1,434 results
All reviews fleet street hotel temple bar elegance room honesty bar great location trinity college central location wet room reception area bars and restaurants noise from the street first floor would stay here again rooms are small noisy at night triple room light sleeper
Reviewed 4 January 2019

I booked the Fleet Hotel in Dublin several months ago, the reviews and pics on their website looked really good. On arrival I was very impressed with the location of this hotel and the entrance/reception and bar area are stunning. Unfortunately for me this is where the good experience ended. I had booked an executive double room, the room we were allocated was nothing more than a cupboard with a bed in it and a huge air conditioning unit outside the bedroom window, certainly not what is advertised on websites. Paying almost £250 for this I was not happy and complained and asked to be moved, we were moved very quickly and the staff could not have been anymore helpful. We were allocated a triple disabled access room. There was not even a small complimentary bar of soap in the bathroom or iron/board in the room. The room overlooked the front of the hotel, which was noisy, however there are ear plugs provided in the room which helped a lot. We hadn't booked for breakfast as their are so many reasonable cafe's and bistro's in the area. Overall I would not book this hotel, I have been coming to Dublin for many many years and have stayed in far better accommodation.

Reviewed 3 January 2019

Brilliant mid price hotel in the middle of everything in Dublin, spacious comfortable luxurious rooms, beautiful lounge area, fab bar and brilliant breakfast, Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
FleetStreetHotelTB, Manager at The Fleet, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2019

Dear Julesby

Many Thanks for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay here at The Fleet.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us so well

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future

Reservations

Reviewed 2 January 2019

The staff at this hotel was amazing, they were so friendly and helpful -- it never seemed like we were bothering them with our questions. We loved the convenience of the location as well, it was so easy to get to the main sites in Dublin and easy access to transit was also great -- including the stop for the Airport bus. The Lobby was gorgeous and very inviting. Unfortunately, because the hotel is right on Fleet Street it was extremely loud -- the hotel at least provides complementary ear plugs but it would have been better if there was upfront notice about it. The noise is beyond the usual poor soundproofing you find in older European hotels, it was extreme bar goers noise until 5am every day. As we booked quite early in the year so we thought it was kind of strange that were weren't assigned a better room. We seemed to get a handicap accessible washroom that gave us more bathroom space but a very uncomfortable toilet. There were also huge dust bunnies under the curtains and furniture and we did not opt in for the breakfast as it was quite pricey.

Room tip: Quite loud, very well located and impeccable staff

Dear effyes

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay here at The Fleet.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us so well, My sincere apologies that the external noise was a disturbance to you.

Reservations

Reviewed 1 January 2019

In regards to location, this hotel is located nearby the famous Temple Bar and other attractions but this hotel lacked a lot in comfort. We booked this hotel based on their pictures...boy, were we in for a surprise! The rooms are very small and noisy. Doors are made of thin plywood and you could hear everything from the hallway. The bathroom looked nothing like their pictures. The shower is like a phone booth (for you younger viewers, a phone booth is a tiny box you use to make phone calls in). Walking to your room was traveling down hallways with more stairs. The only bright spot was the staff. They were helpful.

Room tip: pick another hotel
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
FleetStreetHotelTB, Manager at The Fleet, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2019

Dear Rysoong

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay here at The Fleet.

I am pleased to see that the location was suitable for your needs. My sincere apologies that you found the rooms lacking.

Should you wish to contact me directly to discuss this further please feel to contact me directly at the hotel.

Kind Regards

Reservations Manager

Reviewed 26 December 2018

On entering the hotel, the first impression is fantastic with the lobby and bar decor being very striking and stylish, including a couple of warm fires and comfy couches. The Reception team were friendly and personable.
The hotel location was excellent, a short walk from all the bars and restaurants on Temple Bar, and yet, for us at least, not too noisy to disrupt our stay.
The rooms themselves were a little on the small side with a very cramped shower and a bathroom that probably could do with some modernisation. There was also no shower or fridge in the room. However, this didn't detract from our stay and we'd recommend this hotel for a good value short visit.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear StevieShep

I am delighted that you enjoyed your say so well and that our new lobby and bar made such an impression on you.

Reservations Manager