“Fascinating ” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Dublin Pass with Hop-On Hop-Off Tour and Entry to Over 30 Attractions
Ranked #122 of 498 things to do in Dublin
More attraction details
Owner description: This cultural center promotes the study of Joyce's work and is housed in a beautiful 18th-century Georgian mansion.
Northumberland, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Fascinating ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

Must see for all Joyce devotees & those wanting more "flesh on the bones" of one of Ireland's literary heroes. Fascinating, evocative & atmospheric. Wonderful murals + memorabilia. One visit not enough so, as we're in Dub each November.......!

Visited November 2016

Sweden
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Joyce walking tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2016

I took the "Dubliners" tour, which was a bit short (i.e. I wanted more of it!) but anyhow covered some of the key things: Belvedere College, The Boarding House, Two Gallants, The Dead, etc. The guide provided some of her own perspective about the author and his works, which I thought was much more interesting than factual information.

Visited August 2016
Belgium
108 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“No Finnegans Wake Present Here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2016

Well I'might a big James Joyce fan, and this museum is great. Sad note is that there is nowhere any information to be found in the museum.

Visited August 2016
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dubliners tour is a true dubliner's experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

Guys. I'll be honest. I'm a huge Joyce fan, so they literally would have had to have been really awful tour guides or personnel to get much less than a five star review. But that being said, I truly enjoyed my experience here. My advice: come with the intention to discover Joyce in a way you never have before. Take the time. Do the walking tour. Go through the exhibit, read all the things, watch all the videos and interact with all of the computer screens. I am truly thankful a center like the JJCC exists. I will definitely be back for another tour whenever I can make it back to this fantastic city.

Visited September 2016
New York
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“Required visiting for Joyce fans”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2016

Even those not total fans can get a lot out of this museum. My husband, who hasn't read Joyce, was fascinated by many of the videos, quotes, interactive material. For us fans, the Centre is even more moving. Seeing Joyce's room and the door of #7 Eccles St - those alone brought us great joy.

Visited June 2016