommend this hotel bars and restaurants one night stay long weekend public areas noisy at night excellent stay hotel staff the heart of the city dublin castle o connell street
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 July 2020 via mobile

I've booked this hotel several times but unfortunately never got round to actually stayed. After the lockdown was eased we saw a good deal and thought why not. Firstly, if you are planning a visit during this "new normal" the hotel has made practical and helpful adaptations without removing the charm of the old building and of the accommodation.

Staff were lovely, Pavla on reception was super efficient and friendly. Two great bars and great surroundings. Room was first class, comfy and couldn't fault it. Location is perfect, in the quieter end of Temple Bar and in the heart of the city centre.

Glad we gave this place a go, we will definitely be back.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank NiallMcE
John Markham, General Manager at The Fleet, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2020

Dear NiallMcE,

Thank you for your lovely review of the Fleet Hotel, I am so glad to read that we exceeded your expectations I and will ensure your kind words are shared with all the team. I really appreciate your kind words about Pavla who is extremely happy that you have mentioned her in your review.

I am delighted to read that you found our location excellent for visiting Dublin and I hope we can welcome you back for another enjoyable stay in the near future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 2 July 2020 via mobile

I stayed in an Elegance Double Room the day after hotels reopened after the Covid-19 lockdown. I had fallen in love with the idea of that huge soaking tub and I wasn’t disappointed. Staff were absolutely fantastic, every measure was made to ensure I felt safe. I ate down in the bar as I wanted something that wasn’t on the room service menu (their delicious carbonara), and the wait staff wore masks when delivering my food and wine to the table. Hand sanitizer was plentiful as were signs about social distancing but they didn’t take from the experience - it’s just part of life here at the moment. I was impressed by the anti-microbial material used on the stair rails, door handles and remotes in the bedroom too as a safety measure. I ordered room service later in the evening (a delicious cocktail and dessert!) and was pleased at how reasonable it was and prompt! Literally the only thing that was missing from my room was either a tv or something to hold up my phone so that I could relax watching a show in the bath! Room wasn’t the biggest but it was plenty for just me, and the bathroom was massive. Shower nice and powerful! If you’re looking for a relaxing escape look no further!

(I stayed in room 158, which looked out onto the terrace so was perfectly quiet overnight).

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank lisacryan

Dear lisacryan,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Fleet Hotel, it is greatly appreciated. I am so glad to read that you had a lovely stay and appreciate your acknowledgement of the additional health & safety measures that we have undertaken recently. I have shared all your comments with the team who are very happy to read that you have mentioned them in your review.

I hope we can welcome you back for another enjoyable stay in the near future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 5 June 2020

I booked with Expedia, for my recent trip which of course had to be cancelled due to Covid-19. Expedia informed me their policy was to offer a future credit at the hotel, which will expire within 1 year of issue. Since i live 8,000 miles away, and travel abroad is now in flux, this was useless to me. I had Keenan Wynne, The Fleet Hotel Operations Manager, contact me personally and was able to resolve this issue with Expedia and I have been credited back my pre-booked room completely. I have to say "THANK YOU" to Keenan who went the extra mile for his customer. When I return eventually to Dublin I will stay at The Fleet , and I hope you will do the same in your future travels.

Date of stay: June 2020
1  Thank thepesokid

Dear thepesokid,

Thank you for your review of the Fleet. I am very happy to read that Keenan resolved this issue to your satisfaction. I hope you get the opportunity to visit us here in Dublin in the not too distant future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 8 March 2020

The hotel is lovely. Rooms clean, staff are very friendly. They upgraded my sisters room for free and decorated it with banners, balloons, chocs and prosecco (we paid for this). At breakfast they staff went out and got balloons and cake at last minute which was much appreciated. Location of hotel is perfect for bars.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank E5833RKkarent
Keenan Wynne, Other at The Fleet, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2020

Dear E5833RKkarent

Thank you for choosing the Fleet hotel to be part of your birthday celebrations.
we are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff and location of the hotel added to the added to an enjoyable and memorable experience.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 5 March 2020 via mobile

This hotel is perfect for a stay in central Dublin. The hotel’s location is ideal - just a few minutes walk from Temple Bar but not at all noisy. The staff are so welcome and helpful, foyer/ bar area is beautifully decorated and the rooms are great. Couldn’t ask for more from a hotel, especially at the price! Would definitely stay again if ever in Dublin.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank F8327JUracheld

Dear F8327JUracheld

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at the Fleet hotel.
We are delighted to read that the hotels location, Staff and amenities played such a positive part in your trip to Dublin,
We hope to see you return to both Dublin and the Fleet hotel in the future