1,434 results
All reviews fleet street hotel temple bar elegance room honesty bar great location trinity college central location wet room reception area bars and restaurants noise from the street first floor would stay here again rooms are small noisy at night triple room light sleeper
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is our 2nd time staying at the hotel.
Good points- the renovation of the ground floor is outstanding! Really tasteful decor. The new breakfast room is gorgeous. The style and thought into every detail is fantastic.
Bad points- all this is completely let down by customer service.
I called to book direct as a repeat customer and was advised by mike that yes he would give me discount absolutely as a returning guest. He could book me a double room for 280 euro for 2 nights. I had to ask if breakfast was included and he replied that yes he could throw that in to. Luckily I went online to their own website and booked the same deal for 252 euro. I should have probably expected things not to be customer focused after this.
When we checked in the reception is polite but curt. No irish welcome, no question of have you been here before, did you drive here. I mention the driving as the website states if you book direct you receive discounted car parking. I also had to ask if we received discount at the new restaurant which the website states. Luckily I had visited the website or I would never have known. I'm still waiting to hear of any of the other benefits of booking direct.
Our room has not been renovated yet which is fine except.. All other rooms on our floor are currently being renovated. This means workman working each day until 7pm and starting with an actual buzz saw at 7.58am this morning. No where were we advised of this and feel this is what we receive if booking a discounted online deal.
We also wanted to relax in the lobby after our journey and have a drink when we arrived. My husband waited at the empty bar for 10 mins to order but gave up. I would have been ok with this as the bar man was obviously busy elsewhere if It wasn't for the two staff members standing with no customers at reception 2 feet away ignoring my husband also. There was literally just the 4 of us in this beautiful room but we seemed invisible.
Breakfast although in a beautiful location with friendlier staff was cold each morning. Our table was not cleared during our visit meaning we had to clear our plates up ourselves and continue to our next course on a dirty table. Only 2 other tables were occupied so time was not an issue for the staff.
I am currently writing this review whilst it feels like the workmen are actually hammering in my room as my bed shakes.
Location great. Renovation lovely. Service poor. Lacking in any customer focus. Many other hotels in a lovely town to choose from which I advise that you do.

Dear clairedownie76

Thank you for your review of your recent stay here at The Fleet.

My sincere apologies that on this occasion we did not surpass your expectations.

I would really like the opportunity to discuss this with you further & so would appreciate if you could contact me at the hotel.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great location, easy to get around town from there. the rooms as a average size for a Midtown hotel, but the bed is really small, tight fit for two persons if you got a little extra weight. Also was a couple of stains on the bed blanket and on the walls, someone might have overseen that when cleaning the room. Our room was with a view to a backyard with the air system fans, straight outside Our window so you should avoid that if Your sensitive to noise.

Room tip: not 408 if you are sensitive to noise
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
ManagerTF, Manager at The Fleet, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear 82abbash

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay here at The Fleet.

We appreciate your feedback and will be sure to communicate to the necessary departments

Reservations

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed at the fleet from 11-15th feb this year, we wanted a hotel in temple bar and the pictures on the website were exquisite! We arrived, the lobby was stunning just as the pictures had suggested. However when we got to our room it was nothing like the pictures. It was very basic. This was fine as we would only be sleeping there. Our room was ridiculously hot, as the radiator would not tuen off, we had to open the window which was filthy with dirt and mould. In 5 days our room was only made up once and we only recieved clean towels once which wasn't great. Our key cards consistently stopped working which was very annoying.

Hi Sarah-Jane Y

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at The Fleet

Kind Regards

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Visited here for my 30th birthday with my fiancé for a long weekend. When arrived the reception area was lovely & greeted by a polite blonde lady (can’t remember her name sorry) check in was quick and efficient.
When arriving to our room it was lovely, small but clean however soon as we opened the door we can heard this terrible noise - looked outside the window & there was an air con machine right outside.
My partner when to ask the lady on reception if there was any other rooms. She was lovely about the situation and their well aware of the noise in that room but unfortunately there’s nothing they can do about it as it’s from the building next door. She showed my partner 2 room the other was exactly the same as ours just the floor below us which you could still here the noise but not as bad then the final room (360) which was one of their best rooms it was fantastic- I loved the bath we was so pleased they offered us this room it made my birthday a little bit more special & we wasn’t asked to pay anymore for it! So thank you for your kindness!
This hotel is a old building so you could easily get lost especially if you have one too many Guinness
I loved it, added character to the hotel. I wouldn’t recommend this hotel to disable unless you get a room near the lift.
They have a lovely little roof terrace.
We didn’t have breakfast here as it is expensive (19) where you could go down the road for €10 plus we didn’t plan staying in the hotel much.
The hotel is perfect location near all the main pubs, restaurants but we didn’t hear any noise from the street in the hotel!
We walked to the Guinness Storehouse it was about 30mins & the prison is about 40/45mins walk. Molly Malone is only a 5 min walk. Taxi rank around the corner (we walked their 440am to get a taxi to airport - easy to get a taxi & was only €24 - cost us €29 from the airport) although air coach bus stop is right by the hotel we don’t did know this until leaving & seen it was only €7.
Basically would we stay here again - absolutely!
Thank you staff at the fleet, hope to visit again soon

Dear rhi_nl

I am delighted that, despite a small issue in the beginning, you enjoyed your stay with us so well!

We will look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future

Reservations

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed three nights in this hotel. Location is perfect and just for that I would recommend it. The rooms are good, beds are comfortable and the staff is very friendly. Also we tried the breakfast (additional fee) and it was very good.
Now the less than exciting parts: the rooms don't have a safe, if you care for one. The floor plan is a bit confusing so if you have mobility issues please ask for a room that is easily accesible - you will have to go up and down stairs and long corridors otherwise. But the biggest issue is the state of the bathrooms. Showers work great and the water temperature is hot. But the toilets are terrible. They don't flush properly, and I mean it. You need to hold the flush down for quite a bit and pray that the water flushes. We exchanged rooms and the second room had the same issue. So unless they fixed them or if you are constipated this might be the perfect hotel for you.

Room tip: all rooms have ear plugs next to the beds. You might need them
Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Ana M

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay her eat The Fleet.

I am really pleased that you found our location, rooms and breakfast to be good.

We are currently undertaking a refurbishment project for some of the bathrooms in the hotel, so hopefully you will get the opportunity to visit us again once this work is complete