“Midweek break”

Clayton Hotel Burlington Road
Ranked #53 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 7 December 2017

Got parked without any trouble both days. Pleasant efficient check in and a spacious warm clean room. We didn't dine here apart from breakfast which could have been a bit warmer but all in all was dead on. The staff were very efficient and pleasant especially Tommy at breakfast - one of Dublin finest, a character and a gentleman. The lounge is spacious and had multi channels for sport. The hotel in centrally located in and nice area a short stroll from some nice pubs and a €7 taxi ride from Grafton street. We had a pleasant experience during our stay and can only recommended staying here.

Room Tip: Get a higher up room the lifts are very efficient
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CRC55
326doconnor, Customer Service Manager at Clayton Hotel Burlington Road, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2017

Hello CRC55,

Really great to read the wonderful review and scoring you have awarded us, really excited to pass on to Tommy that you had such a wonderful stay here at the Clayton Hotel Burlington Road.

We really look forward to welcoming you back again.

Customer Service Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,817)

Reviewed 7 December 2017

Great value for money. Very comfortable, not far away from city center. Rooms are spacious, modern with very big comfortable beds. Bathrooms are average size, modern and clean. Service is very nice and polite.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank 1be_monica
326doconnor, Customer Service Manager at Clayton Hotel Burlington Road, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Hello 1be_monica,

Just messaging you back briefly to say big thanks for the tremendous score you awarded the team and property here at the Clayton Hotel Burlington road. We are really happy that you enjoyed your stay.
Hope to see you back with us again soon.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

Great hotel, The resturant and Bar were both excellent for food & service. The room was very comfortable as was the king size bed. Just off the lobby there is a very relaxing sitting area with it's own bar and snack food... overall very enjoyable.

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank TINYPEI

Hello TINYPEI,

Just messaging you back to say thank you for your time spent reviewing our Hotel and thank you for your kind words and scoring you gave while filling out the review.
It is really satisfying to know our team at the Clayton Hotel Burlington Road is doing a good job and that you enjoyed our relaxing lobby and executive area so much.
We are very grateful for the scoring, thank you once again,

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

I attended a Charity function here and from the start not a great impression.
I pulled into hotel early as I had a meeting at 11am prior only to be left waiting in car for over a half hour as Guinness were doing a delivery blocking car park completely.
I asked doorman how much longerand his reply was nothing to do with me..
Half an hour late for meeting I explained to receptionist that I needed an Item to be placed in my room from meeting room and I also mentioned this to the meeting room staff that were having a great chat and left me waiting. Needless to say the Item was not brought to my room serious communication issues to be honest..
When I did ho to my (room a twin) I found it to be very small with very little room to relax it was very Dusty and not bright but very dim.
Water and tea facilitates in room but water bottle very cheap as in the plastic literally crumpled in my hand.
Over all the room was not worth the price paid in my honest opinion.
While the lunch was good and with large numbers food was ok..
Seriously need more organisation in the bar as waiting for service could take 10 minutes or more.
I got the opinion that we were not wanted in hotel as service overall in the Bar area was very poor and no leaders behind bar taking control and when there was they stood there..
Overall this stay while for a Charity was very disappointing from the hotels point of view the service and room standard was not up to scratch.
Most importantly Wifi very bad I can get better service in Donegal hills. This was very frustrating when trying to pay in bar..
Not a great reflection on the hotel overall I suppose but it let itself down.
Breakfast was ok staff here were very nice and polite and helpful..

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank jj161

Hello jj161,

I would like to say thank you for your comprehensive review and score you awarded us here at the Clayton Hotel Burlington Road, we are very happy and encourage constructive feedback from our guests as ultimately it will benefit the Hotel in the long term.
I am sorry to have to read that your stay was tarnished in many small ways, all of which are thankfully easily fixable with some corrective training and improvement on communication for the teams here involved with the everyday running of the property. I am sorry that your stay with us was not up to your or our own standards and is very much regrettable that we were unable to assist in having a more comfortable and hospitable stay.

I have passed the comments regarding the water containers to our accommodation management team for consideration and have spoken with the Food & Beverage Manager to see where we can provide better training to our team members. It is also noted to monitor our parking facilities a little closer during large events to see where we can improve. I am happy to note that our free Wi-Fi available to all guests is considered as very good quality and speed for an open network and that if you had issues with the speed itself it may be an indication of a weak spot on one of our admitters, if you would like to let us know your room number when you stayed we are ore than happy to have a look into this issue also.

I do apologies that your stay was not to the good standard at which we generally practice and can only hope with this acknowledgment that you may consider in the future to using our facilities again.

Many Thanks and Kind Regards
Daniel O’ Connor

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Had a long weekend here with a friend and thoroughly enjoyed it. Twin room was well appointed with a fantastically comfortable bed. Mattress was just right, good topper and pillows and duvet were excellent. Breakfasts were good with a wide variety. Ate in on two of the evenings. Penne pasta with tiger prawns was excellent. The fish and chips not quite so good. Very pleasant and helpful staff

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Totti M

Hello Totti M,

Just wanted to send a brief thank you for your custom and also your lovely review you gave the Clayton Hotel Burlington Road. Happy to see that you were happy with our room facilities and that your overall stay with us was so highly rated.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind Regards