“Really good food, really good bears”
Review of Pifko

Pifko
Ranked #467 of 2,913 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Cuisines: Czech
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Hearty Czech food and craft beers in Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 1 September 2018

We had a dinner today In Pifko (second time)
We drank plum brandy and staropramen beers, what was really good.
Dinner was really taste.
A few things was very strange. I wanted order Kozel beer,. Waiter said : we don't have, only dark. After I asked Zlaty bazant beer. He said. we don't have. I wanted try Marlenka, He said We don't have. This was very strange on Saturday early evening when is starting life in Dublin.
I asked hungarian soup (halaszle), but that was a really good vegetable soup.Halaszle is much different
.....but I do not want to complain because everything was perfect and tasty.

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

Called in today because we had an appointment near Pifko Bar and we had some time to kill so I ordered a coffee and my son had a drink. There was a lovely red haired lady who took care of us straight away and took our order. My coffee was beautifully presented with a glass of water, which I didn't order, but it was a lovely touch. And upon leaving the lovely lady again helped me with the doors out as I had my walking stick with me. Highly recommend this lovely bar, Looking forward to going back to try the tempting menu for food.

1  Thank carolineo458
Reviewed 22 July 2018

I really wanted to like Pifko. I pass it by all the time, I'd read good reviews and the menu online looked very promising but our actual experience there was a let down. The service was very slow and not particularly friendly. The second set of drinks that we ordered never arrived and eventually we just had to ask for bill and leave. I tried the beef in vegetable cream sauce with dumplings and was not a fan. The beef and sauce were ok but the dumplings had an unpleasant taste. My partner had the veal schnitzel and chips which was a lot more tasty. There's a good selection on the food and drinks menu so perhaps we will give it another try in future, but our first experience was certainly not a very good one.

Reviewed 21 July 2018

If you are tired of the same pub grub, Pifko is a great choice. It is a short walk from the Temple Bar area. Pifko has a wide selection of Czech draft beers and also has Zlaty Bazant from Slovakia on tap. Service was great, as was the food; the atmosphere is nice and welcoming, and prices are reasonable. The hidden star of the menu is the haluski with melted cheese and side pork; their pork cutlets are also great.

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

We visited for lunch during the week.
Pifko is a nicely furnished pub serving a big variety of Eastern European beers;
Pretty tasty as far as we can tell.

Our waitress was very friendly and attentive. Food was ok but not great.

More recommend for having a beer.