All reviews hard boiled eggs trinity college great location free earplugs temple bar yogurt private bathroom luggage room free breakfast common areas are clean rooms breakfast is served a stones throw bus stop tea and coffee central location would stay again
Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

I ended up being the only girl in a 6 bed dorm with all guys. I became good friends with a guy from France and we ended up hanging out a lot of the time and exploring together. We also met some other Irish guys from Galway and we all went out drinking and had a really good time! The hostel was in a perfect location and the staff was really nice. Personal outlets on each bed and lockers underneath. A huge plus was the charger converters offered in the lobby vending machines and the in suite showers! Very close to the main bus stop to get anywhere, including the airport !

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 December 2017

I stayed here with 5 friends in September and we had a 6-bed dorm room with a bathroom. Although the beds weren't the comfiest, the rooms were clean and the staff were lovely and informative when we checked in. We arrived a little earlier than check-in but there was a luggage room where you could leave your bags and go explore!

The living area was really good with a kitchen that could be used by any of the guests as long as they washed up after themselves and the facilities to make a cup of tea, coffee or hot chocolate!

The price of the hostel was very reasonable, especially for such an excellent location, and a private room. The hostel can be accessed directly by local bus from the airport and is right next to Trinity College and a 4-minute walk from Temple Bar.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 December 2017

Excellent location

I took Aircoach from airport. Ashfield Hostel is located just in front of one of bus stops. After you get off Aircoach, walk 10m more. Hostel is already on your left.

We stayed in private room with bathroom. Unfortunately room is not big at all (Neither is bathroom, shower cubicle is extremely small ) but it might be very standard in Dublin if staying hostel.
Although this hostel is very near Temple Bar area, it wasn't noisy at all. It might be because the private room is located at the back ? Not sure but it seems like there are front side and back side in this hostel. There is no lift in the side we stayed whereas I saw a lift next to reception. ( This should be front side ) As my suitcase weighed very heavy, it was tough for me to lift it while ascending stairs....
There are several doors to get to the room from reception. Doors kinda swing back very loudly, you should be considerate enough to hold it till the end so that it won't make loud noise.

Reception is open for 24 hours, which is very convenient.
Breakfast is served only from 7:30. If you are in a hurry, it is rather late start. Breakfast is very simple but it is something I eat every morning, so really grateful to have breakfast for free.
wifi connection is great.
Roomy public area at reception.

Once you get here, you will notice that there is another shuttle service between airport and this hostel, which is operated by a travel agency ( I think ). It is door to door service, so it is much better than Aircoach honestly. When you head back to airport from hostel by Aircoach, you have to walk at least one block to get to the closest bus stop because the street in front is one way. Aircoach runs every 20 minutes or so. Unfortunately when I reached bus stop, bus had just left and I had to wait for roughly 25 minutes...which is not enjoyable.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 December 2017

My two friends and I booked and stayed in a 3 bedroom room with a private bathroom at the Ashfield Hostel. For the low cost of our booking I was honestly impressed with the hostels location. We all flew from different airports and so arrived in Dublin at various times. Two of us arrived early on in the morning and were offered complimentary breakfast. Breakfast usually consisted of tea and coffee, juice, cereals, toast and jams, boiled eggs and for the 3 breakfasts that we ate they had scones available too!

All of the reception staff we encountered were friendly and informative, answering any questions we had about Dublin with ease. There was also a secure luggage room available in the reception which we used on the last day as our flights weren't until late on in the evening.

If I'm entirely honest, our room was beyond basic. No other furniture besides our beds, so our belongings remained in our suitcases throughout the entire stay. The only mirror we had was found on the back of the door and we did seem to have a few minor problems with our bathroom - the toilet wouldn't flush and the sink had a leak somewhere as the base was constantly surrounded by a small puddle of water.

If you're planning on spending long amounts of time at the hostel, personally I would advise you look elsewhere however if you are only using the hostel as somewhere to sleep at the end of a long day then I would advise Ashfield Hostel for the low cost.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Becky C
Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

Expensive for a very small and dirty room
Nice situation close to the center but that the only good point
Guys from the front desk are usualy friendly and give you good tips but one of them has a very closed mind and just makes you unconfortable, he always pissing off about everything you can do, you can't even be on the lobby playing cards drinking kindly a beer and when you try to discuss with him about how to take care about clients he just speaks about stupid rules that he can not even explain you why his collegues don't agree with what he was saying.
He don't listen to what your are trying to say to make the atmospher better for everyone and he warns you to call the security and throw you away during the night
So he is just there to make you unconfortable and push you to leave, what s the point ?
Last but not least, no activities organized to meet people, give them good time or any incentive to create good vibes

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends