1,434 results
All reviews fleet street hotel temple bar elegance room honesty bar great location trinity college central location wet room reception area bars and restaurants noise from the street first floor would stay here again rooms are small noisy at night triple room light sleeper
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

As i do a lot of business in and around Dublin I thought I would have a few days in the city with my son and do a little bonding.

First of all the location was great right in the middle of Temple Bar.

Unfortunately this hotel did not live up to its stars and reviews.

£125 per night x 3 for a twin room that you could not swing a bat in, freezing, a hole in the wall, wardrobe broken, bath not draining and shower dripped constantly!

At the end of the stay we were not asked how our stay had been and if there was any issues.

As time was precious I did not want to wait on service calls so I emailed the hotel later in the day. No response.

It seems to me that if you are a hotel in this area you do not need to try as someone will be daft enough to pay the rates.

Really dissapointed especially as I was looking forward to a good weekend with my son.

Next time I would stay further out of the city next at a hotel with better rates and higher stars.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
ManagerTF, Manager at The Fleet, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Bm200166

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay here at The Fleet.

My sincere apologies that you did not enjoy your stay with us.

Please do feel free to contact me directly at the Hotel if you wish to discuss this further

Reservations

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed here on the second night of my trip to Dublin (I had stayed in another hotel the night before, long story why I stayed in two different ones). Was very impressed with the decor as it was the holiday season so the place was looked very festive. One thing I think travellers should know, particularly those not carrying a passport, is there is you will be asked for a form of photo ID. This doesn’t happen to me often but I read a review where someone mentioned it and that meant I was prepared when I was checking in.
Before knew it I was getting a complimentary upgrade as my booked room wasn’t available which I wasn’t complaining about, I hadn’t gone to the room - I just relaxed in the lounge after I’d arrived. I loved the quirky decor in the room, but the bathroom was something else. Amazing! I had three baths in that thing (see pic). I like to relax and unwind in my hotel especially if it’s a working trip and that’s what I did here. I’m usually sceptical of staying anywhere in or near Temple Bar because of the noise but I had no problem with that. Staff were very helpful and friendly, called me a cab, gave me some directions and overall were very pleasant. I had a lie in so skipped breakfast but it was included in the deal I got when booking the hotel which was €110 for the night. I would definitely stay here again, the location was great, my room was lovely and I would recommend paying more for that upgrade as a treat if you’re like me.
I think the only slight issue I had during my stay was that it was kind of tricky to find the room and I got a bit lost a couple of times. Also no room service, which is something I do like to avail of at hotels. But neither was a big deal.

Date of stay: November 2018

Dear Juliet17101

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay here at The Fleet.

I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us so well

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is our 2nd time staying at the hotel.
Good points- the renovation of the ground floor is outstanding! Really tasteful decor. The new breakfast room is gorgeous. The style and thought into every detail is fantastic.
Bad points- all this is completely let down by customer service.
I called to book direct as a repeat customer and was advised by mike that yes he would give me discount absolutely as a returning guest. He could book me a double room for 280 euro for 2 nights. I had to ask if breakfast was included and he replied that yes he could throw that in to. Luckily I went online to their own website and booked the same deal for 252 euro. I should have probably expected things not to be customer focused after this.
When we checked in the reception is polite but curt. No irish welcome, no question of have you been here before, did you drive here. I mention the driving as the website states if you book direct you receive discounted car parking. I also had to ask if we received discount at the new restaurant which the website states. Luckily I had visited the website or I would never have known. I'm still waiting to hear of any of the other benefits of booking direct.
Our room has not been renovated yet which is fine except.. All other rooms on our floor are currently being renovated. This means workman working each day until 7pm and starting with an actual buzz saw at 7.58am this morning. No where were we advised of this and feel this is what we receive if booking a discounted online deal.
We also wanted to relax in the lobby after our journey and have a drink when we arrived. My husband waited at the empty bar for 10 mins to order but gave up. I would have been ok with this as the bar man was obviously busy elsewhere if It wasn't for the two staff members standing with no customers at reception 2 feet away ignoring my husband also. There was literally just the 4 of us in this beautiful room but we seemed invisible.
Breakfast although in a beautiful location with friendlier staff was cold each morning. Our table was not cleared during our visit meaning we had to clear our plates up ourselves and continue to our next course on a dirty table. Only 2 other tables were occupied so time was not an issue for the staff.
I am currently writing this review whilst it feels like the workmen are actually hammering in my room as my bed shakes.
Location great. Renovation lovely. Service poor. Lacking in any customer focus. Many other hotels in a lovely town to choose from which I advise that you do.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear clairedownie76

Thank you for your review of your recent stay here at The Fleet.

My sincere apologies that on this occasion we did not surpass your expectations.

I would really like the opportunity to discuss this with you further & so would appreciate if you could contact me at the hotel.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great location, easy to get around town from there. the rooms as a average size for a Midtown hotel, but the bed is really small, tight fit for two persons if you got a little extra weight. Also was a couple of stains on the bed blanket and on the walls, someone might have overseen that when cleaning the room. Our room was with a view to a backyard with the air system fans, straight outside Our window so you should avoid that if Your sensitive to noise.

Room tip: not 408 if you are sensitive to noise
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
ManagerTF, Manager at The Fleet, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear 82abbash

We appreciate your feedback and will be sure to communicate to the necessary departments

Reservations

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed at the fleet from 11-15th feb this year, we wanted a hotel in temple bar and the pictures on the website were exquisite! We arrived, the lobby was stunning just as the pictures had suggested. However when we got to our room it was nothing like the pictures. It was very basic. This was fine as we would only be sleeping there. Our room was ridiculously hot, as the radiator would not tuen off, we had to open the window which was filthy with dirt and mould. In 5 days our room was only made up once and we only recieved clean towels once which wasn't great. Our key cards consistently stopped working which was very annoying.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi Sarah-Jane Y

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at The Fleet

Kind Regards