Free cancellation until 29/07
US$245
US$257
US$226
  • Restaurant
Clayton Hotel Burlington Road(Dublin)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$173
US$138
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$197/night.

US$304
US$231
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$193
US$148
  • Pool
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$253/night.

Free cancellation until 28/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$165
US$152
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$191/night.

US$253
US$210
Official Site
  • Restaurant
Sheldon Park Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$114
US$92
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$111/night.

Generator Hostel Dublin(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$103
Hotels.com
US$558
US$376
Westbury Hotel
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$425/night.

4,063 results
All reviewssaddle roomlord mayor's loungeheritage roomirish constitutionbeautiful hoteltrinity collegest stephensfive star hotelmain bargrafton streetturn down servicetemple barconciergeirelandmarriottdoormanluxury
Reviewed 21 February 2018

Stayed at the Shelbourne recently for the first time. The room was extremely comfortable and all staff were outstanding. Somewhat expensive but you get what you pay for..Only disappointment was the breakfast which was quite disappointing.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Doireann G, Guest Relations Manager at The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Dear MOCKerry,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and observations with us, we greatly appreciate your feedback.
I was delighted to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us, however, there were small details regarding your breakfast, which I will make sure to pass on to the appropriate management

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 21 February 2018

Went to the front bar in the Shelbourne for a drink with my sister,brother in law and his brother and fiance before our evening meal yesterday evening. Below is a high level review:

1)Poor service, was waiting close to an hour for one round of drink five drinks.
2)Lack of attention to detail, the drink order was wrong, even after being confirmed by two members of staff.
3)Lack of professionalism,
(a) When the unsatisfactory wait time was highlighted to the member of staff which eventually brought us our drinks the excuse of being unsure of our order was given, which we did not understand as the order was confirmed twice.
(b) After receiving our drinks we immediately noticed that two of the cocktails were served straight up, not as order, when we asked for ice it was served in an empty pint glass instead of a container more fitting of a 5 star hotel.
4)Overpriced, drinks were beyond overpriced especially considering the wait and difficulty I would expect some sort of acknowledgement that the service being provided was not the normal standard in the form of either a complimentary drink or some sort of discount. Neither was offered.

All in all, while the hotel is pretty and its quiet enough to have a conversation I wouldn't recommend the bar based on that experience. This was on a quiet Tuesday evening, I would not like to see how the Shelbourne fairs on a weekend.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Conor D

Dear Conor D,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to The Shelbourne Hotel.

I am sorry to read that your visir fell short of expectations. Here at The Shelbourne Hotel we pride ourselves on delivering a flawless experience for all of our guests so I am terribly sorry we let you down on this occasion.

I would sincerely appreciate it if you would contact me at: rhi.dubbr.guest.relations@renaissancehotels.com or by telephone on 016634500 at your earliest convenience so we may discuss this further and hopefully make amends with you.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

This was a real disappointment and the complete opposite of what we've experienced before. In late January, as a treat for my wifes birthday, we booked in for one night. The room we were given overlooked Kildare Street and was fine except for the bathroom. At least three of the floor tiles were broken and unsightly. The button on the toilet was broken and missing the water-saving part. The remote for the TV was not working and when I called reception, I was told that someone would be up very shortly. 35 minutes later I had to call down again. I was told someone would be there in 2 or 3 minutes. It was 10 minutes before anyone showed up. (this is a long time when you are staying only one night)
During our stay we passed through reception 6 or 7 times and only once were we acknowledged (asked how was our day) - that was by the concierge and not the reception staff. They seemed very interested in conversations among themselves, but not with their guests. When we've previously stayed here, everyone is usually very friendly in a warm and genuine way. Not this time.
Breakfast. We were very disappointed with breakfast. Whilst the buffet is very well presented, the hot food was on the cold side of luke-warm - not good enough at €35 each.
We did some shopping on Saturday morning and I went to check out whilst my wife went to the room to get our bag. I advised the lady at reception of this and asked her not to deactivate the door lock. She assured me this could not happen as it was 11am and the doors only lock after 12 midday. Great. Guess what? The lock was deactivated and my wife had to come all the way back to reception. They gave her a replacement key. Guess what? It didn't work either. This time my wife asked a chamber lady to let her use the phone in a room she was working in. When she called down, Reception said -
"You need to come down again?" Seriously?!!
She didn't...
When I was paying the bill, the receptionist didn't ask whether or not we'd enjoyed ourselves…
I also found the individual who was responsible for retrieving the cars to be quite short and brusk in manner.
Whilst I was waiting for him I was approached by a nice lady from 'guest relations' and for the first time was asked about our stay. After I relayed the list of disappointments we'd experienced, I was quite interested in her response.

She nodded sympathetically and said she was sorry and that it was important that guests should always be happy and enjoy their time at the hotel. (I agree!) She insisted on getting me her business card so I could contact her next time we stay... When I asked her why? she answered:
"So I can make sure everything runs smoothly..."
I'm still scratching my head about that. Shouldn't we expect excellent service without making special phone calls? How exactly does this makeup for the poor stay we've had? How does that conversation go?
"Hi, I'm the guy who complained to you about the sub-par service and experience we had the last time we stayed?"
Surely customer relations is about looking after your guests?

Look, every business has the odd error or problem, we get that and can excuse it. But when you put yourself up as a 5-star hotel and charge accordingly, there is no excuse for such a litany of mediocrity. The response from guest relations belied an attitude of a hotel that just couldn't be bothered.
Not sure we'll be back for a while, to be honest. Not sure the Shelbourne will notice or care.

p.s The three stars rating is because I love this hotel. It has great historical significance for our family.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Trident1066
Doireann G, Guest Relations Manager at The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Dear Trident1066,

I am sorry to read that your stay fell short of expectations. Here at The Shelbourne Hotel we pride ourselves on delivering a flawless experience for all of our guests so I am terribly sorry we let you down on this occasion.

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Spent 3 nights for my 50th birthday celebrations. Family and friends dinner party was superb in every way. Food fabulous and service exquisite. It was those small finishing personalised touches that made it. Thank you so much to all the staff for making my weekend very special for us all, in particular the Saddle Room management.This hotel is a cut above the rest. Thank you again. We can’t wait to return. Mr Fowler & Ms Hodgman

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Annette H

Dear Annette H,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent Shelbourne experience, we greatly appreciate your lovely comments. It is a great pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your birthday celebrations, and in particular, the excellent customer service you received. Our team takes great pride in ensuring that every guest receives a warm welcome and a memorable experience, and rest assured I will share your feedback with the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Shelbourne on your next visit to Dublin

Reviewed 18 February 2018

Just located comfortably close to everything, is this hotel. Parking is pricey, but if you can find street parking or else pay for the convenience. Just opposite, I could never make it to St. Stephen’s Green because of my schedule. Walkable to Grafton Street and all the action is another plus. The staff was friendly in the historical setting of the hotel, in particular Renata at the front desk. Don’t miss the museum in the reception which showcases the historical setting of the hotel.
House-keeping staff was efficient and dropped by to take feedback. Makes sense for the hotel staff to bring the luggage, as you could encounter a small flight of stairs on your floor. Breakfast service is as expected for a hotel of this category. The concierge can help you with restaurant and pub choices up until 11 pm.
My room had a lot of closet space and smelt fresh. My only complaint was I taller than the shower which made a shower slight challenging. The mineral water in glass bottle was a nice touch to avoid plastic.Another plus is the dedicated elevator to the gym and swimming pool. My personal favourite was the firm bed where sleep quality was a perfect ten and a quiet room. The bathroom could use some plug points in an otherwise spacious area.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business

Dear nysual,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Shelbourne Hotel. Our team takes great pride in ensuring that every guest receives a warm welcome and a memorable experience, and rest assured I will share your feedback with the team, and especially Renata and the housekeeping team.

I was delighted to read you enjoyed a great nights sleep in your room.Please do contact us directly @rhi.dubbr.guest.relations@renaissancehotels.com when booking your next stay so I can oversee your reservation and personally allocate your room to ensure there is adequate space in the shower for you.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards