“Good Stop for Joyce Fans”

James Joyce Cultural Centre
Book In Advance
More Info
US$61.13*
and up
Dublin Pass with Hop-On Hop-Off Tour and Entry to Over 30 Attractions
Ranked #143 of 546 things to do in Dublin
More attraction details
Owner description: This cultural center promotes the study of Joyce's work and is housed in a beautiful 18th-century Georgian mansion.
Reviewed 26 February 2017

Home to the door of number 7 Eccles Street, should be a must see if you are a Joyce fan! There is a neat exhibition upstairs and a variety of facts throughout the centre. The staff working it were knowledgeable on Joyce and gave me some pointers on making my way through Finnegans Wake.

Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

Must see for all Joyce devotees & those wanting more "flesh on the bones" of one of Ireland's literary heroes. Fascinating, evocative & atmospheric. Wonderful murals + memorabilia. One visit not enough so, as we're in Dub each November.......!

Reviewed 18 October 2016

I took the "Dubliners" tour, which was a bit short (i.e. I wanted more of it!) but anyhow covered some of the key things: Belvedere College, The Boarding House, Two Gallants, The Dead, etc. The guide provided some of her own perspective about the author and his works, which I thought was much more interesting than factual information.

Reviewed 16 September 2016

Well I'might a big James Joyce fan, and this museum is great. Sad note is that there is nowhere any information to be found in the museum.

Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

Guys. I'll be honest. I'm a huge Joyce fan, so they literally would have had to have been really awful tour guides or personnel to get much less than a five star review. But that being said, I truly enjoyed my experience here. My advice: come with the intention to discover Joyce in a way you never have before. Take the time. Do the walking tour. Go through the exhibit, read all the things, watch all the videos and interact with all of the computer screens. I am truly thankful a center like the JJCC exists. I will definitely be back for another tour whenever I can make it back to this fantastic city.