“Dubliners tour is a true dubliner's experience”

James Joyce Cultural Centre
Book In Advance
More Info
US$61.16*
and up
Dublin Pass with Hop-On Hop-Off Tour and Entry to Over 30 Attractions
Ranked #143 of 546 things to do in Dublin
More attraction details
Owner description: This cultural center promotes the study of Joyce's work and is housed in a beautiful 18th-century Georgian mansion.
Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

Guys. I'll be honest. I'm a huge Joyce fan, so they literally would have had to have been really awful tour guides or personnel to get much less than a five star review. But that being said, I truly enjoyed my experience here. My advice: come with the intention to discover Joyce in a way you never have before. Take the time. Do the walking tour. Go through the exhibit, read all the things, watch all the videos and interact with all of the computer screens. I am truly thankful a center like the JJCC exists. I will definitely be back for another tour whenever I can make it back to this fantastic city.

Reviewed 6 September 2016

Even those not total fans can get a lot out of this museum. My husband, who hasn't read Joyce, was fascinated by many of the videos, quotes, interactive material. For us fans, the Centre is even more moving. Seeing Joyce's room and the door of #7 Eccles St - those alone brought us great joy.

Reviewed 6 September 2016

As we wandered the streets of Dublin seeking out the Joyce Centre with ony half an address and an insufficient map we thought of Leopold Bloom on his more exciitng journey. There was no Molly for us to encounter but thankfully a slip of a lass steered us in the right direction. I’m glad we didn’t give up as the Joyce Centre was worth the visit. Three short films give some background and interesting takes on Joyce and his legacy for literature in Ireland, a reconstruction of his small bedroom foucsses the mind and interactive media allows you to explore favourite or unknown passages from Ulysses. Located in a restored Georgian house close to Joyce’s Alma Mater, this understated centre leads the visitorinto aspects of Joyce’s world and some of the people wh played an importnat part in his life. If you have restricted mobility the climb to the top floor may be a challenge. And if you want to copy Joyce’s sartorial style, you can buy a straw boater.

Reviewed 28 August 2016

I'm a fan of Joyce so wanted to find out some new things, learn a little more about his writing and generally was expecting this centre to be similar to the Roald Dahl Museum in Buckinghamshire...it wasn't. The building is charming and there are some good displays but there wasn't anything of particular interest or note. We took the audio guide which stretched the visit out to 20 minutes but other than the cool little courtyard at the back with the M&S door, there wasn't anything which delighted, entertained or excited me. Good to get out of the rain but only if you can afford it.

Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

I didn't know James Joyce until I went to the this cultural centre. Good to know a famous Irish writer about his life and his works. Recommend for those who like literature.