Mercantile Hotel
US$647
  • Pool
US$203
US$169
Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$179
US$211
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewstemple bardame stgreat locationprovide ear plugsearly nightgreat bartrinity collegebit datedtop floorhotel is situatedbars and restaurantscity centreguinness storehousevisiting dublinfull irish breakfastolympianightlife
Reviewed 22 October 2011

I chose the Mercantile because of its close proximity to Temple Bar, Grafton Street, Trinity College - and pretty much everything else I wanted to see. I realized going into it that there would be lots of noise. Any hotel near Temple Bar is going to have noise issues - expect it going in, especially on a Friday/Saturday night.

The hotel was very clean and was in impeccable shape when I checked in. The receptionist was very helpful. I blew the power in my room with my flat iron and she was very kind about it; it was fixed when I got back. They stored my luggage for several hours after I checked out.

If you are looking for a luxury hotel, look elsewhere. If you need sleep, look elsewhere. But if you are looking for a quaint hotel within easy access of everything with a friendly staff, consider the Mercantile. I enjoyed my stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank KellyD83
Reviewed 19 October 2011

Great location next to Temple Bar area, close to restaurants & bars, tourist info and post office. The noise in the evening and at night was really was really bad in the rooms facing the street, other rooms facing Dame Lane were more quiet. Staff was very friendly with smiling service both in the tavern and at the hotel. A bit dated but reasonably priced and clean.

Room Tip: Avoid weekends and ask for a room on the Dame Lane side.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cousin49
Reviewed 22 September 2011

The location is central but wouldnt stay if you have a car. We had to park in carpark and pay. The room was comfy but average, and the toiletries werent great. Our room overlooked all the bars adjacent but the noise wasnt too bad for a pub.
It was a 5 min drive to Guiness Factory which is a must.
Barbara & Neville (Australia)

Room Tip: Not sure I would stay again
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2011

Our overall stay in the hotel was not pleasant.the attitude and friendliness of staff was appalling, staff moral very bad - our dining experience was even worse / with food being served cold and being returned / dirty cutlery and lipstick on newly served wine glasses.the location was good but we would not recommend the hotel ( never again would we stay there )

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Getard
Centrahotel, Public Relations Manager at Mercantile Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I have contacted you privately, to find out when you stayed so that these problems can be addressed. We welcome all feedback in our efforts to improve our product and thank you for bringing the issues that you encountered to our attention.

Reviewed 1 September 2011

Located right near temple bar, easy walking distant to almost everything. The Guiness Factory was a bit of a walk, but do able. Staff was friendly and will to store our bags during the day. Rooms were small, but we weren't in them much. A bit dated, but that is to be expected. Bathroom toiletries left a ot to be desired, only offered shampoo and didn't have any wash clothes. Our group stayed up on the 4th floor. We had a room facing away from the Temple Bar area and the noise was tolerable, however we had family staying in a room facing that Bars and they were not happy with the noisy level. All and all though the price was great and the location couldn't be beat.

Room Tip: If possible ask for a room facing away from the Temple Bar on the top floor.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple